Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Put a prick ass Challenger driver in his place yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. All the street races I get and I NEVER seem to run into anyone who's a *****. I wish just once I would run into some douche who thinks his car is god's gift to man so I can take him down a few pegs.

Watch, now I will run into him...and he'll have a new Viper or something that will wreck me.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice kill. All the street races I get and I NEVER seem to run into anyone who's a *****. I wish just once I would run into some douche who thinks his car is god's gift to man so I can take him down a few pegs.

Watch, now I will run into him...and he'll have a new Viper or something that will wreck me.
I agree with that pewter... except when I run into the standard srt8 or mustang gt older guy, you know the ones who have never had a fast car and they are telling all their buddies at the car show how fast their car really is. Those are the one's I follow out of the car show and procede to quickly crush their ego's...they never look over after that!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

yea i havent really gotten the chance to drop anyone a few pegs yet either, then again how many cocky people could i put in their place with an old tired LT1
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None son. ***** Weak . Idk why I am a dick today lol. Anyway, stay posted yall...once my POS is fixed, I'll be going after some Mopar of my own. But this one I want...is much faster then a srt8 challenger.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah I know the Challenger R/T isn't much of a good race for an stock LS1 let alone a camm'd one, but I had to share just for the fact that the driver was such a dick. I would of smiled and gave him a nice thumbs up, but he yawned and I laughed in his face with the sound of my car (very loud) pulling away.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Good kill and yea, R/T vs any LS1 would be a joke. An SRT8 vs a stock-ish LS1 is close with the advantage going to the SRT8 above 110mph.
Can't agree with you. Raced an SRT8 with my LS1 and past 110 it only got worse for him.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Teching In

the only run in Ive had with the new challenger was in my friends 89 cummins not stock by the way but needless to say the challenger went home crying with his car choking on smoke lmao
Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Can't agree with you. Raced an SRT8 with my LS1 and past 110 it only got worse for him.
Any bolt-ons or mods on your LS1?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Any bolt-ons or mods on your LS1?
+1

My full bolt-on LS1 was almost dead even with my wife's stock srt-8 charger up to 120mph with only a very slight advantage going to my LS1. (My T/A had a huge advantage at the track with drag radials but the trap speed was still very close to the hemi). Bone stock would have been ugly for a ls1 on the high end especially a A4 but most stock LS1 m6 cars don't trap 108+ either.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:47 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I raced my 02 SS aginst my 300SRT8 with my wife driving the 300.

300 SRT8 mods - CAI/Tune/ported TB/160 stat

02 SS M6 mods - lid/CB/MAF

The 300 would just inch away above 110-120 and we would stop with her "around" 1 full car ahead. We did it twice with the same outcome.

Now stock, I'm not sure (from experience) but with the common trap speeds, I would lean towards the SRT8 by a fender.

Could we have a stronger SRT8? Sure.

Stock vs stock, the traps (rolls) do favor the SRT8.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the srt8s are pretty quick.

the other day i was driving on the freeway with the top down and a 300c srt8 tried a flyby after i cruised by at 90. being the cocky ls1 driver, i waited until he got closer to hit the gas... well next thing i know his mirror is hanging at my door at 120. my bottle pressure was too high at 1100psi for some reason, so my nitrous solenoid wouldn't open. so when i activated it for a second, i went pig rich and he started to inch, but i gained it back slowly and he was at my blind spot at about 130 or so. then we hit traffic.

all i really brought was just a catback, ls6 intake and stall. i need to do some high speed runs to see just how much slower i am with the top down.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I raced my 02 SS aginst my 300SRT8 with my wife driving the 300.

300 SRT8 mods - CAI/Tune/ported TB/160 stat

02 SS M6 mods - lid/CB/MAF

The 300 would just inch away above 110-120 and we would stop with her "around" 1 full car ahead. We did it twice with the same outcome.

Now stock, I'm not sure (from experience) but with the common trap speeds, I would lean towards the SRT8 by a fender.

Could we have a stronger SRT8? Sure.

Stock vs stock, the traps (rolls) do favor the SRT8.
based on times i've seen I would have to agree with you there.

Of course most of them believe it's no contest (well all but the guys who pay attention to other cars out there.)... I ran into a local guy here with a Charger SRT8.. guy was cool as hell but kept leaning towards him having the upper hand until we started tossing around track times.. his best was a couple tenths slower and a few mph behind my best... he was kind of shocked actually.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chace02ws6
IT is true that most of those guys think that those cars are the fastest cars out there, obviously they have forgotten about a good ol ls1..
The true enthusiasts in the SRT-8s see an LS1 as a potential rival or winner.

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
If it was an srt 8, I could see him acting like he was hot ****..even though its still not "that" quick. But a ******* RT? Did he seriously think it was a beast?
I don't know why guys with the Challys are acting like this. Very foolish.

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
From a roll, I believe the SRT8 would pull on top end. Now at the track, I think with both cars having good drivers, it would be a good race
True unless starting from a dead spot (70mph in 3rd).

Mods? They will run neck-n-neck with a stock C5 6M which means a stock LS1 will fall behind with an earlier (vs. the C5) shift to 5th (or 6th?) in the triple digits.

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
based on times i've seen I would have to agree with you there.

Of course most of them believe it's no contest (well all but the guys who pay attention to other cars out there.)... I ran into a local guy here with a Charger SRT8.. guy was cool as hell but kept leaning towards him having the upper hand until we started tossing around track times.. his best was a couple tenths slower and a few mph behind my best... he was kind of shocked actually.
I believe that too - they are very quirky at the dragstrip. The 2-3 diagnostic shift kills 'em and so does running at normal operating temps. That's why on the street from a roll is their best bet.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
The true enthusiasts in the SRT-8s see an LS1 as a potential rival or winner.
Well said....

I believe that too - they are very quirky at the dragstrip. The 2-3 diagnostic shift kills 'em and so does running at normal operating temps. That's why on the street from a roll is their best bet.
You mentioned that and I keep forgetting about it...any tips I can pass on to the guy to prevent that diagnostic shift?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Well said....

You mentioned that and I keep forgetting about it...any tips I can pass on to the guy to prevent that diagnostic shift?
A good dyno tune, mine doesn't have that issue anymore (stock it was a bitch).
Old 03-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Well said....

Originally Posted by SubTexel
A good dyno tune, mine doesn't have that issue anymore (stock it was a bitch).
Thanks. Getting over 20mph from start-up to the staging lights solves the problem. Need the car to shift from 2-3 before a WOT run.

Also, pulling fuse #11 (for the '06-'07s) or whichever fuse resets the ECU also helps, and IMO, helps even if tuned.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Of course he is a dick he probably just spent 45000 large, and he cant stay with a $15000 cammed LS1. If I had that kind of money I'd take a Vette any day of the week.

Check out this site...alot of man love going on there.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/
Old 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Thanks. Getting over 20mph from start-up to the staging lights solves the problem. Need the car to shift from 2-3 before a WOT run.

Also, pulling fuse #11 (for the '06-'07s) or whichever fuse resets the ECU also helps, and IMO, helps even if tuned.
Thanks to both of you (SubTexal and you)..I will pass this info along.. I would like to see the guy pulling better times considering the air we get to run in during the spring/fall here. He should be pulling bottom 13s on our track instead of hanging in the mid 13s.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Of course he is a dick he probably just spent 45000 large, and he cant stay with a $15000 cammed LS1. If I had that kind of money I'd take a Vette any day of the week.
Ricer math right there.

But I would take the Vette too. Unless I needed rear seats, preferred a sunroof and wanted unique styling....
Old 03-25-2009, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

I raced a black on down here just south of Raleigh once. 1st gear was kinda close (spinning)..2nd grear I pulled hard..the top of third gear I could not tell when he actually let off..by the time I got to 120mph I was WAY ahead of him. Really cool guy though.