Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 Trans Am VS 01 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 98 Trans Am VS 01 Cobra

a local kid was running his mouth about how he had the fastest car in town and this and that.... well word got back around to me pretty quickly.. i supposedly (according to him) had been "dodging" him for the past few weeks...

he had been trying to get me to run but couldnt get a hold of me... now in a bigger town i could understand this.. but EVERYONE knows me and my car in this town.. almost everyone has my number.. its easy to get in touch with me, ESPECIALLY about racing..

so.. i was driving by Krystals (food place) one day in the far left lane.. i just happened to glance over and see his cobra sitting there... a few seconds later i was parked next to it looking in at the boys he was with and them having their jaws dropped.. haha..

i went inside and asked him if he was ready to do it.. he agreed and got up.. i told him i could either run him on street tires, or my slicks.. he said he wanted everything i had and wanted me to run on slicks.. i went to the house to get them and he ended up calling and bitching that he was on street tires... SO! i said fine i will run on street tires also.. and let him know it wasnt going to matter..

i showed back up.. we talked the race over a little bit then rolled out..

race was 20mph-110mph.. well at least i hit 110... he probably i 70... hahahaha..
since i was on street tires and didnt want to blow the tires off, i 1/2-3/4 him till about 50 and then 3/4-full throttled him to about 65ish.. then was WOT until 110..

i apologize for the thread.. the girl was taking the vid on her phone..

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/g...stockCobra.flv

MODS:

cobra- 01 bone stock with the wing, aftermarket hood, and 18s..

trans am- stock of course

youtube.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QujTIqbL0

Last edited by lemons12; 01-06-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMFAO That was brutal he better not come back with some bullshit excuse good kill
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Was that even a race, it looked like you just punch it and went by him. You guys didnt even line up and im at work its low but I didnt even hear any honks..If he was honestly racing you wouldnt have pulled him like that. 99/01 4v's are no joke. Dont let it go to your head, all he needs is the right gear (430's) and a few exhaust mods (catback/midpipe) to see high 12's.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12

Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

hahahahahaahh that was great, what were you doing running right along side of him for the first while? otherwise complete and total pwnage. nice kill man, and those wings are ridiculous!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Was that even a race, it looked like you just punch it and went by him. You guys didnt even line up and im at work its low but I didnt even hear any honks..If he was honestly racing you wouldnt have pulled him like that. 99/01 4v's are no joke. Dont let it go to your head, all he needs is the right gear (430's) and a few exhaust mods (catback/midpipe) to see high 12's.
i think lemons12 has him covered a few times over, he is a semi-stripper car with some goodies IIRC
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
a local kid was running his mouth about how he had the fastest car in town and this and that.... well word got back around to me pretty quickly.. i supposedly (according to him) had been "dodging" him for the past few weeks...

he had been trying to get me to run but couldnt get a hold of me... now in a bigger town i could understand this.. but EVERYONE knows me and my car in this town.. almost everyone has my number.. its easy to get in touch with me, ESPECIALLY about racing..

so.. i was driving by Krystals (food place) one day in the far left lane.. i just happened to glance over and see his cobra sitting there... a few seconds later i was parked next to it looking in at the boys he was with and them having their jaws dropped.. haha..

i went inside and asked him if he was ready to do it.. he agreed and got up.. i told him i could either run him on street tires, or my slicks.. he said he wanted everything i had and wanted me to run on slicks.. i went to the house to get them and he ended up calling and bitching that he was on street tires... SO! i said fine i will run on street tires also.. and let him know it wasnt going to matter..

i showed back up.. we talked the race over a little bit then rolled out..

race was 20mph-110mph.. well at least i hit 110... he probably i 70... hahahaha..
since i was on street tires and didnt want to blow the tires off, i 1/2-3/4 him till about 50 and then 3/4-full throttled him to about 65ish.. then was WOT until 110..

i apologize for the thread.. the girl was taking the vid on her phone..

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/g...stockCobra.flv

MODS:

cobra- 01 bone stock with the wing, aftermarket hood, and 18s..

youtube.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QujTIqbL0
THANK YOU.......he is an embarrasment to the stang community. And that's NOT even considering the fact he has a Cobra R spoiler on that thing which is just down right NASTILY pathetic.

Nice job man.....and you walking in while they were eating reminded me of that old 'Chris vs. Predator' Video. Nicely handled man.
You must not visit this section often for being a member of 4 years. Lemons is not stock...that was noted as a joke. I can respect you giving props to the ole 4V stangs though.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Ricer fly-by FTMFW!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

j/k Good Kill! This is why Street racing post don't count towards post counts!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
j/k Good Kill! This is why Street racing post don't count towards post counts!
What ever do you mean?

BTW -what's the weather like over there?

Oh wait.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

DAMN you are uglier than I had imagined.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I'd wonder if you thought otherwise K.

ALthough, I heard Jizzy already PM'd him.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

damn, I guess the monkey is outta the box LOL
Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn, I guess the monkey is outta the box LOL
....... hey I think you need to have lemons contact that cobra owner...that Cobra R spoiler would look great on your car.

Oh wait..he probably won't sell it thinking it's a good 20rwhp adder and downforce on his 'killer wicked' ride yo.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RED94Z28
LMFAO That was brutal he better not come back with some bullshit excuse good kill
ACTUALLY!!!!! i put on the youtube video.. just forgot to put it in here..

after the race he said he left his traction control on... he wanted to turn it off and race me the following week from a dig with my slicks on..

no it wasnt a race.. i just wanted to make myself feel better.. i have never beaten a mustang... soooooo... gimme a break..

i gave him 1 car length.. thats why we werent lined up, if you pay attention in the video i pass a car going to opposite direction as us, in the lane he started in.. trust me he was was racing..

so you mean i just beat a 12 second car!!!!

people do say i have the fastest stock 13 second car in my area...

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
hahahahahaahh that was great, what were you doing running right along side of him for the first while? otherwise complete and total pwnage. nice kill man, and those wings are ridiculous!
there was a hill coming up.. the moron got beside me before the hill, and i didnt want to kick it and have him come over the hill at 50mph and hit someone.. so i waited till we cleared the hill to go..

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i think lemons12 has him covered a few times over, he is a semi-stripper car with some goodies IIRC
surely not.. i told you guys, im stock.. its clear in the video.... wait he wasnt racing...

Originally Posted by ponygt65
THANK YOU.......he is an embarrasment to the stang community. And that's NOT even considering the fact he has a Cobra R spoiler on that thing which is just down right NASTILY pathetic.

Nice job man.....and you walking in while they were eating reminded me of that old 'Chris vs. Predator' Video. Nicely handled man.
You must not visit this section often for being a member of 4 years. Lemons is not stock...that was noted as a joke. I can respect you giving props to the ole 4V stangs though.
YOUR WELCOME!
i know, the spoiler is great... on the youtube video i ALMOST put 98 trans am VS 01 Cobra Gt-R special edition.. but decided not to..

o man, the pre race **** talking and everything that happened in general was PRICELESS!!! like said, i was supposed to get slaughtered by this kid... the **** talking was RIDICULOUS!!!

again, whats up with you guys........ IM STOCK!!!!!

i told the girl to make sure she got me in the vid just for you honey!

Originally Posted by ponygt65
....... hey I think you need to have lemons contact that cobra owner...that Cobra R spoiler would look great on your car.

Oh wait..he probably won't sell it thinking it's a good 20rwhp adder and downforce on his 'killer wicked' ride yo.
theres no way in hell he would sell it.... you guys couldnt see the hood... but it looks just as bad as the spoiler.. when he bought it it was a nice looking car though..
Old 01-06-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2.....
Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
x2.....

good enough to get............................................... ...................
Old 01-06-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

boy... they get all serious on you on ls1.com... sad thing is, they now my setup almost as good as you guys....

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104405

Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Teching In

wow....lol....your car sounds good Lemons....and I am not even going to get started on that Cobra.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So whats your setup?

Quick Reply: 98 Trans Am VS 01 Cobra