Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. modded skittle

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me vs. modded skittle

Well this last summer this guy in an dumdumdumdumdum wanted to run me, he just got it back from the shop that day. He told me it had full bolt on's, all the supporting mod's for his turbo (intercooler, piping), and a ported stock turbo and a ported head. He claimed 340 fwhp. We did 2 races, one from a 30 roll and one from a 40. First one was from the 30 roll, 3 honks and I pulled instantly a car, I then steadily pulled all the way to 120 and had about 6 cars+ on him. 2nd race was from the 40, 3 honks but this time he jumped me half a car. I quickly stopped his pull and passed him, by 120 I'd probably say 5 cars on him.

Now last night he calls me up and wants to run again. He says he just put a 50 trim turbo and wants a rematch to see how much better he performs. I don't know what else he has gotten besides the bigger turbo, but my mod's are still the same as before. Keep in mind that I ran him in the summer in AZ 110 degree weather, now it's 60 degrees and my car loves it. New races coming soon.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSilver Bullet
Well this last summer this guy in an dumdumdumdumdum wanted to run me, he just got it back from the shop that day. He told me it had full bolt on's, all the supporting mod's for his turbo (intercooler, piping), and a ported stock turbo and a ported head. He claimed 340 fwhp. We did 2 races, one from a 30 roll and one from a 40. First one was from the 30 roll, 3 honks and I pulled instantly a car, I then steadily pulled all the way to 120 and had about 6 cars+ on him. 2nd race was from the 40, 3 honks but this time he jumped me half a car. I quickly stopped his pull and passed him, by 120 I'd probably say 5 cars on him.

Now last night he calls me up and wants to run again. He says he just put a 50 trim turbo and wants a rematch to see how much better he performs. I don't know what else he has gotten besides the bigger turbo, but my mod's are still the same as before. Keep in mind that I ran him in the summer in AZ 110 degree weather, now it's 60 degrees and my car loves it. New races coming soon.
i know ur car loves it but his turbos whill love it a little more lol depending on how good u drive and how good he drives i say u by 1 or 2 cars if he sucks at driving a car with boost will not be 2 forgiving and u will murder him but if he has a driver mod he might give u a run 4 ur money

u are running ur vette right?
Old 12-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Yes I am running the vette. With his new turbo and the cold weather, I'm sure traction will be more of an enemy for him than it will be for me.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Teching In

I hate dumdumdumdumdum's sorry to hurt peoples feelings. Being force inducted cars love the cold air, cools all the components and keeps the IATs and ECTs down.
With a 50 trim anythings possible those turbos are nice. But if ur a good driver and hes decent and ur tuned right the vette should have the top end.

Little advice not that ull take it, he might try brake boosting and hell be in a low gear 2nd prolie if ur 30-40 rolling it. They go to like 7k be4 redline.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Teching In

I think he's using your car as a frame of reference to mark the power gains with the 50 trim. That new setup should make it a much better race.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Expect him to come out with at least 400 to the wheels.. if its tuned.. that about what the 50 trim SRT's make.. i know i had one.. should be a better race. And watch out for the brake boosting.. makes em jump out quick!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned

I hate to say it but youre prolly gonna lose, try for a low roll and pray he cant drive. He should be atleast 350-400whp and you are at like 350ish right? Im pretty sure he weighs about 200-300lbs less than you so be prepared for a good run. But thats all just bench racing, you might murder him again!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His car was nowhere near 340 whp on the stock turbo, the record for most power on a stock turbo without nitrous is 329 I believe. A properly done 50 trim will probably put him in the 380-420 range.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:34 AM
TECH Junkie

whoop him a second time
Old 12-25-2008, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Why are we making such a ig deal out of it the kid is not talking **** to silver bullet he just wants to see how much speed and power he gained thats all.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't see anybody making a big deal...or anybody saying the kid talked crap either
Old 12-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Beware, my car makes 430rwhp and probably weighs about 3100lbs without me in it... i had one of those suckers run up on me cruising down the highway and got 4 rolls out of the deal (i figured i would WRECK him....). The first two i pulled on him but only by a little, i probably had 1-1.5 cars on him before each shutdown. The second two he brake boosted the **** out of that thing and he walked me pretty hard. He said the car made 450 to the wheels and he was running a TT setup. Maby your guy wont have such a built whip, i tend to run into highly modded cars...
Old 12-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Teching In

If he makes 400fwhp it will run good they are light cars. If I were you I would do a low roll (1st gear). He will spin.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1passion
i know ur car loves it but his turbos whill love it a little more lol depending on how good u drive and how good he drives i say u by 1 or 2 cars if he sucks at driving a car with boost will not be 2 forgiving and u will murder him but if he has a driver mod he might give u a run 4 ur money

u are running ur vette right?
I would like to correct you on two points

1. He only has one turbo most people dont run multiple turbo's on 4cly cars.

2. n/a motors respond better to cold weather because they simply rely on the air that they can pull in and get a more dense charge. A boosted motor creates its own atmosphere so unless he is running all the boost the turbo can make (which should not be the case becuase that will be like 30psi). It will stay at 22psi or whatever he chooses even in very hot weather or very cold weather. So the colder it is the better the vette will do. Not to mention the traction advantage the vette will have when the street gets colder and more slick.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 180ls1

2. n/a motors respond better to cold weather because they simply rely on the air that they can pull in and get a more dense charge. A boosted motor creates its own atmosphere so unless he is running all the boost the turbo can make (which should not be the case becuase that will be like 30psi). It will stay at 22psi or whatever he chooses even in very hot weather or very cold weather. So the colder it is the better the vette will do. Not to mention the traction advantage the vette will have when the street gets colder and more slick.
From my understanding boost cars pick up way more in cold air than N/A cars? I know my car picks up a great amount when its cool out.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by corysmach1
From my understanding boost cars pick up way more in cold air than N/A cars? I know my car picks up a great amount when its cool out.
well yes boosted cars should benefit also but not as much as a n/a car will. but i dont see how a boosted car will gain more, can you explain your logic behind it. Because i am pretty sure i am right here.

both n/a and fi cars will gain power due to the drop in iat's. But the na car will be able to fill its cylinders with the cooler more dense air where as the fi's cars cylinders are allready being filled with a certain amount of air because of the turbo or supercharger so the volume will stay the same. Assuming that the owner is still running the same boost pressure, the bov or bypass valve or wastegate will keep the boost the same reguardless of the air temp.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

mehh it's frcken skittle.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Teching In

well yes boosted cars should benefit also but not as much as a n/a car will. but i dont see how a boosted car will gain more, can you explain your logic behind it. Because i am pretty sure i am right here.

both n/a and fi cars will gain power due to the drop in iat's. But the na car will be able to fill its cylinders with the cooler more dense air where as the fi's cars cylinders are allready being filled with a certain amount of air because of the turbo or supercharger so the volume will stay the same. Assuming that the owner is still running the same boost pressure, the bov or bypass valve or wastegate will keep the boost the same reguardless of the air temp.
To be honest I cant really explain my logic....I am just going off of what I have seen....03/04 Cobras are known for getting hot. I am just saying I have seen Cobras dyno numbers drop 20rwhp on the dyno after 1-2 pulls my Mach never dropped more that 5-7rwhp on the dyno.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Assuming that the owner is still running the same boost pressure, the bov or bypass valve or wastegate will keep the boost the same reguardless of the air temp.
colder air = denser, more oxygen per volume.

assuming boost stays the same, a turbo car will be packing in more extra oxygen than an n/a car. throw in lower iats and egts which would allow it to pack in even more oxygen while keeping the same volume of air, and youll see why a turbod car benefits more from cooler temps than a n/a car.

my ta loves colder weather, but my fiances wrx loves it more. its a much more noticeable difference in her car when the temps drop.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Darrell *** Racing makes a twin turbo kit for Skittles. I know it doesn't make much sense, but some guys wanted them so they produced them.