Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"427" mustang? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
It doesn't include a differential (have fun with your open diff)[/B]
I'm just gonna say that all V8 Mustangs have limited slip, known as Traction Lok.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

^^ that's an interestin Mach you have there Newskool.
How much more boost can the Mach block take, from what you've seen??? Is it anywhere near the SVT cobras?
I know it has the same heads as the cobras, but the block is aluminum vs the cobras cast iron...
Of course you'd have to bring down the compression ratio...:\
Thanks man. The block is not the weak spot. There are quite a few stock block Machs on the M1R making 700+ RWHP. The stock Mach pistons and rods are the weak link. I am at the upper limit of HP with my stock Pistons and rods. I am currently building a new aluminum teksid shortblock with Cobra crank, Manley forged pistons and H-beam rods. I'm gone up the boost to the 20# range and hopefully put down 600++ RWHP. I'm gonna be running 9.5 to 1. You don't want to go to low compression with the centrifugal blower or you lose all the low end.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

^^^ Nice.

Those Machs are looking pretty priced to sell, and you can have one in A4. I'll have to find one near where I live for a test drive...
Old 01-31-2009, 12:23 AM
10 Second Club

^^^ Nice.

Those Machs are looking pretty priced to sell, and you can have one in A4. I'll have to find one near where I live for a test drive...
I will have a total of $35000 in mine and hopefully running 10's in air conditioned comfort. What more could you want?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How about you UNIT???? Given that list for $16k, do you still think it's the COMPLETE PACKAGE???
WTF are you talking about? Please show me where I said that.
The 427R package (or whatever the hell it's called) is a joke.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

^^^^

OH ****, my bad UNIT.

I didn't actually see you post that, but I figured you did because of what ponyGT said...

Originally Posted by ponygt65
AS unit stated, this car (price aside) is a nice ALL AROUND package.
My bad man...
It didn't seem like something you would say.

BTW, you got up REALLY ******* early... LOL
Old 01-31-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

This thread sucks. The 427r sucks. IMO, SVT > Saleen > Roush.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:54 AM

wow...I didn't realize all struts, shocks, and bars were all the same. I wonder why there are so many aftermarket suspension companies then.

R U seriously trying to tell me that they are all the same? I'm no road course genius, but tell me, please....what all does it take aside from those things, nice brakes, weight distribution, low end power, and tire/rims (more of what the 427r has) to be a nice corner carver? I didn't realize there were so many more things needed.

Tell you what, you go onto a roush mustang website and tell them how there 1g+ suspension sucks and can't hold up to an fbod with struts and shocks. Oh, and as for an 03/04 cobra handling better............you really need to stop talking abotu crap you obviously no nothing about.

And you do realize that a solid axle can handle just as nice as an irs if setup correctly right?

AS unit stated, this car (price aside) is a nice ALL AROUND package. Get over your bowtie biased comments and open your eyes.

um.....see above....roush's ARE over 1.0.

What's next.....the whole, yeah well for $$$$ less I can have XX car out handle it....OH wait...that ricer argument has already been made.

n00b's, they're like gnats.

My point is that for a about 5k(incuding car,suspension work)
you can get a Fbody(82-92) 1.0+Gs....they max at 1.3

..all from a car that was thuaght of in the late 70s when ur new "Best" mustang are Just getting there..whoes the real noob ??

but all that aside..yes it is a nice car with a sweet package indeed
and if i had Deep pockets i would proli get one...along with more f-bods and vettes..but i cant lol
Old 01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Newlogo
My point is that for a about 5k(incuding car,suspension work)
you can get a Fbody(82-92) 1.0+Gs....they max at 1.3

..all from a car that was thuaght of in the late 70s when ur new "Best" mustang are Just getting there..whoes the real noob ??

but all that aside..yes it is a nice car with a sweet package indeed
and if i had Deep pockets i would proli get one...along with more f-bods and vettes..but i cant lol
And you could do the same thing with a foxbody Mustang... designed and RELEASED in the 70s. Could do the same thing with a DSM or 2nd/3rd gen Integra or Civic. Your point?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Teching In

^^ that's an interestin Mach you have there Newskool.
How much more boost can the Mach block take, from what you've seen??? Is it anywhere near the SVT cobras?
I know it has the same heads as the cobras, but the block is aluminum vs the cobras cast iron...
Of course you'd have to bring down the compression ratio...:\
Ford now produces the "Aluminator" motor, which is basically an all aluminum Terminator motor, and can handle pretty much the same types of mods. The Mach 1 stock block isn't really weak, but the Aluminator block is considerably stronger. Sorry for the hijack.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm...

I never said all the components were the same. As a matter of fact I said I would replace them with better components right in my post.

Secondly, sorry bud, but the 427r package doesn't include upgraded brakes. THat's right you're stuck with the POS factory GT brakes. I think you need to check their website...

Thirdly, once again you need to check their website, I'll even post it again.

NO WHERE, and I mean NO WHERE does it say anything about thE car's handling capability or it's 1+g on a skid pad...
http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_427r.shtml

The suspension package for the 427R is a joke.

It doesn't even include front shocks.
It doesn't include new k-members or A-arms.
It doesn't include a strut tower brace.
It doesn't even include control arms.
It doesn't include a differential (have fun with your open diff)

I would personally go with coilovers, a nice shock and strut kit.

You said so yourself, not all suspension components are the same. Do you think those components they offer are top notch? I'll give you a hint, they aren't.

Now I'll ask you... R U Serious???

Also I said I PREFER an IRS, but you can manage with a solid axle. That's right in my post...

Now for the comment about me being biased. That's gold really, pure gold. I don't even own a GM car, and I'm not biased against Fords. I would buy a clean SVT (which happens to be on my list of potential next cars), or I'd buy a GT (if I had the money).

I'm not sure why you got your panties in a bunch though, if you just looked at the website you'd see it's just a lame car package...
Just look at the damn stuff included.
Get rid of the lame (ricey in my book) body panels and it would cost you significantly less.
Plus, like you said, you can get better components then what they offer.

Just look at this pitiful list for $16,000

Core Components - $15,599 + S&H

ROUSHcharged 4.6L powertrain system
ROUSH 4 Piece Aerobody Kit
Lower Valance Fog Lamps
ROUSH 18-Inch Cast Chrome Wheels & High Performance Tires
ROUSH Exhaust
ROUSH Fender Badges
ROUSH Decklid Emblem
ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
ROUSH Front Windshield Banner
ROUSH Billet Aluminum Shifter Handle
ROUSH Pedals w/ Dead Pedal
ROUSH 427R Striping Kit
ROUSH Suspension System
ROUSH Engine Build Plaque Signed By Engine Builder

Only three things out of this entire list are really performance oriented...

You'll notice that the stock 427r doesn't come with a strut tower brace (like I mentioned) or bigger brakes ($3k)...
Those are optional extras on top of the $16k package

Come on now, you've got to be joking

PLEASE look at that before anyone responds to me or says something about the car that ROUSH isn't even claiming...

I COULD care less about this arguement, but I'm tired of being told I'm wrong when the stats and facts are right there

$16k people, and you don't even get bigger brakes in the core package, unless you spend an extra $3k...

Atleast it comes with a body kit, stripes and 18" wheels

Come on now, am I on LS1tech, or on a ricer forum?

I know I'm not the only one that thinks this is a JOKE...

How about you UNIT???? Given that list for $16k, do you still think it's the COMPLETE PACKAGE???

Hell, PONYGT, I want to hear from you that you would spend $16k plus shipping for that tiny list of mods, most of which consist of appearance BS.

Oh, wiat unit, on there standard package list they include pedals, a shifter, and an engine plaque...
You guys are right, I was WAY off base.
Now since I've made this such a big conversation (mostly me just talking to myself I think).

Roush does make a decent track mustang... But it's going to set you back over $30k for the package alone... It's called the 427R track pak.
Here it is:http://www.roushperformance.com/must...trak_pak.shtml

That package includes ALL the track goodies you could imagine (from what I quickly glossed over) and is nothing like the base 427R package (they replaced those amazing 427R suspension components?!?! But Why?!?!).

Now, if you are going to lie through your teeth and say that is what you were talking about then I'll take back EVERYTHING I've said.

The end...

P.S, thanks for insulting me.
Originally Posted by 02ws666
DiscerningZ32 >>>
instead of quoting your ENTIRE book of a post

let me just say this... i 100% agree with you... the end
Originally Posted by x3d187
looks like the stang boy got ripped - btw, agreed DiscerningZ32.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said NOTHING about the car being worth the money....show me where I said that.....QUOTE IT!!!! I simply said it would handle asses in the road course.

Now....Mr. DISCERNING!!!!!..............Have a sneak peak at this before you spout more BS off. Then again, if you do, you'll only be proving biast shiat.

http://www.webridestv.com/showvideo.aspx?video=29470

1.05g's......compared to saleen's 1.20g's.

FTR - the 03/04 Cobra SVT is only ~.94g's.............gonna make me prove you wrong that they are less than 1.0g's and DO NOT handle as well too? Didn't think so.

And FTR - I think the 427r IS overpriced and I would NOT pay for one...nor did I EVER indicate otherwise.

I understand you're a n00b here, but I'm not one to spout off BS about stangs. I DO KNOW what I'm talking about. Stick around a while, you just might find that out.

Edit: I do believe that vid even mentions upgraded brakes on both cars.....HMMMM...fancy that one.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

As for my comment about Unit, I recalled incorrectly what he said at the time I posted that. I was in the frame of mind about 'all around', because I recalled the 'combination of hte two.'

That was my bad. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong as I'm only human.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And you could do the same thing with a foxbody Mustang... designed and RELEASED in the 70s. Could do the same thing with a DSM or 2nd/3rd gen Integra or Civic. Your point?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Restricted User

Hmm...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Came across my first one last summer.I did think it was engine size. Should have made a decent race with my 99 as last summer was pre 408 and pre twin turbo just running cam and headers and some bolt ons.
427 is still a reasonable power level for most people. A pretty nice streetable power level.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

The 427r doesn't come with upgraded brakes, that is an option on top of the package. Check their website. I'm guessing you still haven't or you would CLEARLY see that. It's right there.

I never said you thought the package was worth the money, that was just one of my arguements that the car was a joke and NOT the complete package you were saying it is. IN FACT, I said I WANTED to hear you say it was worth the money, so I obviously hadn't already seen you post that it was worth the money or claim that you had said that...............

As for me being a noob, I've actually been here for a while, I've just changed my name a few times (thinking of changing it again to just DISCERNING). Either way, that has nothing to do with our posts, this thread, or this car; so it doesn't matter.

Nothing I ever posted was Biased BS (from what I remeber, LOL). Perhaps I was a bit biased against some mustangs, but that was against these lame over priced packages, they're too hokey and overrated. THe only other things I said about the stang is that they don't have a good weight distribution (they don't) and that I don't like their solid axles (but that they aren't horrible). What's biased about that??? If anything, I was biased against that bogus over priced Roush package. And, as I mentioned before, I'm considering a Mach 1 or SVT as my next car. I LIKE mustangs, Jesus... I've seen some mean purpose built road course stangs.
Everything else was information I got on Roush's page. Or should I say lack of info. They don't talk about the car's handling prowess or capability, plain and simple.

Just so you know though, 1.05gs doesn't impress me (JMO)...
Does it impress you? Because you seem to think it's such an amazing track car.
I admit I'm wrong in saying it handles poorly, but I still say it's not that impressive or worth the dough, especially compared to saleen now, LOL.
Oh well

Sorry, but I'm going to leave this thread now. It's getting too messy and bothersome. I think you might agree.
Have fun.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 01-31-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Now I'm off to search through my old posts to find that damn thread with the SVT cobra M6 to A4 conversion
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

...no you cant...not as good or cheap as an f body

Last edited by Newlogo; 02-01-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Now....Mr. DISCERNING!!!!!..............Have a sneak peak at this before you spout more BS off. Then again, if you do, you'll only be proving biast shiat.

http://www.webridestv.com/showvideo.aspx?video=29470

1.05g's......compared to saleen's 1.20g's.

FTR - the 03/04 Cobra SVT is only ~.94g's.............gonna make me prove you wrong that they are less than 1.0g's and DO NOT handle as well too? Didn't think so.
You said you know nothing about handling, and you should just have stopped after that. Those "G-figures" were not on a skid pad, while the number you are quoting for the SVT Cobra is. Its an apples to oranges comparison, the 200ft skidpad is always going to show less peak G's than a slalom or road course. Either way these numbers have little to do with real handling, its only showing overall grip in one situation, not really impressive. The car in my sig with its minor suspension mods will pull well over 1G on street tires on corners. This is not to say a S197 can't be made to handle well because they certainly can, but that roush is nothing special.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Newlogo
...no you cant...not as good or cheap as an f body
I disagree. An AWD DSM or 2nd/3rd gen Integra is already gonna handle quite a bit better than an F-body or Mustang (3rd gen and foxbody especially) right out of the box. A few choice mods, and you have a quick car that can carve corners bigtime.