Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a Lambo Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kain01
Yeah I understand that, but there is only the Superlegera and the lp560 now, so you tell me which one is the base. Thanks for trying to educate the educated though. yeah I've never quite understood the VW/Audi/Porsche/Lambo heirarchy and who owns who.

I also posted C&D's stats for both if you got farther into the thread.
well its hard to really put it in that catagory still tho, because its not. still the lp560 is to the the supperlaggera like the porsche 911 turbo NOT THE GT2 but it would be to the 911gt3RS same model whole dif set up..the turbo is faster and quicker but its like this take the two to the track the supperlaggera would oust the lp560 as would the gt3rs the turbo.. they are just dif animals ones a track tool and one is more of a brute super car none of which are really a base..you can get more options on the lp560 and color options even with more power that sounds like a base imo lol
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1whip
well its hard to really put it in that catagory still tho, because its not. still the lp560 is to the the supperlaggera like the porsche 911 turbo NOT THE GT2 but it would be to the 911gt3RS same model whole dif set up..the turbo is faster and quicker but its like this take the two to the track the supperlaggera would oust the lp560 as would the gt3rs the turbo.. they are just dif animals ones a track tool and one is more of a brute super car none of which are really a base..you can get more options on the lp560 and color options even with more power that sounds like a base imo lol
True, my reasoning for the superlegera being base is the hp rating. If the stock vette had more power than the Z06, to me the Z06 would be the base model. It's not an exact science.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by jetlag
lol..idiotic statement..you must be a ricer in the closet.

Only V12 Lamborghini's had "scissor doors" starting with the Countach. They are not "lambo doors." I'm willing to bet a few other car brands have them also
Originally Posted by fccs
Weird.. I rem. the diablos having them also. Lamborghini is noted for there doors, thats like one of their symbols.
Diablo= V12 Lamborghini
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I lied. A C5 Z06 wold probably beat me. This thing is SLOW..lol
Old 03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Porsche now has controlling interest in VW.

but its like this take the two to the track the supperlaggera would oust the lp560
Hardly considering it has less power, iirc slower shifting tranny, AND the LP560 has a heavily revised suspension with nearly the same weight as the Supperleggera.

The Supperleggera is one effectively one generation behind the LP560.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Porsche now has controlling interest in VW.
Yes but VW is still using Audi chassis and engines, and Audi has controlling interest in Lambo, so does Porsche fall under Audi as well?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Nice kill..... I can't wait to get a TT kit on my Trans am. Then make people in many very expensive cars cry... there is a vid somewhere on you tube of a T/A killing a Ferrari it's an awesome watch.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kain01
Yes but VW is still using Audi chassis and engines, and Audi has controlling interest in Lambo, so does Porsche fall under Audi as well?
audi is owned by VW and porsche owns now roughly 35% of vw which was enough to know have effective control of the company and i have read that this year that may increase to 50%. but porsche and vw have always been brothers its audi who vw bought up late formally "Auto union" wayyy back. Dr ferdinand porsche after all started vw when he was orderd to build motors and tanks and light military rigs for hitler in WWII and a certian "peoples car" or the KdF which we know now as the beetle. he then went off to build his sports cars i belive his first porsche was the Gumund coupe kinda looks like a vw bug and a 356 did it then that shape stayed a while turing into many other rigs like the 356 550's etc.. and other little light weight sports and race cars.
this whole time vw and porsche stayed very close sharing ideas and technology and slowly over the years porsche started buying into vw untill you have what it is now lol.. take like the porsche 914 its basically a vw sports car with vw parts and porsche engineering. sorry this is long im a porsche guy at heart! my dads ownd a bunch over the years and lotsa VW's i had no choice!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

audi is owned by VW and porsche owns now roughly 35% of vw which was enough to know have effective control of the company and i have read that this year that may increase to 50%. but porsche and vw have always been brothers its audi who vw bought up late formally "Auto union" wayyy back. Dr ferdinand porsche after all started vw when he was orderd to build motors and tanks and light military rigs for hitler in WWII and a certian "peoples car" or the KdF which we know now as the beetle. he then went off to build his sports cars i belive his first porsche was the Gumund coupe kinda looks like a vw bug and a 356 did it then that shape stayed a while turing into many other rigs like the 356 550's etc.. and other little light weight sports and race cars.
this whole time vw and porsche stayed very close sharing ideas and technology and slowly over the years porsche started buying into vw untill you have what it is now lol.. take like the porsche 914 its basically a vw sports car with vw parts and porsche engineering. sorry this is long im a porsche guy at heart! my dads ownd a bunch over the years and lotsa VW's i had no choice!
You probably educated a few people on here anyway, and I'm a car history buff. So I knew the history part of VW and Porsche, it was the Audi and Lambo part that was confusing me, but if VW has 35% control over Audi, it's effectively there's. And I think I read somewhere that Audi had 35% share of Lambo, so I guess in the grand scheme of things the Italian bull now speaks German no matter how you look at it.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

lol sorry i didnt meen to make it sound like i was educating you i ment it more generaly to every one, but yeah honestly tho i think lambo is wayyy better off being in the hands of the germans.. did you here about fiat buying chrysler? lol they said that chrysler can have access to any of there stuff just not one small company of theirs..lol ferrari! thats a smart move lol we dont need chrysler tainting that brand lol i think the ferraris guys would burn their factorys down b4 they let american hands touch them .. lol like the fued back in the 60's when ford tried to buy ferrari thats a good story too.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol sorry i didnt meen to make it sound like i was educating you i ment it more generaly to every one, but yeah honestly tho i think lambo is wayyy better off being in the hands of the germans.. did you here about fiat buying chrysler? lol they said that chrysler can have access to any of there stuff just not one small company of theirs..lol ferrari! thats a smart move lol we dont need chrysler tainting that brand lol i think the ferraris guys would burn their factorys down b4 they let american hands touch them .. lol like the fued back in the 60's when ford tried to buy ferrari thats a good story too.
Yeah Chrysler's been whored around for awhile, but at least this will be a way for Fiat to come back to America, and maybe even Alfa Romeo. Man I love the 8C Competizione. Ferrari California in Romeo guise.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fadi
Ok, I lied. A C5 Z06 wold probably beat me. This thing is SLOW..lol
If you find a track half way between MS and MI I will meet you and I can strap the stock Z06 to it.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fadi
A stock or near stock C5 Z06 will not run away from my Gallardo.

If there are any stock or near stock C5 Z06s in MI, we can run and verify my statement..
Also I would rather me race you than some kid whose last fast car was a civic hatch lol. I fancy myself a rather good driver. I mean for the track that I ran the 12.11 on with over 50% humidity at the lowest(MS sucks for drag racing times) If I was at Marylands track I am completely positive I could get a good 11 second pass. Actually you know what I may try to get a 11 in MS before I put the nitrous kit on it.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

An interesting article in the latest 3/23 Autoweek, page 44/45.

www.worldclassdriving.com is offering 200mph runs to customers in FL. In the article, an LP560 was in the fast group, the Superleggera in the "slower" group with an F430 as well.

The SLR McLaren blew an alternator, apparently a common problem per the article.

Interesting stuff.