Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New Edge GT got the business

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
and you still havent ripped into him!? **** man, jester you are lucky! haha IIRC i got ripped the first damn time i said some stupid ****!

you know as much as i hate to agree, i used to like the new edge GT's alot when i was in middle school and early highschool [freshman sophmore] but then for about the last 3 years i couldnt stand them, now they are kinda growing on me again

im becoming more and more a fan of the Mach 1's something about 32 valves and 4 cams just intices me
I know man...WTF Is wrong with me.....maturing a tad more I guess. ROFLMAO.

We'll see what happens though........
Old 03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

^haha! you cant grow up not here in never never land peter. . . i mean mike!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Launching!

this is what i dont understand is i get banned for a week for defending some noob who posted in the wrong forum but this mustang fanboy douche has been ripping on me non-stop. isnt there something in the forum rules about no direct insults. he has quoted me then said derogatory comments. i dont really care though its pretty much what i would expect out of a stang fanboy.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Launching!

another thing i dont understand, must be the rice in me i geuss, is how come everyone calls it ricer math? if injen or AEM says that a certain cold air intake adds a certain amount of hp, then why cant i add that number to my total hp? and also everything i have ever read says that the mods add to the synergy of other mods, an exhaust adds to a cold air intake so if a CAI made 10hp by itself and an exhaust made 10 by itself, then together they would actually make more than the 20hp they were stated at separate. then why is it considered ricer math. anyway i think someone is just jealous, i run into that alot and im used to it by now.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

AAAHAHAHHA..ok kid.
Originally Posted by the jester 812
this is what i dont understand is i get banned for a week for defending some noob who posted in the wrong forum but this mustang fanboy douche has been ripping on me non-stop. isnt there something in the forum rules about no direct insults. he has quoted me then said derogatory comments. i dont really care though its pretty much what i would expect out of a stang fanboy.
Please tell where I ripped into you non stop. Have you not been reading all the threads? I ripped into your ignorance in teh other thread. Then after you made a bowtie biased comment of stangs being slow I replied with a '4v' comment. Last I checked 4V's are stangs too. Stop being such an *** clown and realize you are posting stupid ignorant crap. If you'd just STFU and pay attention you might learn something. INstead you post crap and then throw your hands up liek you've done nothing wrong. Any one can read what's been posted and see that you have also made 'derogatory' comments. Stop playing the dang idiot victim you cry baby. Fanboy? If you ACTUALLY step away from you bowtie toilet with the ricer lid on it, you'd actually see that I post unbiased BS. Ben (along with others) can vouche on that.

another thing i dont understand, must be the rice in me i geuss, is how come everyone calls it ricer math? if injen or AEM says that a certain cold air intake adds a certain amount of hp, then why cant i add that number to my total hp? and also everything i have ever read says that the mods add to the synergy of other mods, an exhaust adds to a cold air intake so if a CAI made 10hp by itself and an exhaust made 10 by itself, then together they would actually make more than the 20hp they were stated at separate. then why is it considered ricer math. anyway i think someone is just jealous, i run into that alot and im used to it by now.
You see...this is what I'm referring to. you need to stop running your mouth and try paying attention...however, I'll answer your question.

it's ricer because it's based on nothing definitive and taking marketing ploys as the final answer. It's a huge expression of just how much one doesnt' know about modifying cars.

1) the best gains are advertised.
2) those gains are with a tune.
3) no, you will not get 'more' power with a combo over 'advertised'.
4) EVERY car is different. Yes, even the same model, year, etc. can still put down different HP on the same dyno the same day. It's called variance in manufa. building.
5) Real world experience will show you that those gains are generally inflated.

Case in point, you thought you were putting down XX power going off of advertised numbers. By you're own admittance, once you looked into it, you found it to be false with the G35s.

So again, sit back, chill, and keep an open mind and you will learn some stuff.

BTW - you really need a tune reading that 'shouldn't have lost' thread. Try to set one up even if a few weeks out. If you find something in the meantime, you can always cancel it.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
***Repost Police***

It's called ricer math because you are guessing, and it's usually a highly-inaccurate guess. Ever notice how there are no 400rwhp bolt-on LS1s?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's called ricer math because you are guessing, and it's usually a highly-inaccurate guess. Ever notice how there are no 400rwhp bolt-on LS1s?
Fine...give him a short answer.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
AAAHAHAHHA..ok kid.Please tell where I ripped into you non stop. Have you not been reading all the threads? I ripped into your ignorance in teh other thread. Then after you made a bowtie biased comment of stangs being slow I replied with a '4v' comment. Last I checked 4V's are stangs too. Stop being such an *** clown and realize you are posting stupid ignorant crap. If you'd just STFU and pay attention you might learn something. INstead you post crap and then throw your hands up liek you've done nothing wrong. Any one can read what's been posted and see that you have also made 'derogatory' comments. Stop playing the dang idiot victim you cry baby. Fanboy? If you ACTUALLY step away from you bowtie toilet with the ricer lid on it, you'd actually see that I post unbiased BS. Ben (along with others) can vouche on that.

You see...this is what I'm referring to. you need to stop running your mouth and try paying attention...however, I'll answer your question.

it's ricer because it's based on nothing definitive and taking marketing ploys as the final answer. It's a huge expression of just how much one doesnt' know about modifying cars.

1) the best gains are advertised.
2) those gains are with a tune.
3) no, you will not get 'more' power with a combo over 'advertised'.
4) EVERY car is different. Yes, even the same model, year, etc. can still put down different HP on the same dyno the same day. It's called variance in manufa. building.
5) Real world experience will show you that those gains are generally inflated.

Case in point, you thought you were putting down XX power going off of advertised numbers. By you're own admittance, once you looked into it, you found it to be false with the G35s.

So again, sit back, chill, and keep an open mind and you will learn some stuff.

BTW - you really need a tune reading that 'shouldn't have lost' thread. Try to set one up even if a few weeks out. If you find something in the meantime, you can always cancel it.
we need a smilie just slapping the **** out of another smilie after ranting to him! haha.

and out of all the stang guys i'd say mike is just about the most unbiased of them all if not he is in the top 3. Several times have i seen him tell ford fan boys that they are straight out full of ****, and same goes for the Bowtie boys. Just realize we all have 1 thing in common. we love modding and racing cars. just because someone else understands how modding works and typically goes better than you doesnt mean you have to immediately insult the car they drive [or used to drive, Mike ] i'll be the first to admitt when i was new and naive to the site and really cars in general i'd spout off some stuff just like you, and then get pissed off and just start cutting down the fact that these guys like fords. that doesnt mean they dont understand cars just as well if not even better than you and i.

once you can get over that, you will enjoy posting here alot more. getting worked up never helps. these guys are here just trying to educate. if you say something thats horribly wrong or off coarse believe me they'll be the first to tell you. and honestly i think thats better than them letting you go around spouting off stuff that is not 100% correct. never had a gym teacher laugh at you and be a dick and then turn around and show you how to do something correctly? same kinda deal. . .

almost off work!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Launching!

see i could take being corrected in that way, but in almost every other post you had to throw along a bunch of insults with your info. you threw some in this one too but there was some good info mixed in there too thank you
Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Launching!

and the kid comment.. come on man, if you only knew... i may be a kid as far as working on ls1's but at 29 i pride myself on accomplishing more than some people twice my age, i run a real estate rental business, own 5 houses of my own, along with more than a handful of other properties, and along with my wife, am raising 2 young boys.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

we need a smilie just slapping the **** out of another smilie after ranting to him! haha.

and out of all the stang guys i'd say mike is just about the most unbiased of them all if not he is in the top 3. Several times have i seen him tell ford fan boys that they are straight out full of ****, and same goes for the Bowtie boys. Just realize we all have 1 thing in common. we love modding and racing cars. just because someone else understands how modding works and typically goes better than you doesnt mean you have to immediately insult the car they drive [or used to drive, Mike ] i'll be the first to admitt when i was new and naive to the site and really cars in general i'd spout off some stuff just like you, and then get pissed off and just start cutting down the fact that these guys like fords. that doesnt mean they dont understand cars just as well if not even better than you and i.

once you can get over that, you will enjoy posting here alot more. getting worked up never helps. these guys are here just trying to educate. if you say something thats horribly wrong or off coarse believe me they'll be the first to tell you. and honestly i think thats better than them letting you go around spouting off stuff that is not 100% correct. never had a gym teacher laugh at you and be a dick and then turn around and show you how to do something correctly? same kinda deal. . .

almost off work!!!!!
Thanks Ben. If anyone knows about getting ripped into and then 'seeing the light' I think that'd be you.

Hell, even STopSIgn and I went at it when I first saw him post...now we swap txt msgs almost every week and consider both of you (and some others on here) my friends. Even if you do own an LT1, buy sell cars every week (chris) or run a sneaky little LS6 setup (Mani) and get poked fun at for being asian and owning a Gm. Even that one guy at band camp that owned a New edge gt after wanting an LS and went total Rainbow sticker with an S2k It's called the SRK crew.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

and the kid comment.. come on man, if you only knew... i may be a kid as far as working on ls1's but at 29 i pride myself on accomplishing more than some people twice my age, i run a real estate rental business, own 5 houses of my own, along with more than a handful of other properties, and along with my wife, am raising 2 young boys.
then you realize there is times in life when you have to put pride aside to learn a few things

Last edited by PNYKLR-TA; 03-24-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

The kid reference (albeit uncalled for) was simply in reference to maturity in recent posts.

Congrats on your success and kids. See....once you see past some BS, all is well. Usually. I currently don't have a V8 car because I'm busy being a single dad of (4) kids, paying on a home, and paying my Ex support.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

then you realize there is times in life when you have to put pride aside to learn a few couple things
a few couple?

I'd say you need a few couple more years of school ben. AHAHAHA
Old 03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks Ben. If anyone knows about getting ripped into and then 'seeing the light' I think that'd be you.

Hell, even STopSIgn and I went at it when I first saw him post...now we swap txt msgs almost every week and consider both of you (and some others on here) my friends. Even if you do own an LT1, buy sell cars every week (chris) or run a sneaky little LS6 setup (Mani) and get poked fun at for being asian and owning a Gm. Even that one guy at band camp that owned a New edge gt after wanting an LS and went total Rainbow sticker with an S2k It's called the SRK crew.
haha thanks A-hole but i couldnt agree more

and also, i think people take it way too seriously on here, we all rip on each other at one time or another and thats what makes it fun is that although we sometimes gang up on one guy, the next day everyone might be ganging up on someone else. this site and section more importantly provides good laughs, and a bit of technical info on the side when people get stupid.

now lets all have a beer and chillax!

**** jester if you think the harpin you are getting is bad i suggest you stick to LS1's and never get an LT1 i catch so much **** from that, but i've gotten used to it and love it now actually haha

plus man tonight is 35 cent wings at Native New Yorker mother ******! honey hot is the bomb!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Launching!

**** jester if you think the harpin you are getting is bad i suggest you stick to LS1's and never get an LT1 i catch so much **** from that, but i've gotten used to it and love it now actually haha
actually i hope to be upgrading to at least an ls6 soon , if one or more of the houses i have sells, i have contracts on 3 of them, then i am getting rid of the camaro and getting a vette, prices are crazy low on them right now, as jay pointed out in another thread
Old 03-24-2009, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

a few couple?

I'd say you need a few couple more years of school ben. AHAHAHA
nice editing my post Jack ***. . . you know i didnt post that, just go back up and look!

actually i hope to be upgrading to at least an ls6 soon , if one or more of the houses i have sells, i have contracts on 3 of them, then i am getting rid of the camaro and getting a vette, prices are crazy low on them right now, as jay pointed out in another thread
hell yea man! if i didnt already put a ton of work into my car i would totally think about getting a vette as i would love to have an LS1 honestly. but for the time being i think i'll stick to modding the LT1 as it should be paid off here soon enough and then all my money can goto modding and not car payments
Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Launching!

hell yea man! if i didnt already put a ton of work into my car i would totally think about getting a vette as i would love to have an LS1 honestly. but for the time being i think i'll stick to modding the LT1 as it should be paid off here soon enough and then all my money can goto modding and not car payments
yeah, im probably a dumbass, i have spent a lot on my car too before realizing its not what i really want. i thought i needed a back seat for the boys, then i go and strap a nitrous bottle between the seats, so theres no chance of them riding there now.
and pony i have the utmost respect for any guy raising 4 kids, i am the result of a single dad raising 4 kids. me being the oldest, then one brother and 2 sisters. so huge props to you man. the world needs more stand up guys like you, even if you do rip into noobs like me, and slap me with a **** ton of insults
Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, im probably a dumbass, i have spent a lot on my car too before realizing its not what i really want. i thought i needed a back seat for the boys, then i go and strap a nitrous bottle between the seats, so theres no chance of them riding there now.
and pony i have the utmost respect for any guy raising 4 kids, i am the result of a single dad raising 4 kids. me being the oldest, then one brother and 2 sisters. so huge props to you man. the world needs more stand up guys like you, even if you do rip into noobs like me, and slap me with a **** ton of insults
LOL @ the last part. Thanks man. The other part of that is my oldest is 13 and I'm 30. I had her 2.5 months into my senior year. I have 70% custody (primary physical) custody of all four. Mine alternate...Girl, boy, girl, boy. No worries man..
Old 03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, almost scared to post in my own thread now. Thanks for the arguments guys, makes my day.