Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

STOCK 2000 ws6 vs stage2 cobalt + other mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008 | 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
I could take a stage 2 with my stock TC

:hide:

nice kill, but you need to get those tail lights fixed!!!
i hope that was a joke, cause those Super charged cobalts put down more wheel horse than a stock TC has flywheel.

the Eco-tec is a great motor for boost, but i think turbo's are the way to go with 4cyl's as you can see the new SS Cobalts are Turbo'd and with just a Tune, CAI, and new down pipe they can put down 320 wheel horse and run low 13's to high 12's pending traction [wrong wheel drive FTL]
Old 12-23-2008 | 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

I also raced a Stage II Cobalt SS awhile back. Im not going to lie, I was nervous before the race, I was expecting it to be neck and neck....it wasen't lol.
Old 12-23-2008 | 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

I would actually like to see a stock for stock race between the saturn ion redline and the cheve cobalt ss sc/t whatever! I think it would be a fun race between the two...
Old 12-23-2008 | 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i hope that was a joke, cause those Super charged cobalts put down more wheel horse than a stock TC has flywheel.

the Eco-tec is a great motor for boost, but i think turbo's are the way to go with 4cyl's as you can see the new SS Cobalts are Turbo'd and with just a Tune, CAI, and new down pipe they can put down 320 wheel horse and run low 13's to high 12's pending traction [wrong wheel drive FTL]

Good Job Mr Google. now if you had read his post correctly and seen he put "hide" as to suggest he was joking you wouldnt have to waste all this time on "theoretical times" for the new cobalts
Old 12-23-2008 | 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what are the weight differences between the old SC cobalts and the redlines?
Old 12-23-2008 | 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I would actually like to see a stock for stock race between the saturn ion redline and the cheve cobalt ss sc/t whatever! I think it would be a fun race between the two...
they are exactly the same car, exact same motor, it would be like a WS6 racing a Z28. . . sure one is gunna win but its gunna be by such a minute amount it wont matter.

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
Good Job Mr Google. now if you had read his post correctly and seen he put "hide" as to suggest he was joking you wouldnt have to waste all this time on "theoretical times" for the new cobalts

and man just because i know quiet a bit about the Cobalts doesnt mean i google'd ****, i hear about them every day from one of my best friends who happens to work 1 cube over from me and while i surf LS1tech, he is on CobaltSS.net and of coarse we share stories and new things we've found out.

i guess for today i could tell him how nice of a guy you were captain dick.

sorry i didnt know what the :hide: ment cause it looked out of place.

and def isnt a smiley ha.
Old 12-23-2008 | 03:39 PM
Launching!

Dude he is talking Cobalt turbocharged when he says TC not Scion TC. DId you look at his sig? He has an SS/TC sedan
Old 12-23-2008 | 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

in b4 ls1wannabe
Old 12-23-2008 | 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

they are exactly the same car, exact same motor, it would be like a WS6 racing a Z28. . . sure one is gunna win but its gunna be by such a minute amount it wont matter.

and man just because i know quiet a bit about the Cobalts doesnt mean i google'd ****, i hear about them every day from one of my best friends who happens to work 1 cube over from me and while i surf LS1tech, he is on CobaltSS.net and of coarse we share stories and new things we've found out.

i guess for today i could tell him how nice of a guy you were captain dick.

sorry i didnt know what the :hide: ment cause it looked out of place.

and def isnt a smiley ha.
No wonder I thought it would be a good race!!!
Old 12-23-2008 | 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01 Trans-Am WS6
I also raced a Stage II Cobalt SS awhile back. Im not going to lie, I was nervous before the race, I was expecting it to be neck and neck....it wasen't lol.
ya me 2, he got walked by a bolt on ss... so i was kinda scurd lol.. and that supercharger sounds like a cobra one, so that even put more fear in me...but the all mighty ls1 came out on top...twice!!!
Old 12-24-2008 | 06:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by highway21
ya thats the one from concord.... said he raced a ss with ls6 intake and bolt ons and gears... when he raced the ss it was about the same outcome... so i guess i hav a factory freak on my hands... cause i dont even hav the ls6intake and i did about the same...

vid for there race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfUZG...e=channel_page
yea i know that kid with the cobalt. I don't know how true it is but i've heard that ss was kind of slow for what it had.
Old 12-24-2008 | 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

I did mean T/C instead of TC since there is a slow *** Scion with that badge. There is a pic in my sig to help with the bad acronym on my part though!!

:hide: is a pretty common smiley on a lot of boards, I knew a few would get it....

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
hahaha. a civic Si could probly beat you TC i know my 2004 Grand prix with an intake could rofl.

and it was horribly slow

260hp 3000lb > 200hp 2954lb

We wont mention the hack 140tq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V0nqBrmgxQ

Last edited by hugger1975; 12-24-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-25-2008 | 02:33 AM
Banned

ya thats the one from concord.... said he raced a ss with ls6 intake and bolt ons and gears... when he raced the ss it was about the same outcome... so i guess i hav a factory freak on my hands... cause i dont even hav the ls6intake and i did about the same...

vid for there race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfUZG...e=channel_page
Looked to me like the balt was jumping everytime and the ss was walking him hard as soon as he got some momentum.
Old 12-25-2008 | 06:31 AM
TECH Junkie

I beat my freinds stage 3 from a 40-100 by about 2 cars and still pulling hard.

There fun cars to drive but wont touch an ls1
Old 12-25-2008 | 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I hate cobalts... just me!
lol...good kill
Old 12-25-2008 | 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
yea i know that kid with the cobalt. I don't know how true it is but i've heard that ss was kind of slow for what it had.
x2... if i pulled out the same outcome.. and im stock.. i think that ss had gears and every bolt on you can think of and tune (maybe fucked up tune) but still... and dude works at newtech i hurd... im just going off by what im told and if its true, theres something very wrong with that ss...
Old 12-25-2008 | 02:36 PM
TECH Veteran

x2... if i pulled out the same outcome.. and im stock.. i think that ss had gears and every bolt on you can think of and tune (maybe fucked up tune) but still... and dude works at newtech i hurd... im just going off by what im told and if its true, theres something very wrong with that ss...
Maybe i'm thinking about another ss. Is the SS in the vid silver or pewter? If thats the pewter ss from newtech than i was told it runs hard for what it has. Looks like your car runs good. I'm glad i was blessed with a good running ls1. It ran good when it was stock too
Old 12-25-2008 | 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Maybe i'm thinking about another ss. Is the SS in the vid silver or pewter? If thats the pewter ss from newtech than i was told it runs hard for what it has. Looks like your car runs good. I'm glad i was blessed with a good running ls1. It ran good when it was stock too
its the pewter one from newtech... maybe its fast from a dig? ya hurd your camaro is done up nice... only thing done to mine is a tune up with some new wires... mods soon to come... im also on bayarearacing.org... see you around man, you need to bring that thing to 7th street one of these days..
Old 12-25-2008 | 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

its the pewter one from newtech... maybe its fast from a dig? ya hurd your camaro is done up nice... only thing done to mine is a tune up with some new wires... mods soon to come... im also on bayarearacing.org... see you around man, you need to bring that thing to 7th street one of these days..
Yea the Newtech SS runs hard from a dig. My car is cool but of course it could always be better. I do plan on bringing it out to 7th once the weather gets better. So I'll definitley be seeing u around. Keep holding it down for the stock ls1's.
Old 12-25-2008 | 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

ya me 2, he got walked by a bolt on ss... so i was kinda scurd lol.. and that supercharger sounds like a cobra one, so that even put more fear in me...but the all mighty ls1 came out on top...twice!!!

I was nervous going up to it, the guy with it sounded pretty cocky. I heard him pulling into the parking lot we were meeting out and heard his S/C...like I said, im not gonna lie I was nervous I would loose.

Got onto the road and it was LS1 ALLLLLL the way....he then asked for a roll and it was LS1 ALLLLLL the way.....then he said he was thinking about selling his car for a WS6 lol.