Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car dude.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'd be cool to take an '03 Cobra an re-do the body work to make it look like a V6. Change the exhaust and wheels too Only problem would be blower shriek.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few weeks back a friend and I ran to the sleven to get some more beer and smokes in his 35th anniversary mustang GT w/ bolt-ons (running 13.1's in the 1/4mile) at about 10pm and on the way back came across another mustang. At first we thought that it was a V6 with flowmasters and he was wheeving in and out of traffic! He looked like an idiot, so we did what any other person that thinks there **** dont stick would do! we ran up on him so fast that when we scared the **** outta him, once he relized that he had someone keeping up with him side by side he got a lil eat **** grin! well this is when EVERYTHING went to hell because ALL we heard was him drop his gears and jump a good 1 to 1 1/2 cars on us! Whe tried pulling him in and actually stopped his pull but we were not making any ground up trying to pull him back in, so we shut it down at about 100mph (in a 45)!!! Needless to say my friend was pretty upset that he couldnt pull the other car... The next day I was running down the block and actually ran into that same mustang but this time it was mid afternoon so I was able to see that it was a

MACH1!!!!!! I just started laughing and then called my friend to put him at ease about the run he had the night before! sorry for the thread jack but someone on this thread had mentioned something about the mach's being mistaken as a gt with some special package! lol, that was on the money!!!

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 12-22-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought you were supposed to race?

Originally Posted by blackSSmoke01
We get on the highway doing about 60 and he honks.

thats not a race... thats two cars rolling down the highway and then going WOT..
Old 12-22-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
It'd be cool to take an '03 Cobra an re-do the body work to make it look like a V6. Change the exhaust and wheels too Only problem would be blower shriek.
im sure you could pass it for a v6 with a supercharger.. hahahaha
Old 12-22-2008, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rocket5979
Yes but there is a point of diminishing power returns when advancing your timing too far on an N/A combo no matter if you are running into knock or not. Meth is usually not very helpful in normal street driven N/A cars because of this. Now a high CR or blown car are a different story.
thats why i dont think it would be worth the time or money. you can get away with a fair amount of timing with a mach 1. thats why they respond so well to a basic tune. my buddy's mach 1 has a catback (shitty flowmaster), midpipe and cai. it baselined 270. after the car was tuned it left at 302rwhp.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:36 PM

I would have punched him right in the *****. Talking **** and then using a car that's not yours is just lame.

Originally Posted by lemons12
i thought you were supposed to race?

thats not a race... thats two cars rolling down the highway and then going WOT..
Because everyone has a great spot to just line up a race from a dig right near wherever they happen to be at the moment

Some people need to realize that sometimes you gotta take what you can get when setting up a street race.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ

Because everyone has a great spot to just line up a race from a dig right near wherever they happen to be at the moment

Some people need to realize that sometimes you gotta take what you can get when setting up a street race.
im sure it wouldnt have killed them to at LEAST drop down to a slower roll... something like 30mph.. i mean wtf 60 mph??? thats supra racing speeds.. lmao..

it just doesnt seem like a "Race" to me.. seems like two cars side by side and then go WOT for the hell of it...

as said, i understand not everyone can always have a place to go from a dig.... but if you can kick it down 60, you could slow down to 30..
Old 12-22-2008, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

but if you can kick it down 60, you could slow down to 30..
Well i think its stupid to race from 30, so why not just slow to like 5-10MPH then? i mean for that matter why not stop?

because you didnt have the chance and not every race happens like you'd want.

not all of us live in huge open spaces where we can find country roads that never end to race on. some of us live in cities where you may only catch a car once and from whatever speed you may be already going.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Well i think its stupid to race from 30, so why not just slow to like 5-10MPH then? i mean for that matter why not stop?

because you didnt have the chance and not every race happens like you'd want.

not all of us live in huge open spaces where we can find country roads that never end to race on. some of us live in cities where you may only catch a car once and from whatever speed you may be already going.
yes it would be better to go from 5-10... and best to go from a dig... of course... are you agreeing or arguing lmao..

i didnt say i lived in a huge open space with never ending roads..

i said that racing from 60 mph is retarded.. ESPECIALLY if your in a parking lot and set something up and then pull out and do it.... just driving down the highway and someone passes you at WOT and you want to play.. thats different...

argue all you want.. do you ***** racing all you want.. doesnt matter either way to me..
Old 12-22-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

did you not comprehend my post and understand that i think its dumb to even race at 30? i just say if you HAVE to race from a roll, do a low roll.. lowest possible that is...

if not, race like your supposed to... from a dig.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

did you not comprehend my post and understand that i think its dumb to even race at 30? i just say if you HAVE to race from a roll, do a low roll.. lowest possible that is...

if not, race like your supposed to... from a dig.
like your supposed too? where is this hand book with all these street racing rules? i got exactly what you were saying and think of it this way, you are only one dude who thinks different than the OP, well what if i think you're both crazy and you should never roll race, does that make me right? or you guys right? no not one friggin bit.

i was just proving a point that not everyone see's it the same way. i know tons of guys who like 60mph rolls they are called Joto Jonda's

but who cares if they wanna do that or can only do that **** at least they got to race!?

i mean there is a BMW i see all the time and i can tell the guy thinks he is a hard ***. i would love to catch him at a light and blow his doors off but everytime i see him its around rush hour, and each time i try to get next to him he just takes off, so if i want to race him my only option is from whatever speed his going and just taking off.

i'd still call that a race especially if i chased him down and won.

so please do post those 'Street Racing Rules' so we all know from now on, and dont offend you with our Gay remarks
Old 12-22-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

like your supposed too? where is this hand book with all these street racing rules? i got exactly what you were saying and think of it this way, you are only one dude who thinks different than the OP, well what if i think you're both crazy and you should never roll race, does that make me right? or you guys right? no not one friggin bit.

i was just proving a point that not everyone see's it the same way. i know tons of guys who like 60mph rolls they are called Joto Jonda's

but who cares if they wanna do that or can only do that **** at least they got to race!?

i mean there is a BMW i see all the time and i can tell the guy thinks he is a hard ***. i would love to catch him at a light and blow his doors off but everytime i see him its around rush hour, and each time i try to get next to him he just takes off, so if i want to race him my only option is from whatever speed his going and just taking off.

i'd still call that a race especially if i chased him down and won.

so please do post those 'Street Racing Rules' so we all know from now on, and dont offend you with our Gay remarks

yes like your supposed to.. only one person that thinks roll racing is queer? i know for a fact that thats not right

i dont care what kind of point you were proving to be honest..

i dont give a **** if they want to do it or not, was just stating my opinion on whatever they did..

if i cant race someone from a dig that i really want to race then i wont do it..
again i will say.. if your just ******* around (not racing) then a roll is fine... but if your racing.. you would be at a dead stop..

you can keep arguing.. your wasting your time though, lmoa.. i will still think it is queer no matter what your point is..
Old 12-22-2008, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

yes like your supposed to.. only one person that thinks roll racing is queer? i know for a fact that thats not right

i dont care what kind of point you were proving to be honest..

i dont give a **** if they want to do it or not, was just stating my opinion on whatever they did..

if i cant race someone from a dig that i really want to race then i wont do it..
again i will say.. if your just ******* around (not racing) then a roll is fine... but if your racing.. you would be at a dead stop..

you can keep arguing.. your wasting your time though, lmoa.. i will still think it is queer no matter what your point is..
well thanks sweetie, i think white T/A's are homo too, wait my car is white

and i agree roll racing is stupid as all get out, but everyone says that like 24/7 everyone here already knows the only people who roll race around here are the termi's

and i come to this site to waste my time in the first place, what other reason would i be in a street racing section for? to study?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

well thanks sweetie, i think white T/A's are homo too, wait my car is white

and i agree roll racing is stupid as all get out, but everyone says that like 24/7 everyone here already knows the only people who roll race around here are the termi's

and i come to this site to waste my time in the first place, what other reason would i be in a street racing section for? to study?
no problem... artic white is the ****...

good to know you agree.. if you dont do it... then your ok.......

the rest of you rollers are queer.. hahahahaha...

leave the roll racing to hondas termis and supras.. hahahhahaa
Old 12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

no problem... artic white is the ****...

good to know you agree.. if you dont do it... then your ok.......

the rest of you rollers are queer.. hahahahaha...

leave the roll racing to hondas termis and supras.. hahahhahaa
dont get me started on those sorry *******, dudes with 1000rwhp barely running 10's and ****. thats is the most joto investment ever.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

dont get me started on those sorry *******, dudes with 1000rwhp barely running 10's and ****. thats is the most joto investment ever.
hahahaha.. cracks me up every time i hear about it..

"well my buddies 800rwhp supra will come get you.." "o yea, what he run?"

"11s"
Old 12-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Actually Oxford White is the ****....lol. I agree race from the lowest roll you can get off if you cant do a dig. BTW- I see you guys are cracking on Supras and Termi's not all of them make big power and are slow...I hope to go 10's this year full weight,stock irs, and still with the eaton, no juice. If not it will be very close, low 11's at over 125. Not bad for a 3850 pound tank on DR's.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Actually Oxford White is the ****....lol. I agree race from the lowest roll you can get off if you cant do a dig. BTW- I see you guys are cracking on Supras and Termi's not all of them make big power and are slow...I hope to go 10's this year full weight,stock irs, and still with the eaton, no juice. If not it will be very close, low 11's at over 125. Not bad for a 3850 pound tank on DR's.
actaully sonic blue is the **** and im gonna beat ya to the 10's
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
actaully sonic blue is the **** and im gonna beat ya to the 10's
lol ....you might...it seems we are doing very similar mods so it will be interesting. Like i said before i'm not crazy about the track as long as I still represent on the streets I am happy. But I should be close to the 10's.