Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock C6 Z06 vs 550 rwhp Supra

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white94ej1
Lets be real.. tuning a FI car is something you'd know absolutely nothing about whitephoenix99.. unlike N/A tuning its not just about putting out more power.. it affect when the powerband is in its premium of power... sure there will be more power out of it, but its meant to tune the car to be in the powerband for as long as possible and at the right time. With a turbo, you're looking at the mixture of the engines powerband and the way the powerband acts under boost. Also take into consideration the weight difference between the Supra and the C6Z... a little over 400 pounds between an C6Z and a mk4 Supra TT 6 spd.

As for the vid its a good kill.. I respect the Z06 for what it is.. Id still rather wait a few years and buy a GTR and you can plainly hear/see the Supra's need of a better tune and a better driver. There are vids all over youtube of cars that shouldn't be logically faster than other cars but it happens. If you enough determination and money you can make anything fast, and faster than something else.
How many FI cars have you tuned? Yep zero. I stand by what I said, which was to argue the point that it could have done better with a better tune. But it wasn't running like "****" and it put down 550hp. I'm aware the supra has a shitty powerband but thanks for clearing that up.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
How many FI cars have you tuned? Yep zero. I stand by what I said, which was to argue the point that it could have done better with a better tune. But it wasn't running like "****" and it put down 550hp. I'm aware the supra has a shitty powerband but thanks for clearing that up.

You're right I haven't tuned any myself.. but lets be honest how many people do you know with boosted cars.. I mean personally know.. yup ZERO. Me.. I know a few more than none. And they've explained to me the process of tuning a boosted car, granted most of the guys I know with turbos are Hondas and DSMs but still a FI application, so don't start your **** there, you fail.

I never said the supra has a shitty powerband, nor did I even mention the supra's powerband. Theres a guy down here in the Houston area.. I can't remember the screenname he goes by, Techboy or something along those lines, drives a Lexus IS300, boosted, lotsa HP and it walks LSx all day long, no issues. Which also shares the 2JZ engine the supra has. Not a shitty powerband at all.. I'm pretty sure you and I have been through the discussion as to why Japanese companies use turbochargers to produce power on smaller displacement engines. But why bother.. its like trying to soak things into a sponge made of concrete.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

You're right I haven't tuned any myself.. but lets be honest how many people do you know with boosted cars.. I mean personally know.. yup ZERO. Me.. I know a few more than none. And they've explained to me the process of tuning a boosted car, granted most of the guys I know with turbos are Hondas and DSMs but still a FI application, so don't start your **** there, you fail.

I never said the supra has a shitty powerband, nor did I even mention the supra's powerband. Theres a guy down here in the Houston area.. I can't remember the screenname he goes by, Techboy or something along those lines, drives a Lexus IS300, boosted, lotsa HP and it walks LSx all day long, no issues. Which also shares the 2JZ engine the supra has. Not a shitty powerband at all.. I'm pretty sure you and I have been through the discussion as to why Japanese companies use turbochargers to produce power on smaller displacement engines. But why bother.. its like trying to soak things into a sponge made of concrete.
Hahaha. . your pretty funny. You "know" somebody who walks lsx cars all day long no problem lmao. . wtf does that have to do with anything? All that means is he's put more into his car than whoever he raced. And who said anything about Japanese emissions or why they use turbo's on their cars? You just throw random points up that have nothing to do with anything. Please stop trolling with your ricer .
Old 03-13-2009, 12:31 AM

Hahaha. . your pretty funny. You "know" somebody who walks lsx cars all day long no problem lmao. . wtf does that have to do with anything? All that means is he's put more into his car than whoever he raced. And who said anything about Japanese emissions or why they use turbo's on their cars? You just throw random points up that have nothing to do with anything. Please stop trolling with your ricer .
Yeah I know somebody, I never claimed my car was fast, not do I have an interest in having a fast car, you know that. You're right I got kinda sidetracked, your ignorance can be a bit mind-numbing at times... Well if you'd been paying attention to the rest of the thread, it broke down to how shitty turbos are. I'm not a ricer, I just drive a Honda that I love.

On a side note.. since you're too much of a ***** to give Jimmy the race from a dig that you've been asking for so that you have the advantage, you can back down gracefully and quit bench racing. The extra noise your car will make with Headers/Exhaust isn't going to prevent you from getting raped after his car snags traction.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah I know somebody, I never claimed my car was fast, not do I have an interest in having a fast car, you know that. You're right I got kinda sidetracked, your ignorance can be a bit mind-numbing at times... Well if you'd been paying attention to the rest of the thread, it broke down to how shitty turbos are. I'm not a ricer, I just drive a Honda that I love.

On a side note.. since you're too much of a ***** to give Jimmy the race from a dig that you've been asking for so that you have the advantage, you can back down gracefully and quit bench racing. The extra noise your car will make with Headers/Exhaust isn't going to prevent you from getting raped after his car snags traction.
Wow your ignorant, headers/exhuast is good for an easy 20-30hp on my car. But you wouldn't know anything about that. I realize your civic would only gain 2hp with the same mods lol. We are racing April 7th from a dig at the track. How am I backing down from anything? If you would like to put money on who runs a better time let me know.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Teching In

There's ONE large factor that's going to determine that powerband and how usable it is...
and that's the size of the turbo that one chooses to use.

Not every 2JZ owner throws on an 80MM turbo that doesn't hit boost until 6000RPM's.
You spend the money on a well rounded turbo, and you're going to get a powerband that's both streetable, yet hits harder up top than necessary at the drags.

Gearing keeps you in those "peak" numbers though.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
There's ONE large factor that's going to determine that powerband and how usable it is...

Not every 2JZ owner throws on an 80MM turbo that doesn't hit boost until 6000RPM's.
You spend the money on a well rounded turbo, and you're going to get a powerband that's both streetable, yet hits harder up top than necessary at the drags.

I agree
Old 03-13-2009, 12:50 AM

Wow your ignorant, headers/exhuast is good for an easy 20-30hp on my car. But you wouldn't know anything about that. I realize your civic would only gain 2hp with the same mods lol. We are racing April 7th from a dig at the track. How am I backing down from anything? If you would like to put money on who runs a better time let me know.
You also think the HP numbers on the boxes of the cheap knockoff ebay **** you buy is legit to.. I remember when you were buyin all that junk for your fireturd.. so happy with how much difference it was gonna make, and it was still slow, loud, and obnoxious. Sure your T/A is faster than it was.. You always talk about ricer excuses, but you seem to be adding little mods and claiming these amazing horsepower gains.

I suppose the exhaust on my mom's LT1 should add 10hp huh? My car does have I/H/E.. sure it mightve added 5hp total, and ya know what, I really don't care.

I never said you were backing down, I said you should back down, since you haven't raced him since he got the car.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx

Exactly. Thats why tuning is an extremely important factor in a FI car, to work best with the turbo.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

You also think the HP numbers on the boxes of the cheap knockoff ebay **** you buy is legit to.. I remember when you were buyin all that junk for your fireturd.. so happy with how much difference it was gonna make, and it was still slow, loud, and obnoxious. Sure your T/A is faster than it was.. You always talk about ricer excuses, but you seem to be adding little mods and claiming these amazing horsepower gains.

I suppose the exhaust on my mom's LT1 should add 10hp huh? My car does have I/H/E.. sure it mightve added 5hp total, and ya know what, I really don't care.

I never said you were backing down, I said you should back down, since you haven't raced him since he got the car.
The only thing I've bought off ebay was a Yank 3000 stall torque converter and a walbro 255 fuel pump. You have no idea what a torque converter even does soo you would probably think it's a knockoff lmao. Long tube headers=15-20hp over stock manifolds. True dual exhaust= 10-15 over stock exhaust. What's so hard for you to understand? I mean I realize I don't have vtak or anything but. .
Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 AM

The only thing I've bought off ebay was a Yank 3000 stall torque converter and a walbro 255 fuel pump. You have no idea what a torque converter even does soo you would probably think it's a knockoff lmao. Long tube headers=15-20hp over stock manifolds. True dual exhaust= 10-15 over stock exhaust. What's so hard for you to understand? I mean I realize I don't have vtak or anything but. .
Well thats not what your fireturd says.. not quite sure what "vtak" is..

On note to the headers/exhaust etc.. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Well thats not what your fireturd says.. not quite sure what "vtak" is..

On note to the headers/exhaust etc.. I'll believe it when I see it.
Believe what when you see it? Do a search on here. . guys have dyno sheets galore with before and after results. Actually don't. . I'm sure you would rather stay ignorant about it.

O and vtak stands for Variable Transistor Accumulator Kinetisizer. Just ask johnnie ricer. . lol

Last edited by WhitePhoenix99; 03-13-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:17 AM

Believe what when you see it? Do a search on here. . guys have dyno sheets galore with before and after results. Actually don't. . I'm sure you would rather stay ignorant about it.

O and vtak stands for Variable Transistor Accumulator Kinetisizer. Just ask johnnie ricer. . lol
No no, I mean on your car.. not what other guys have done.. see your as 'bad about it as I am' apparently.

Now if you're referring to VTEC, Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control Then yeah I might know what you're referring to.. and no, you wouldn't have VTEC, as its a Honda ideal, that GM used in the Northstar engines also known as VVT.. and DCVCP in the EcoTech engines..
Old 03-13-2009, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

No no, I mean on your car.. not what other guys have done.. see your as 'bad about it as I am' apparently.

Now if you're referring to VTEC, Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control Then yeah I might know what you're referring to.. and no, you wouldn't have VTEC, as its a Honda ideal, that GM used in the Northstar engines also known as VVT.. and DCVCP in the EcoTech engines..
No no, I meant vtak. vtec is useless. but vtak on the other hand. . **** I don't think they will let you on the track.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:25 AM

No no, I meant vtak. vtec is useless. but vtak on the other hand. . **** I don't think they will let you on the track.
Ah you're right.. VTEC is just hype.. What was I thinkin..
Old 03-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Teching In

Cell Phone plan- $60

Unlimited texting- $20

Arguing on an International forum with your friends for all to read- PRICELESS
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
Cell Phone plan- $60

Unlimited texting- $20

Arguing on an International forum with your friends for all to read- PRICELESS
He could just take it up with me on MSN but he won't message me lol
He had Jimmy ask me a question on messenger
Old 03-13-2009, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

Thats a serious hijack you guys have goin there lol. . . . . . Anyways good kill OP, i always enjoy seeing Supra's getting beat.

Disclaimer. . . . . . . . . I love all cars and i appreciate anything fast or anything that people put time and money into. I just happen to prefer muscle cars and drag racing.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsixed
Thats a serious hijack you guys have goin there lol. . . . . . Anyways good kill OP, i always enjoy seeing Supra's getting beat.

Disclaimer. . . . . . . . . I love all cars and i appreciate anything fast or anything that people put time and money into. I just happen to prefer muscle cars and drag racing.
Prolly the only statement in the last 4 pages that isn't completely full of ****.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by WSsixed

Yeah.. sorry bout that. At least I mentioned the kill

Does anyone around the southern indiana area have a boosted LT1 or LS1? Id love to go for a ride in one. Have seen some wicked ones online.

Quick Reply: Stock C6 Z06 vs 550 rwhp Supra