Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt-on ls1 vs pullied cobra

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL @ stopsign. When's your motor gonna be finished...or is it all just a figment of your imagination, you tease?...

Sarge, I didn't know you were a mod. Cool ****!

OP, good death!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
LOL @ stopsign. When's your motor gonna be finished...or is it all just a figment of your imagination, you tease?...
Well the feed line going into my passenger side fuel rail is leaking at the 90* bend. I did have Russel fittings but two of the same ones leaked so I went with Aeroquip and I thought it wasn't leaking but then I went to start the car and noticed the bottom of the fitting was wet with fuel so now I'm scared that will turn into a drip. So the next plan is to eliminate the 90* fitting all together. I got this on the way.. http://www.professional-products.com...hose/54181.jpg The leaks on the fuel system are the only thing keeping the car from running.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Damn man I thought you had that solved? Guess not
Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 AM

It's always the smallest bullshit that holds up a good project. The biggest, most complicated projects can go perfectly smoothly until you need to connect two simple pieces of exhaust piping, or keep a fitting from leaking. The joys of the hot rodder, lol.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Damn man I thought you had that solved? Guess not
Well at first the fuel rails were leaking where the 3/8npt to 6 and 8an fittings were going into the fuel rails. To solve that I put black high temp silicone around where they go into the rails. This worked perfectly. But now I have these leaking on me And there is really nothing that I know of you can do to them to make them stop leaking. So I got that new part coming. But it wont be here til possibly Wed.