Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lt1 vs s2000

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was sad when the cards lost. I am a Denver fan (lets not go there lol), so once my team wasn't even in, I had to go for AZ.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
You never implied that. I'm waiting on 98gs-r to perk up. He referred to my car as that one day. I'm not fond of s2ks, but I know they can be quick. I'm working on gettin this car a little faster up top. A little High Rev Kit is in the future but I'm off subject. Get that car runnin right cuz I wanna see some numbers.
lol. I will call it a mulletmobile if your bein a jackass in it. I like your TA though much cleaner than I would have thought and I like the red more so than the black(seth). Also the fact that you manned up to a 6 spd impresses me lol. I doubt you should be offended since my honda was a bitch car and any import you refer to it as rice, especially when my rice can run down your mulletmobile lol.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
lol. I will call it a mulletmobile if your bein a jackass in it. I like your TA though much cleaner than I would have thought and I like the red more so than the black(seth). Also the fact that you manned up to a 6 spd impresses me lol. I doubt you should be offended since my honda was a bitch car and any import you refer to it as rice, especially when my rice can run down your mulletmobile lol.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RED94Z28
no no no....its not 15 seconds or slower and i left the body kit off....
but I guess since its not made in America then its rice....probably like 98% of the stuff in your house. But thats cool man.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by RedFire04
Torque (or lack there of) was the biggest reason why I sold my '02 S2. You definitely caught that car in a bad spot but hey it's always run what you brung. I ended up doing Crower cams/Skunk S2 heads, and that moved power even further up in the band. Twas a pretty nice car though.
Yeah, it definitely keeps you on your toes when you're driving it... it's kinda the 600cc sportbike of the sports car world. If I ever actually BOUGHT one it would end up being a 2nd or 3rd car, but I do prefer it over my old Mustang right now.
Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Ok, lets not bring up the cowboys pleaseTHats a very painful subject for us at the moment!!!

By the way s2k are sexy as cars and perfect as a DD................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .......................as long as your 5ft3
I used to be a HUGE Cowboys fan, but they've lost me the past few years. But to address the last part of your post, I'm 6'1" 200lbs and the S2000 fits me like a glove. I think it has a lot to do with how you're proportioned. I wouldn't want to be any larger though.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah on the interstate, roll racing. . from a dig your car would have been murdered.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are you kidding? my buddy has the same car and its still quick as can be from a dig (assuming he doesn't roast the tires off)
Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
are you kidding? my buddy has the same car and its still quick as can be from a dig (assuming he doesn't roast the tires off)
Are YOU joking? His car has zero traction from a dig. Or in first gear at all for that matter. .
Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Some FWD cars can hook. Talking to my buddy today, and his crx has gotten 1.6 60's. Not bad in a 1800 lbs, FWD econobox.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Some FWD cars can hook. Talking to my buddy today, and his crx has gotten 1.6 60's. Not bad in a 1800 lbs, FWD econobox.
On street tires?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Hey, couldn't pass up a decent 6 speed when I got the chance. It'll look nicer once weather picks up and I can get a good cleaning in. Yeah, I know you beat me with that light turbo 200 you've got. An are people actually discussing who would win between us from a dig? ****. We'll get to see at the track. Long as you're able to run. And off topic...but who all is going? (anyone can come to ORP with us)
Old 02-26-2009, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
On street tires?
Street tires were never part of the original statements....LOL. **** no not on streets. But most FWD high HP guys I know are running DRs at a minimum, some even slicks on the street.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If I ever actually BOUGHT one it would end up being a 2nd or 3rd car
Wait, how did you get the one you have now. How did you steal an S2000...?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Street tires were never part of the original statements....LOL. **** no not on streets. But most FWD high HP guys I know are running DRs at a minimum, some even slicks on the street.
LOL. . yeah I was talking about with street tires. The guy I was talking about has no drag radials so. . not the best in 1st gear
Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Wait, how did you get the one you have now. How did you steal an S2000...?
Inheritance
Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Inheritance
Ok, that would make sense. It was just worded kind of oddly...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
Yeah on the interstate, roll racing. . from a dig your car would have been murdered.
From a dig it would have been closer. I seriously doubt you can sit there and say I would have gotten murdered. Mainly being the fact that at the 10mph he went down to on the one run, me still in 2nd gear mind you, he jumped me a car and a half, I then reeled him back in, and beat him by a cpl cars at about 120. My traction would have to be so bad, i lose like 3-4 cars off the start, to not catch him by 100-105mph. My traction does suck but if all else fails ill just drop it into 2nd at 10 and catch his ***. Let alone that run was with you still in my car. Also that night it was what about 25-30 outside?

I believe I have also stated several times I would probably lose from a dig if not it would be very close either way, but murdered, ha doubt that **** seriously.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Lucky for you my orders didn't come in til next day You wouldn't have gotten murdered unless you would've spun for days. You would've had me at about 105 I'd say. But like I said. Track.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Teching In

And as for the reason as to why I am not running around on these drag radials and whatnot. I had planned on running them when I went to the track, however it has broken a cv shaft on the drivers side and I am not certain if it has something to do with lsd or if the stock axles won't hold. I don't have the money for a tow truck so I am gona run on stock tires and see what happens. I planned on bein mid 13 with good tires now I am thinkin more of a higher 13 but who knows. Once again, I highly doubt getting murdered by that car regardless of how bad I spun from a dig. My guess is he would have had a little spinning also. The car has the motor mounts, the coilovers, the lsd tranny to try and limit traction problems but in the end its still fwd. I need a 240, damnit.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
Lucky for you my orders didn't come in til next day You wouldn't have gotten murdered unless you would've spun for days. You would've had me at about 105 I'd say. But like I said. Track.
Thats all i am worried about too. Im not gona sit here and tell you that your gona get killed or none of that ****. It will be close and I will have fun win or lose I dont really care. Like I said you picked up a good car, seth was bitchin cuz u paid a bit more but the thing is clean.