Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New Edge GT got the business

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Wow, almost scared to post in my own thread now. Thanks for the arguments guys, makes my day.
Don't be scared. Pony's bark is worse than his bite.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Don't be scared. Pony's bark is worse than his bite.
Mine too?

Nice kill OP and holy **** this thread blew up. 99_Z28, how about this. If you don't come up with an 11 sec time slip, you're banned for two weeks. Deal?
Jester, the Mustang guys have always been on this site, and several are mods and a couple were admins. Hell, the co-founder (Nineball) had an '05 GT at one time as well if memory serves right. Many of "us" have earned a lot of respect around here by many LSx guys. I'm not here for the respect or any of that ****. I like this site, I like the people, and I'm here to help keep this community going strong.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Mine too?

Nice kill OP and holy **** this thread blew up. 99_Z28, how about this. If you don't come up with an 11 sec time slip, you're banned for two weeks. Deal?
Jester, the Mustang guys have always been on this site, and several are mods and a couple were admins. Hell, the co-founder (Nineball) had an '05 GT at one time as well if memory serves right. Many of "us" have earned a lot of respect around here by many LSx guys. I'm not here for the respect or any of that ****. I like this site, I like the people, and I'm here to help keep this community going strong.
Your bite recently got a lot stronger. I was considering getting a Mustang but then I remembered they are chick cars. Seriously though if I find the right GT500 I might still get one.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Your bite recently got a lot stronger. I was considering getting a Mustang but then I remembered they are chick cars. Seriously though if I find the right GT500 I might still get one.

Mach > Mustang. A GT500 would suit you well Donnie. Fat bastard with a lot of muscle
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mach > Mustang. A GT500 would suit you well Donnie. Fat bastard with a lot of muscle

I am getting fatter in my old age. Hell I must be getting senile too since I'm talking about getting a Mustang.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

I am getting fatter in my old age. Hell I must be getting senile too since I'm talking about getting a Mustang.

How's the retarded life workin out for ya? That's what my dad always called it anyway
Old 03-24-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How's the retarded life workin out for ya? That's what my dad always called it anyway
Its good man. I got a great new job that actually pays me extra to work overtime. I've been busy as hell though trying to sell a house and buy a new one. I can't complain a bit though.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
haha thanks A-hole but i couldnt agree more

and also, i think people take it way too seriously on here, we all rip on each other at one time or another and thats what makes it fun is that although we sometimes gang up on one guy, the next day everyone might be ganging up on someone else. this site and section more importantly provides good laughs, and a bit of technical info on the side when people get stupid.

now lets all have a beer and chillax!

**** jester if you think the harpin you are getting is bad i suggest you stick to LS1's and never get an LT1 i catch so much **** from that, but i've gotten used to it and love it now actually haha

plus man tonight is 35 cent wings at Native New Yorker mother ******! honey hot is the bomb!

And hell when you own one of those pump motor slowass LT1's you deserve all the **** you get. By the way you replace that optispark this week? LOL.

And by the way Mike is one of the three least biased Mustang owners (Oh wait he don't have no stinkin Mustang) He is one of the most knowledgeable. By the way I'm not on the unbiased list.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 AM
Banned

Mine too?

Woh woh! 2 weeks is kinda harsh...how about 1 week vacation. And if I do cough up a 11 second slip, what do I get? How about I get to be mod for a week?

Last edited by 99_Z28; 03-25-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
Woh woh! 2 weeks is kinda harsh...how about 1 week vacation. And if I do cough up a 11 second slip, what do I get? How about I get to be mod for a week?
You get to stick around
fine. 1 week
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine too?

Now THIS is the kind of motivation that gets things done and keeps this site interesting.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Now THIS is the kind of motivation that gets things done and keeps this site interesting.

LOL yup...

Picked up a HD cam today, but I need to get a optional Sd card because the onboard memory is only good for about 30 seconds.... I have a sweet mount that will attach to the heater vent with a swivel so I can get some race footage.

Sneek peak of the 3" 1 chamber flo (HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04pN4o_wmg
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
And hell when you own one of those pump motor slowass LT1's you deserve all the **** you get. By the way you replace that optispark this week? LOL.

And by the way Mike is one of the three least biased Mustang owners (Oh wait he don't have no stinkin Mustang) He is one of the most knowledgeable. By the way I'm not on the unbiased list.
no havent replaced it since i first bought the car a year ago jack! and mike's soon to be a mustang fan boy again, don't worry newskool, your lover will return to you

You get to stick around
fine. 1 week

X2 this def keeps the site interesting. and i wanna see some HD footage of the 11 second passes when they happen 99_Z28!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

You aall are funnae. I read and thought about replies to all of you....but I'll just to this
Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You aall are funnae. I read and thought about replies to all of you....but I'll just to this
i do that quiet a bit actually think of posting something back as im readin back thru a thread from last night and just think man im gunna have to quote damn near half the thread and its gunna take too long so a good smile always does the trick.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

As much **** as he talks, this is the only way to get him to back some of it up.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

As much **** as he talks, this is the only way to get him to back some of it up.
I will laugh my *** off if he comes in here with 12.0 timeslip and gets banned. I think the length of the ban should be dependent on just how close he comes to that 11.9 timeslip, regardless of what he's previously run:

11.9 or quicker - no ban
12.0 to 12.3 - one week
12.4 to 12.6 - two weeks
12.7 to 12.9 - one month
13.0 or slower - permanent

Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

LOL yup...

Picked up a HD cam today, but I need to get a optional Sd card because the onboard memory is only good for about 30 seconds.... I have a sweet mount that will attach to the heater vent with a swivel so I can get some race footage.

Sneek peak of the 3" 1 chamber flo (HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04pN4o_wmg
So when are you getting to the track for this supposed 11-second pass?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Banned

So when are you getting to the track for this supposed 11-second pass?

Next Friday if the weather cooperates... I dont care if I have to pick out a 90lb spectator from the crowd, the car will be coming home with a 11 second slip.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Next Friday if the weather cooperates... I dont care if I have to pick out a 90lb spectator from the crowd, the car will be coming home with a 11 second slip.
Although we won't be able to prove it was you, I'm pretty sure that voids the claim and trash talking rights if YOU can't drive it to an 11-second pass. How much power are you putting down and what are the cam specs? Suspension setup? I'm assuming it's a fairly mild cam if you're only running a 3500 stall.