"427" mustang? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Not a chance in hell that's true. A nice combination of the two is where
it's at.

Good kill regardless. Those little V6 blowers should never have found their way onto a Mustang.
i agree. probably one of the dumbest things i've read...my buddies turbo 240 has beat more than one ls1...

and some s r t 4 (like stage 3) are trapping close to 90mph (eigth)
Old 01-30-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
PhA ha ha ha ha ha

You're joking right? They are not that good around a road course.

While they ARE well sorted out, they aren't exactly ideal for the road course.

The suspension system for those cars consist of only springs, Front struts, ONLY rear shocks, and front and rear sway bars.http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_427r.shtml

Now come one, that's something you could do to any car on the cheap. Hell, if I bought that car and I intended on making it an occasional road course car, all that stuff would have to go. Either way, you have to deal with the new mustang's less then road course friendly solid axle (You CAN manage w/o an IRS, but I've always preferred them on twisties) and pretty bad static weight distribution (acceleration out of a turn).

I would put money on a C5Z or Z51 C6 stomping the 427r around a track. Hell, an 03-04 SVT cobra would make a better road course car.

I'm in between cars, but I'm certain my GVR4 would have handed it it's ***.
wow...I didn't realize all struts, shocks, and bars were all the same. I wonder why there are so many aftermarket suspension companies then.

R U seriously trying to tell me that they are all the same? I'm no road course genius, but tell me, please....what all does it take aside from those things, nice brakes, weight distribution, low end power, and tire/rims (more of what the 427r has) to be a nice corner carver? I didn't realize there were so many more things needed.

Tell you what, you go onto a roush mustang website and tell them how there 1g+ suspension sucks and can't hold up to an fbod with struts and shocks. Oh, and as for an 03/04 cobra handling better............you really need to stop talking abotu crap you obviously no nothing about.

And you do realize that a solid axle can handle just as nice as an irs if setup correctly right?

AS unit stated, this car (price aside) is a nice ALL AROUND package. Get over your bowtie biased comments and open your eyes.

Originally Posted by Newlogo
Aahahha a 1500$ bolt on suspension 3rd gen can out handle that thing
you can get passed 1.0g in a 3rd gen

..and im sure a well setup 4th gen can aswell
um.....see above....roush's ARE over 1.0.

What's next.....the whole, yeah well for $$$$ less I can have XX car out handle it....OH wait...that ricer argument has already been made.

n00b's, they're like gnats.

Last edited by ponygt65; 01-30-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

With LS1 F-bodies getting so cheap, I will soon be up to my eyes in noobs, I can tell.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
With LS1 F-bodies getting so cheap, I will soon be up to my eyes in noobs, I can tell.
Too late.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill on the cocky MF'r in the 427 Roush. Always thought it was stupid for them to name it the 427R. Like the first thing that most car guys wouldn't think when they see 427 badges is a nice big block rumbling under the hood. Talk about a let down. And yea, the Roushcharger roots blower on those things is lame.

As far as all the arguing over handling.....if you think the new Mustangs can't handle for ****, you have no idea what you're talking about. I'd be happy to show any of you how well an S197 GT with the right suspension tweaks will carve a corner. And I didn't have to pay Roush 50K to get it.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Good kill on the cocky MF'r in the 427 Roush. Always thought it was stupid for them to name it the 427R. Like the first thing that most car guys wouldn't think when they see 427 badges is a nice big block rumbling under the hood. Talk about a let down. And yea, the Roushcharger roots blower on those things is lame.

As far as all the arguing over handling.....if you think the new Mustangs can't handle for ****, you have no idea what you're talking about. I'd be happy to show any of you how well an S197 GT with the right suspension tweaks will carve a corner. And I didn't have to pay Roush 50K to get it.
anything with the right "tweaks" can handle good... even a shoe box 57 bel air
Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
I was referring to the comments made that the current GT's can't outhandle much because of the SRA and "poor chassis design".

Last edited by ThisBlood147; 01-30-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
I was referring to the comments made that the current GT's can't outhandle much because of the SRA and "poor chassis design".
If you respond to all the idiots who don't have a clue, you'll wear out your keyboard. Good kill to the OP.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
Being that i have had experience "FIRST HAND" with a '55-'57 Bel-Air it's going to take more than tweaks. Anyway, trying to say ROUSH cars don't handle, is like saying Micro Soft has no clue when it comes to computers.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ponygt65
wow...I didn't realize all struts, shocks, and bars were all the same. I wonder why there are so many aftermarket suspension companies then.

R U seriously trying to tell me that they are all the same? I'm no road course genius, but tell me, please....what all does it take aside from those things, nice brakes, weight distribution, low end power, and tire/rims (more of what the 427r has) to be a nice corner carver? I didn't realize there were so many more things needed.

Tell you what, you go onto a roush mustang website and tell them how there 1g+ suspension sucks and can't hold up to an fbod with struts and shocks. Oh, and as for an 03/04 cobra handling better............you really need to stop talking abotu crap you obviously no nothing about.

And you do realize that a solid axle can handle just as nice as an irs if setup correctly right?

AS unit stated, this car (price aside) is a nice ALL AROUND package. Get over your bowtie biased comments and open your eyes.

um.....see above....roush's ARE over 1.0.

What's next.....the whole, yeah well for $$$$ less I can have XX car out handle it....OH wait...that ricer argument has already been made.

n00b's, they're like gnats.
Hmm...

I never said all the components were the same. As a matter of fact I said I would replace them with better components right in my post.

Secondly, sorry bud, but the 427r package doesn't include upgraded brakes. THat's right you're stuck with the POS factory GT brakes. I think you need to check their website...

Thirdly, once again you need to check their website, I'll even post it again.

NO WHERE, and I mean NO WHERE does it say anything about thE car's handling capability or it's 1+g on a skid pad...
http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_427r.shtml

The suspension package for the 427R is a joke.

It doesn't even include front shocks.
It doesn't include new k-members or A-arms.
It doesn't include a strut tower brace.
It doesn't even include control arms.
It doesn't include a differential (have fun with your open diff)

I would personally go with coilovers, a nice shock and strut kit.

You said so yourself, not all suspension components are the same. Do you think those components they offer are top notch? I'll give you a hint, they aren't.

Now I'll ask you... R U Serious???

Also I said I PREFER an IRS, but you can manage with a solid axle. That's right in my post...

Now for the comment about me being biased. That's gold really, pure gold. I don't even own a GM car, and I'm not biased against Fords. I would buy a clean SVT (which happens to be on my list of potential next cars), or I'd buy a GT (if I had the money).

I'm not sure why you got your panties in a bunch though, if you just looked at the website you'd see it's just a lame car package...
Just look at the damn stuff included.
Get rid of the lame (ricey in my book) body panels and it would cost you significantly less.
Plus, like you said, you can get better components then what they offer.

Just look at this pitiful list for $16,000

Core Components - $15,599 + S&H

ROUSHcharged 4.6L powertrain system
ROUSH 4 Piece Aerobody Kit
Lower Valance Fog Lamps
ROUSH 18-Inch Cast Chrome Wheels & High Performance Tires
ROUSH Exhaust
ROUSH Fender Badges
ROUSH Decklid Emblem
ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
ROUSH Front Windshield Banner
ROUSH Billet Aluminum Shifter Handle
ROUSH Pedals w/ Dead Pedal
ROUSH 427R Striping Kit
ROUSH Suspension System
ROUSH Engine Build Plaque Signed By Engine Builder

Only three things out of this entire list are really performance oriented...

You'll notice that the stock 427r doesn't come with a strut tower brace (like I mentioned) or bigger brakes ($3k)...
Those are optional extras on top of the $16k package

Come on now, you've got to be joking

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 01-30-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

PLEASE look at that before anyone responds to me or says something about the car that ROUSH isn't even claiming...

I COULD care less about this arguement, but I'm tired of being told I'm wrong when the stats and facts are right there

$16k people, and you don't even get bigger brakes in the core package, unless you spend an extra $3k...

Atleast it comes with a body kit, stripes and 18" wheels

Come on now, am I on LS1tech, or on a ricer forum?

I know I'm not the only one that thinks this is a JOKE...

How about you UNIT???? Given that list for $16k, do you still think it's the COMPLETE PACKAGE???

Hell, PONYGT, I want to hear from you that you would spend $16k plus shipping for that tiny list of mods, most of which consist of appearance BS.

Oh, wiat unit, on there standard package list they include pedals, a shifter, and an engine plaque...
You guys are right, I was WAY off base.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 01-30-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Now since I've made this such a big conversation (mostly me just talking to myself I think).

Roush does make a decent track mustang... But it's going to set you back over $30k for the package alone... It's called the 427R track pak.
Here it is:http://www.roushperformance.com/must...trak_pak.shtml

That package includes ALL the track goodies you could imagine (from what I quickly glossed over) and is nothing like the base 427R package (they replaced those amazing 427R suspension components?!?! But Why?!?!).

Now, if you are going to lie through your teeth and say that is what you were talking about then I'll take back EVERYTHING I've said.

The end...

P.S, thanks for insulting me.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 01-30-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DiscerningZ32 >>>
instead of quoting your ENTIRE book of a post

let me just say this... i 100% agree with you... the end
Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's still hope in this site!

Beware, that might make you an idiotic, ricer, fanboy of a gnat

I hope this gets more interesting. I'll stay posted.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

looks like the stang boy got ripped - btw, agreed DiscerningZ32.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
No worries. Kids are crashing them as fast as they're buying them.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:34 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
No worries. Kids are crashing them as fast as they're buying them.

Yep, I have to go look at a 98 Z28 tomorrow for my 21yr old brother-in-law.

Also, I changed my mind, I'll leave this open, it will either end up as our BS thread or closed..
Old 01-30-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ Hooray for BS threads!!!

On a side note, speaking of an SVT cobra which I'm considering buying, does anyone (maybe UNIT) know where I can find that M6 to A4 conversion parts list for the cobra? How much would it cost? I can't find that thread from a while ago...

Right now it's either looking like that, an A6 LS2 C6 or an A7 370Z

I moved to the city recently and I DO NOT want another manual...

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 01-30-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Interesting thread, If I remember GM had an overpriced tape racer performance package called the "Firehawk". Those Roush cars are designed for the rich guy who knows very little about modding his car, and wants it done for him, with a warranty and very little input. I will take that 15 large the Roush costs put it into a regular GT and have an 11 second 1g pulling kick *** car. But thats me. To each his own. Good kill OP.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

^^ that's an interestin Mach you have there Newskool.
How much more boost can the Mach block take, from what you've seen??? Is it anywhere near the SVT cobras?
I know it has the same heads as the cobras, but the block is aluminum vs the cobras cast iron...
Of course you'd have to bring down the compression ratio...:\