Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My first real run in with a charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
LoL a "dumdumdum" is an SRT8 minus 4 cylinders and is a neon base. See here Ill say it,

dumdumdumdum <---that was actually "s" & "r" & "t" & "4" without the quotes, spaces, and ampersands. Apparently with the dumdumdumdum's introduction, a ton of the skittle owners thought they were LS1 killers. Little did they realize the LS1 were not actually racing.

mid to high 13s for the pre 09 RT IF its not heatsoaked at all, an excellent tune, an impecable driver or on drag radials, and with good weather. Personally I have yet to see it. Father inlaws 300c RT with a canned tune is still a dog compared to my GTO...and Id estimate at best a mid 14. Seriously from a dig, I gave him the hit and a full car length. By 40 mph (top of 1st) I was passing him hard. 2nd gear was just mean as by 60 mph I had a good 4 to 5 car lenghts. The stock RTs at the local track here struggle to get to 14.0...
I figured but I kept typing "f-t-w" and it was automatically converting to dumdumdum.

Actually an average day at Sears Point a stock Magnum will run mid 14s with heatsoak. Its a friends car.

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
Deuuuce there are a couple of roots type superchargers out.

http://www.rdpmotorsport.com/

here's the gears

http://estore.websitepros.com/208190...=161&total=200
True on the blower, thanks. However you notice that the internal gears are from Richmond, but the actual final-drive ratio remains stock. I've heard about optional FDs, but haven't come across it and I read one package was over $2,000.

Originally Posted by 7plagues
Out here in AZ I've seen a stock r/t run 14.7@92mph, bracket racing... that was his best. Probably a bad driver. I saw a Magnum r/t running 15.1@90 or so with an intake too. Course AZ blows. I have read about R/T hitting low 14s or high 13s. My stepfathers 06 daytona with intake feels like it might hit 100mph in the quarter.
See above.

CRF450RR routinely runs mid 13s with 1.9 60fts at Sears Point on cool days. Intake and canned tune only. Highest trap is 103.96mph. He keeps it cool and it's a low-optioned R/T.

1.9 60fts and they are sub 14.0 cars.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Teching In

somehow i still have no respect for the chargers, chrysler screwed over the design with that electric shift trans, they suck IMO and they LAGGG like a sonofabitch. (buddy has a SRT8) yeah theyre fun but theyre too big and bulky with not enough go, he put a CAI on it and used a diablo (i think) tuner and it didnt do much until he put a magnaflow exhaust on it. faster, but not fast enough for my tastes

Ill stick with the Fbodies. LS1 for the win, and who can beat a T56?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Owners that now run consistent 12s with the canned tune don't mind the bulkiness.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by master_disaster
somehow i still have no respect for the chargers, chrysler screwed over the design with that electric shift trans, they suck IMO and they LAGGG like a sonofabitch. (buddy has a SRT8) yeah theyre fun but theyre too big and bulky with not enough go, he put a CAI on it and used a diablo (i think) tuner and it didnt do much until he put a magnaflow exhaust on it. faster, but not fast enough for my tastes

Ill stick with the Fbodies. LS1 for the win, and who can beat a T56?
i'm not a huge fan either, but they do seem like a nice cruiser.

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Owners that now run consistent 12s with the canned tune don't mind the bulkiness.
and wow! no i wouldnt mind the bulkiness either if i was running mid-high 12's consistently.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chargers make me sad! They are sooooo sexy!!! I just cant get around how fat they are!!!! If they were lighter then I would for sure have it!!! MT wouldnt hurt also!!!!!