Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 vs Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Depends on the days you go to the track. And you can go only by what you see if you'd like, but you run into a good driver and it's going to surprise you. You seem like one of those guys that runs somebody and the other guy does better than you think they should, and you swear up and down that they're spraying.
I'd love to run into a good driver in one, but I guess that none of the numerous ones I have run into had good drivers. And no, if I lose a race, I shake the other driver's hand and hit up the classified section to make my car faster. Somebody is always faster than you are.
How could you even make that assessment from reading 3 posts where I didnt believe that a stock mach1 on stock street tires would do a 13.1 with an average driver? Now I'm a sore loser? Thats quite a leap, don't you think?
Old 02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T
wait, hold on... let me try to care....
nope.... nothing.

So one or 2 of you can drive. It's just like ANY other car. Maybe a few can pull that time, but 99% of the owners cant. I have spent nearly every wednesday night at the dragstrip and nearly every friday and saturday on the street wince I was 16. Guess how many stock 03-04 Mach 1's that I have SEEN go 13.anything BONE stock? None. Not saying it's not possible, I am just saying that most can't and I havent ever seen it.
Dont get all pissy, nobody said anything about your cars.
Wow.....I didn't realize your track was the ONLY TRACK in the US. And the BEST ONE on the PLANET.

You sir are showing your ignorance........I sense a 'schooling' about to happen.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

pssst............BTW, 'Said' mach 1 driver has/had (may have gotten rid of it) the time slip to prove it. What's next, he wasn't stock?......STFU. You're an idiot.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are we 16 years old again? This is pointless crap to argue over.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
Are we 16 years old again? This is pointless crap to argue over.
My dad can beat up your dad.

WTF have you been? you always disapear and then pop up, and then leave again...I HATE THIS KIND OF RELATIONSHIP DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ponygt65
pssst............BTW, 'Said' mach 1 driver has/had (may have gotten rid of it) the time slip to prove it. What's next, he wasn't stock?......STFU. You're an idiot.
Now I am an idiot because I didn't believe something over the internet? Get over yourself and stop acting like a 13 year old. Jesus... thanks for staying mature.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

And ****... I even SAID that it probably could happen.. just that 99% of the owners WERENT doing it... do you even read, or did you just start flapping your dicksucker?

And FYI, my local track is garbage, but it's not the only one I have ever been to or run on

Last edited by PhantomR/T; 02-24-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

And ****... I even SAID that it probably could happen.. just that 99% of the owners WERENT doing it... do you even read, or did you just start flapping your dicksucker?

And FYI, my local track is garbage, but it's not the only one I have ever been to or run on
The problem is you are not a Ford guy, and your knowledge of stock Mach 1's is limited. I'll gladly post my slips since I got the car. You need to drive a 150 miles south to PBIR and I'll show you a few and I doubt the DA is any different down here. I bought my Mach used in Texas with 62000 miles. A week later I ran it bone stock in 90 degree weather and had a best of 13.7. Bought it back on a 60 degree night and got a 13.4 something. Oh I did forget it had a drop in K&N. I have seen several M5 Machs run 13's bone stock.

This is the Mach 1 Registry Quarter mile list. The cars with the * are bone stock.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ead.php?t=2860

Last edited by Newskool Mach; 02-24-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

^^ sounds exactly like my bone stock trip to the track. not trying to say anything but i probably should have gone back when it wasnt 100 degrees outside
Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I still got it! I keep it around for Bozo's like this one. Car was as MF'ing stock as it could possibly be that day, and me, like an idiot, filled the gas tank on the way to the track, which is only about 20 miles away. Add to that my six foot two inch frame and 245lbs in the drivers seat.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

^^^ wtf wer you racing?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Teching In

You also may want to check out this video. This 17 year old kid with a 2004 Mach 1 went to Atco Dragway and ripped off a bunch of low 13 second runs and a 12.9 run! His Mach 1 wasn't totally stock, but I don't think it had much more than a catback exhaust and a K&N CAI.

I'll grant you it was a cold day in February, but the kid laid the smack down on some cars (and a truck) that should have beat him.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...Atco_29846.htm

Last edited by TRMach1; 02-24-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ElkySS
^^^ wtf wer you racing?
It was some little import with a Maxwell House coffee can muffler hanging out the back.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Like I said, I had no doubt that 13.1's can be run, and props to you for being one hell of a good driver! I just said it wasnt the norm. Mid to high 13's I see ALL day long, but 13.5 to 13.1 is a jump I hadnt seen. You have to be up there for a totally stock car, ET wise and thats something to be proud of! But why Bozo? Really necessary to prove your point?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:23 PM
***Repost Police***

The point is that in most places, low-mid 13s IS the norm. I'm sorry if it's not in Orlando.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by TRMach1
I still got it! I keep it around for Bozo's like this one. Car was as MF'ing stock as it could possibly be that day, and me, like an idiot, filled the gas tank on the way to the track, which is only about 20 miles away. Add to that my six foot two inch frame and 245lbs in the drivers seat.

Great driving man
Old 02-25-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Now I am an idiot because I didn't believe something over the internet? Get over yourself and stop acting like a 13 year old. Jesus... thanks for staying mature.

And MY point is you ARE WRONG, and telling people that know these cars inside and out that they are wrong is just plain stupid. You are telling us that it isn't the norm and you only response was you go to the track every wed. and Satu.

As for believing all things on the i-net....DUDE< these cars are f'ing 5 years OLD.....You are simply ignorant on the topic.

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
The problem is you are not a Ford guy, and your knowledge of stock Mach 1's is limited. ................ I have seen several M5 Machs run 13's bone stock.

This is the Mach 1 Registry Quarter mile list. The cars with the * are bone stock.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ead.php?t=2860
Thank you Carl.

Originally Posted by TRMach1

ANd thank you for posting that.
Like I said, I had no doubt that 13.1's can be run, and props to you for being one hell of a good driver! I just said it wasnt the norm. Mid to high 13's I see ALL day long, but 13.5 to 13.1 is a jump I hadnt seen. You have to be up there for a totally stock car, ET wise and thats something to be proud of! But why Bozo? Really necessary to prove your point?
See Iruns post below, and re-read what I stated above. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!! mid to high 13s in an M5 IS totally normal.....BONE FACTORY STOCK.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The point is that in most places, low-mid 13s IS the norm. I'm sorry if it's not in Orlando.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jebus. When did this thread go from a 99/01 Cobra kill to a whinefest about what Mach1's can do? Wah.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

apparently they get a little butt hurt when you say uv never had a problem with them. even tho you are keeping on open mind about them
Old 02-25-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Jebus. When did this thread go from a 99/01 Cobra kill to a whinefest about what Mach1's can do? Wah.
SHOOSH slow poke. LOL

haven't seen you in a while either.
Originally Posted by ElkySS
apparently they get a little butt hurt when you say uv never had a problem with them. even tho you are keeping on open mind about them
open mind, My ***. People get upset when ignorance is tossed around, because people act like they know all, especially more than those that have owned, worked on, and/or been around the car twice as much.

Quick Reply: LT1 vs Cobra