Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got hustled by an 03 cobra lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackSSmoke01
Would it be something you would be able to turn on or off from inside the car?
Yes you can turn meth injection on and off from the inside of the car with a switch. However unless you are switching the spark advance in the tune when turning the meth off then you will run into knock issues arising because now the spark timing is too advanced for the octane of the fuel since the meth isn't helping raise it. In boosted applications you will usually run the meth with a boost activated Hobbs pressure switch so that it only lets the meth spray at such and such RPM's. That way you don't waste the meth and you still have the added safety and/or power because of it in a blown combo.

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
thats why i dont think it would be worth the time or money. you can get away with a fair amount of timing with a mach 1. thats why they respond so well to a basic tune. my buddy's mach 1 has a catback (shitty flowmaster), midpipe and cai. it baselined 270. after the car was tuned it left at 302rwhp.
I agree with you. I do not consider meth injection worth it on a normal N/A vehicle (aka not high CR). Some vehicles will take more timing than others some prefer less. That has more to do with the combustion chamber design and how the flamefront propagates than anything else. Some vehicles will actually pick power up from retarding timing a bit if they were already overtimed but maybe not quite knocking yet. Tuning spark timing on a vehicle is definitely something best left on a case by case basis.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Artic White is the ****....lol. I agree race from the lowest roll you can get off if you cant do a dig. BTW- I see you guys are cracking on Supras and Termi's not all of them make big power and are slow...I hope to go 10's this year full weight,stock irs, and still with the eaton, no juice. If not it will be very close, low 11's at over 125. Not bad for a 3850 pound tank on DR's.
hope you hit your times....

o and i agree with you on the color 100%!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
hope you hit your times....

o and i agree with you on the color 100%!!!!
Thanks man...and I hope your car is coming a long good.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man...and I hope your car is coming a long good.

it is for the most part haha.. changing it up a little.. putting full exhaust back on.. just needs a tune and finish my damn weight reduction ****.. (batter reloc./carptet/stereo..... ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC!!!! hahahaha)

its always something.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12

it is for the most part haha.. changing it up a little.. putting full exhaust back on.. just needs a tune and finish my damn weight reduction ****.. (batter reloc./carptet/stereo..... ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC!!!! hahahaha)

its always something.
Did you put those heads on ?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think he caught your quoted post edit..

Oh, and I'm a proud supporter of roll racing because I'm terrified of my loud *** 10 bolt, lol. Between the 20mph+ rolls and the Sumitomos out back, I'm hoping I should be good.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did you put those heads on ?
yes sir i did! ended up being a little more $ than i had panned (but when is it not?).. i cant complain too much though cause they got paid for becaise *i* backed into a truck.. hahahahaha...

i cant wait to get to the dyno and see what kinda numbers i put down.. im hoping for 425.. 7.0@97.. but who knows? right now since i dont have a tune for the heads and im not 100% ready to run at the track yet im trying to find some local races and stuff.. been getting bored.. haha

Originally Posted by Texas 02 Z28
I don't think he caught your quoted post edit..

Oh, and I'm a proud supporter of roll racing because I'm terrified of my loud *** 10 bolt, lol. Between the 20mph+ rolls and the Sumitomos out back, I'm hoping I should be good.
hahaha, i know..

and i do understand the reasoning behind that 100%! hahaha.. i dont worry too much on the street even with my E/T streets.. cause i still spin.. but at the track... OOOO NOOOOO!!!!! hahahaha..

Last edited by lemons12; 12-22-2008 at 10:58 PM.