335xi Kill

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Where did he call his car fast?

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
and the next person with a slower car than me that calls bullshit can ****** blow me.
Poor you. Here's a tissue.
Implying that a car of a similar time is slower, is saying your car is "faster".
Its called insight. Some people have it, others don't.

I don't need a tissue. Its a justification and a fact. I guess understanding weather and altitudes affect on drag racing is dumb....
Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

i'm back home in lower bucks county for the holidays. but the race happened in mexico

pretty sure its gonna be a D1 for the win...still have yet to line up with an fbody. would love to with you off the bottle haha. lemme know, we've had some pretty warm days lately.
I got a new clutch going in soon (next week or so). I'll find you when I get it done and I'll come do some off the bottle runs.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 7plagues
Implying that a car of a similar time is slower, is saying your car is "faster".
Its called insight. Some people have it, others don't.

I don't need a tissue. Its a justification and a fact. I guess understanding weather and altitudes affect on drag racing is dumb....
Being faster and being fast are two different things. Again.. he never said he was fast. You can call it insight or whatever else you want.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Launching!

sweet i got some time then...i hit a patch of ice and need a new rear bumper and maybe some other things coughARheadersandformatoportedTBandintakemanicough .

what is the ws6 runnin off the bottle?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Launching!

Being faster and being fast are two different things. Again.. he never said he was fast. You can call it insight or whatever else you want.
its off topic, but your a fun guy.

got this to help my use of "fast" in my sentence

wiki:
Another important use of quotation marks is to indicate or call attention to ironic or apologetic words. Ironic quotation marks can also be called scare, sneer, shock, or distance quotes.
Ironic quotation marks are sometimes gestured in oral speech using air quotes: My brother claimed he was “too busy” to help me.

Quotation marks indicating ironic use of a term should be used with care. Without the intonational cues of speech, they can obscure the writer’s intended meaning.

guess i should of said 'fast' instead.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

sweet i got some time then...i hit a patch of ice and need a new rear bumper and maybe some other things coughARheadersandformatoportedTBandintakemanicough .

what is the ws6 runnin off the bottle?
Hell if I know. It's just for fun. I don't really care what time or trap speed I have. It's a full weight WS6 (minus spare/jack) on Goodyear Eagles GS-D3 275s. Hooks pretty well from a 2nd gear roll as long as it's above 40 degrees.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 7plagues
its off topic, but your a fun guy.

got this to help my use of "fast" in my sentence

wiki:
Another important use of quotation marks is to indicate or call attention to ironic or apologetic words. Ironic quotation marks can also be called scare, sneer, shock, or distance quotes.
Ironic quotation marks are sometimes gestured in oral speech using air quotes: My brother claimed he was “too busy” to help me.

Quotation marks indicating ironic use of a term should be used with care. Without the intonational cues of speech, they can obscure the writer’s intended meaning.

guess i should of said 'fast' instead.
I'm sorry, but you lost me.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

hey uh has someone let the guy with the z28 know that the op will still rape him ... uh 10 degrees and a little change in octane isnt gonna save him in the least ... props to the op
Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Launching!

yeah def just for fun for sure. let me know when the clutch comes and is in.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foxriderry
hey uh has someone let the guy with the z28 know that the op will still rape him ... uh 10 degrees and a little change in octane isnt gonna save him in the least ... props to the op
haha 10 degrees, you know... Arizona is a desert right?...lol forget altitude i guess huh. I'm not saying I want to race the OP or even I'm faster...
Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

i'm pretty sure we'd be neck and neck with the DA change...
Old 01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Nice car and good kill story. This is what sucks about racing people you do not know or at least get to talk to after. You only know what happened in one car during the race.

Like your car by the way!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

quoted to laugh at ignorance. . .

our DA here he stated 2500-4000 now the DA in PA -xxx [insert some ridiculous negative DA that we never see in the desert]

that right there is a huge difference, my fastest time in phoenix was a 13.385, but if i correct that accounting for DA it is equivalent to a very high 12 or a very very very low 13.

now considering the Z28 ran a 13.2 i'd say with DA correction he'd be right around a 12.8-12.9 which would be a very good race for Tug as he also stated his 13.0 was with some extra weight and with that out he could pull a 12.9 which would only tie the Z28 so

i'm pretty sure we'd be neck and neck with the DA change...
and i totally agree, as i had nearly the same debate with you Tug a couple days back.

would be an extremely interesting race, and like i've said before i love that White G8
Old 02-17-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow...i didn't ****** drink and drive...get off it...all i meant was he got some beers in him and felt like talkin **** and put a 100$ on it...I DID NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. for ***** sake...

yeah i think he probly missed 3rd...this is my 3rd race against a 335 and the only one worth posting because of how big the difference was. and the fact that it was the xi.

if you take the weight off for 1/2 a tank, leaving 1/4 tank in, its a 12 second car with a tune only...thats why i posted the amount of gas on that run.

and the next person with a slower car than me that calls bullshit can ****** blow me.
you shouldnt drink and drive tug....

i say BS... and i have the faster car, so i win!

Originally Posted by danielgoforth
I don't get it. Are you saying that running with 3/4 tank of gas would make you significantly slower or something? In that case you should have taken a **** before the race and driven without shoes. I have never heard someone bring up the amount of gas in their car when talking 1/4 mile runs .
that is exactly what he is saying... gad weighs around 7lbs a gallon, which a full tank could make you run 2/10s slower in the quarter... seems like a difference to me.. i will only run/race on a 1/4 tank..

lmao... wow, ignorance is bliss i suppose..

2001 Z28 Y3F
Hurst w/ ws6store shifter, MTI CF lid, FRA, DynoHookerMax catback. MSD 8.5mm/NGKT55
13.2@108mph/2.2 60ft phx.

he runs 13.2@108 in im sure much warmer weather, and def. a higher elevation.. not to mention the 2.2 sixty foot.. so "bench racing" ( at the ---> " ") he would beat tug..

good kill tug!

PS. im still waiting for us to run..
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Probably has something to do with the fact you raced a turbo AWD BMW that out launched you by a car from the get go and somehow you managed to kill a low 13 sec car. Amazingly you did this by rolling into the throttle, short shifting second gear and all while putting 3 cars on it by the time you hit 95?
Turbo? my buddy has a 335xi awd and its not turbo???????????????
Old 02-18-2009, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****, only 2000-4000 DA...I wish I had that. I am at 4600' Elevation, let alone when you factor in Humidity and everything else. I envy everyone with -DA's.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02ws666
Both the 335i and 335xi are twin turbo I6's. The Xi is AWD.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 02ws666
Originally Posted by b4christ15
Both the 335i and 335xi are twin turbo I6's. The Xi is AWD.
Yeah, if your buddy has a 335xi, it's turbocharged.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

what happened to foxriderry haha. . .
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, if your buddy has a 335xi, it's turbocharged.
what years? im telling you my fried does not have a twin turbo beamer...

Quick Reply: 335xi Kill