Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

08 G8 GT vs Charger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like those G8's also. Nice kill but hey its your wife's car, why would you want her to be driving the fatest car in the family. Why don't you buy something for yourself and supercharge it?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
I really like those G8's also. Nice kill but hey its your wife's car, why would you want her to be driving the fatest car in the family. Why don't you buy something for yourself and supercharge it?
+2 the wifey cant have a faster ride than you man!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

She won't. Right now she does because I don't have anything anymore. But I will get that fixed this summer. I think I am really leaning towards a Cyber Grey Metalic or a silver ZO6. Definately supercharge it and see what I can get out of it. I love the Zr1 but I still think it will cost too much money for one.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Tugboat, my clutch hasnt arrived (flywheel is on back order). I'll do some roll runs with the stocker. I'll go tonight if you want, assuming you're not too far away. I work til 9 PM. Or if you wanna wait til your exhaust is on, that's fine. I'll check back here at 9 when I get home.
Edit: no spray.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Nice run, although a bit fast. It takes a CAI and tune for an R/T to trap what a G8 GT can do stock. And I would guess it was the gearing that helped as well.

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
I am liking it very much. It doesn't feel really fast, but those numbers do climb pretty quickly. I am very curious to see how the GXP does and what people think of that. Still thinking ZO6 though in my future.
The GXP was recently tested by MT. Very nice car, SEEMS to be a driver's race vs. the SRT-8 stock for stock. Both the 6M and 6A ran about identical times.

AutoWeek reported a cooling issue that required the factory to put in speed limiter lower than it's potential. No details yet.

MT made a few mistakes in their write-up, but it is an upgrade vs. the GT.

Has anybody done a cam in a G8 yet? What size can we do and what are the specifics to do one? I would imagine it's pretty close to the same as a Vette.
From what I've been reading, they respond pretty well to a cam.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Launching!

anything responds pretty nicely to a bigger cam if i'm not mistaken...but yeah the stock one is pretty weak since it has to also run the DOD...

Last edited by TheTugBoat; 01-09-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
anything responds pretty nicely to a bigger cam if i'm not mistaken...but yeah the stock one is pretty weak since it has to also run the DOD...
I'm not too sure the 6.1 responds too well. But that is our (6.1 owners) problem, not yours (LSX).
Old 01-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Launching!

by anything i obviously meant the only the engine worth having in a car...coughLSxcough
Old 01-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

Your detuned LS2 is the only one worth having?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I lost pretty badly to the cts-v. He jumped it a bit, but it wouldn't have mattered. It looked like I started to gain back some ground, but he probably let off or wasn't even going full throttle. I have been trying to talk the wife into letting me put a S/C on it. But o far he has been very uncooperative. She did say though that I can do the filter, exaust, and tune. Which I know relly wakes tese guys up. But if I can't hve it all, I don't think I wanna spend the money on it.
Was it a new CTS-V or older. I was looking at the new one online. Nice Car.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

It was the previous model CTS-V doesn't matter though. Even that one is a good bit faster than the G8 GT.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTsjl...e=channel_page
Here is you're old car other vids on my youtube link, sorry for bringing up an old post.