Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got my ass kicked by An STI

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevink89
stis r gay a v8 can put down more power than that without forced induction ats the point of a "performance 4 banger"and they sopund liek ****
Ohh god well thanks for the early morning laugh. i hope you provide us all with many more to come, please just don't attack any memeber's directly, cause that'll get ya banned right away.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I give it... a week before you're banned.
The fact that you're still here is a good indication that he won't be getting banned for harmless posts like that.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

^ you know when i first joined i woulda agree'd with that, but IRUN never directly slashes anyone, he uses facts and real world examples to make people look stupid, he doesnt go around slashing other types of cars and disrespecting people like alot of the other guys here do. and im surprised they havent been banned. . .

and for the record i dont even like IRUN

haha jaaaaaaay kaaaaaay, he's not so bad once you get used to him
Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
The fact that you're still here is a good indication that he won't be getting banned for harmless posts like that.
And I give you another week as well.
Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
^ you know when i first joined i woulda agree'd with that, but IRUN never directly slashes anyone, he uses facts and real world examples to make people look stupid, he doesnt go around slashing other types of cars and disrespecting people like alot of the other guys here do. and im surprised they havent been banned. . .

and for the record i dont even like IRUN

haha jaaaaaaay kaaaaaay, he's not so bad once you get used to him
Old 02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

And I give you another week as well.

You've said that for about 52 weeks in a row now, looks like you're clueless as usual. Nothing surprising there.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
***Repost Police***

You've been banned a few times in the past couple months.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

I guess your definition of "terrible amount" is quite different from mine.

The "size" of a GT30r all depends on your point of reference. On a V8, its tiny. On a 4 banger, its huge.
its not a large turbo on a "4 banger" the "r" in the "30R" means its a ball bearing turbo. That being said, that turbo spools fast as hell... because its a small turbo. I was running a pt67-76 non ball bearing. I had some lag from a dig but from a roll you could blink your eyes and the car would be at 30lbs
Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

You've been banned a few times in the past couple months.
Yes he has and he some how took me with him...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Come on, hes new; let him enjoy pissing on everything except V8s on this V8 forum ...but this attitude will get him nowhere good except being banned!!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steiner
Conservative dyno? And at 127mph he could be in the 10's with a better launch.
I ran a 11.3 @ 133mph. I had a blown exhaust gasket in 2 of the runners. The car made no power untill the top end. Thats also with a 1.9 60ft
Old 02-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Nice. Notice that I didn't say "I could be in the 10's with a better launch". LOL. It's not easy to get those 1.6 and 1.8's times but they sure help your ET.

BTW...dyno numbers are the most manipulated thing on the internet. I've seen somebody at 289whp on a Mustang dyno break into the 11's and I've seen somebody at 415whp on a Dynojet struggle to get into the low 12's.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
its not a large turbo on a "4 banger" the "r" in the "30R" means its a ball bearing turbo. That being said, that turbo spools fast as hell... because its a small turbo. I was running a pt67-76 non ball bearing. I had some lag from a dig but from a roll you could blink your eyes and the car would be at 30lbs
A GT30r is a small turbo on a V8, its a large turbo on a 4 banger. Much to big for your average driver to find it acceptable in terms of spool time and turbo lag.

Obviously most people must blink their eyes about 30 times in the time it takes you to blink yours once, because no turbo that size it going to spool quickly on a 4 cylinder. I love how ricers always try to deny physics, you're trying to spin up a significantly sized turbine wheel with any engine thats only moving a MAXIMUM of 2 liters of air every complete cycle, its going to have some serious turbo lag regardless.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM
***Repost Police***

If you look around, a GT30R is a very common "big power" turbo for 2.0-2.5l 4cyl cars. EVOs, STIs, Skittles, etc., are all running around with those. Lots of them have GT35Rs. It's not going to have the immediate torque hit of a large displacement V8 without brake-boosting, but it's not like you're going to have to wait more than half a second for throttle response.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you look around, a GT30R is a very common "big power" turbo for 2.0-2.5l 4cyl cars. EVOs, STIs, Skittles, etc., are all running around with those. Lots of them have GT35Rs. It's not going to have the immediate torque hit of a large displacement V8 without brake-boosting, but it's not like you're going to have to wait more than half a second for throttle response.
My friends bone stock STi takes at least a full second to respond to throttle input due to turbo lag, regardless of RPM.

So theres no way a GT30 or GT35 is going to spool in less than a "half second" on a 4 cylinder, you're only fooling yourself.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM
***Repost Police***

Is he trolling around in 6th gear doing 50mph? You're the one fooling yourself, doing your best to contradict anything non-negative anybody ever says about anything that isn't domestic. You are contradicting what owners of cars are telling you. So I think it is you that is trying to pull the wool over your own eyes.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

My friends bone stock STi takes at least a full second to respond to throttle input due to turbo lag, regardless of RPM.

So theres no way a GT30 or GT35 is going to spool in less than a "half second" on a 4 cylinder, you're only fooling yourself.
have YOU ever had a turbo 4cly with a gt30 or 35r? If not then you have no idea what your talking about. You can a .63 a/r or 1.01 a/r on the same turbo. If you have a .63 a/r on agt 30r it WILL spool faster then your friends stock STI.
I just dont understand why you talk about things you have no idea about.

If your friend is in 1st at 1k rpms then yes it will take some time for any turbo to spool. With my car, even with a "good" sized turbo as long as I am in the right gear at the right RPM I make vipers look dumb from a roll. After the first little bit of lag the turbo will never fall of during a race. Remember, when I shift the car doesnt go below 6200rpms
Old 02-10-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is he trolling around in 6th gear doing 50mph? You're the one fooling yourself, doing your best to contradict anything non-negative anybody ever says about anything that isn't domestic. You are contradicting what owners of cars are telling you. So I think it is you that is trying to pull the wool over your own eyes.
Nope. We were on the highway, we both downshifted, I gave him the nod to go, I punch it and leave him like hes standing still. I call him on my phone and ask why he didn't go, he says he did, but the time between the opening of the throttle and the time you get boost is a pretty big delay.

Obviously my friend wouldn't make that up, its simply the truth. I've been in the car as well, and it does have definite turbo lag, even being bone stock.

I don't understand why you're trying to argue like turbo lag doesn't exist...any time you have a small displacement, low compression engine trying to spool a turbine wheel that acts as a restriction in the exhaust, you're going to have lag.

Look, turbo lag in a bone stock Evo. Impossible you say??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cvFl7IQKe4
Old 02-10-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
have YOU ever had a turbo 4cly with a gt30 or 35r? If not then you have no idea what your talking about. You can a .63 a/r or 1.01 a/r on the same turbo. If you have a .63 a/r on agt 30r it WILL spool faster then your friends stock STI.
I just dont understand why you talk about things you have no idea about.

If your friend is in 1st at 1k rpms then yes it will take some time for any turbo to spool. With my car, even with a "good" sized turbo as long as I am in the right gear at the right RPM I make vipers look dumb from a roll. After the first little bit of lag the turbo will never fall of during a race. Remember, when I shift the car doesnt go below 6200rpms
Make Vipers look dumb...lol, there is something wrong with your brain.

And yes I've been in plenty of various cars with large ball bearing turbos. Yes, they have turbo lag.

Whats funny is a stock Viper makes more torque at idle than your car ever makes in its entire powerband.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Look, turbo lag in a bone stock Evo. Impossible you say??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cvFl7IQKe4
That's a special edition 400hp version of the Evo sold only in the UK through Ralliart called the FQ400. It's anything but a "stock" Evo. Think SVT's relationship to Ford or Hennessey's relationship to Chevrolet. Also it should be no revelation that Clarkson is, 1st and foremost, an entertainer trying to make a point. This is the same guy that called the RX-8 brilliant 3 months before calling it a joke. Putting a turbocharged 2-liter engine in 6th gear at 25mph and then complaining about turbo lag is obviously to be taken at face value. Please tell me you get the joke and can appreciate the comparison.

The FQ400, sold through Ralliart UK, produces 302.13 kW (405.2 hp), from its 2.0 L 4G63 engine as the result of being specially modified by United Kingdom tuning firms Rampage Tuning, Owen Developments, and Flow Race Engines. At 202.9 hp (151.3 kW) per litre, it has one of the highest specific output per litre of any roadcar engine. With a curb weight of 3200 lb (1450 kg), it achieves 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 9.1 seconds, 1/4 mile in 11.9 seconds at 121 mph (195 km/h), and top speed is 176 mph (283km/h), whilst costing £47,000. BBC's television series Top Gear demonstrated that the stock FQ-400 could surprisingly keep up with a Lamborghini Murcielago around a test track. The Stig recorded a Top Gear Power Lap Times of 1 minute 24.8 seconds, 4.2 seconds quicker than the Murcielago's time of 1 minute 29 seconds.[4] In a similar test conducted by UK supercar magazine evo, the Evolution was able to lap the Bedford Autodrome faster than an Audi RS4 and a Porsche Carrera 4S.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ncer_Evolution
Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Make Vipers look dumb...lol, there is something wrong with your brain.

And yes I've been in plenty of various cars with large ball bearing turbos. Yes, they have turbo lag.

Whats funny is a stock Viper makes more torque at idle than your car ever makes in its entire powerband.
Come on man. wesmanw02 HAS to know your car better than you. Hes gone through AT LEAST 128 different turbo setups. He hates imports cuz their MAD slow even when the beat his car. Their still slow. God wont let a imports beat a domestic.

And ya the viper you beat has more torque at idle.... thats really important because........................................... ..... wait you beat the viper? WITH AN IMPORT. Have this man banned for his lies.