Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My wife's Trail blazer is running .....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you assemble the motor or install it? im no expert but to my knowledge there is no pressured oil passage between the block and heads other than the hole throught the pushrods. from what ive read it strikes me as a very very strange place to have an oil leak.

if you can find some Luminol it will help. Its a phloresent ( i know i spelled it wrong, ****** sue me) liquid that mixes with **** like oil and tranny fluid. pour it in the crankcase, get a black light under the truck and start it up. itall show you exactly where its leakin AS its leakin.

btw, i dunno how you got her under there but props. my gf just stands back and does a horrible job of supervising
Old 04-15-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

Yes............it's a VERY strange spot. It just so happens to be in the area the piston was slapping the head. I looked at that head so damn close it isn't funny. It appeared to be fine. I'll figure it out. I have no choice.LOL I'll try and find some of that stuff and CSI my crap. I assymbled the engine. This is the first time I have had one do me like this. I mean, it ran for a LOOOOONG time before this leak reared its ugly head.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Well .................. What a day. I get the TB to Eds for the tune. He puts in a base line tune and can go no further because of the leak. It turns out I have a cracked head. Maybe two one on the truck and one on my shoulders for putting myself through this ****. We have to have a mild form of retardation to keep doing this to ourselves. Bad enough we have to put up with women let alone compound our problems with the mechanical equivlent.
So I haul my *** home and just hit the Bartlesville city limits when I have a blow out on the trailer. Even better is my spare is not with me. DOH!!! I have loaned the trailer out and the spare is 60 miles from me. It turns out the reason for the blow out is the fender well was rubbing the tire. Now why would the fender rub you ask? Because my dumb *** loaned the trailer out to another friend who sank the ****** in mud and some how crushedd the drivers side front and the welds gave out. I was pssed when I saw it. Now............all I can do is laugh.
Looks like I will be pulling the upper end off tonight. Anyone have a extra 243 head laying around that they want to help ol'CuNfUzEd out with? LOL Good times good times. All this on one hour sleep and I have yet to eat today.

Last edited by CuNfUzEd; 04-15-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Well .................. What a day. I get the TB to Eds for the tune. He puts in a base line tune and can go no further because of the leak. It turns out I have a cracked head. Maybe two one on the truck and one on my shoulders for putting myself through this ****. We have to have a mild form of retardation to keep doing this to ourselves. Bad enough we have to put up with women let alone compound our problems the the mechanical equivlent.
So I haul my *** home and just hit the Bartlesville city limits when I have a blow out on the trailer. Even better is my spare is not with me. DOH!!! I have loaned the trailer out and the spare is 60 miles from me. It turns out the reason for the blow out is the fender well was rubbing the tire. Now why would the fender rub you ask? Because my dumb *** loaned the trailer out to another friend who sank the ****** in mud and some how crushedd the drivers side front and the welds gave out. I was pssed when I saw it. Now............all I can do is laugh.
Looks like I will be pulling the upper end off tonight. Anyone have a extra 243 head laying around that they want to help ol'CuNfUzEd out with? LOL Good times good times. All this on one hour sleep and I have yet to eat today.
I had some 243's on my property from when I was building the 6.0 in my SS....I'll see if I can find them for ya Scott
Old 04-15-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I had some 243's on my property from when I was building the 6.0 in my SS....I'll see if I can find them for ya Scott
Man.........I couldn't tell you how much I would appreciate that.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

I hope you still have'em! I can't tell you how bad I need a break. This is a never ending nightmare. I pulled into my shop today and asked the service writters how much to do the work for me. Thier responce was " Idon't know if we have a mechanic with enough *** to do that job". I took the hint. Plus, at this point, I can't let someone finish it. This is a personal issue between me and the HELL BLAZER. ******* truck.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

No problem man I'm not sure if I sold them with the engine or not and I was gonna go out that way anyway later tonight to go tie down some stuff for an incoming storm
Old 04-15-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks.

Hopefully you get it going without any more bumps in the road.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Keep your head up fuzed...it'll all work, it always does.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys. All I casn do at this point is shake my head and laugh. I did get to put my foot in it a few times though. It's fast. Never got traction.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I got some 241's in the garage if you need them they are yours.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks man.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

When you do finally win, run out into the street and scream, jump up and down, etc. Why you ask? 1 it feels good. 2 everybody will know you won. 3 the neighbors will think you worked on a truck till you lost your mind and this should entertain you for a couple weeks at least.
really though good luck scott, wish i could do more to help than just typing.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Scott I left you a message and I am going to make a couple of calls.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

2 pm's sent brother. One should be able to help, the other couldn't. Doing my best to give you an assist. Good luck !!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

in for the story
Old 04-17-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

ALRIGHTY THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this ******* thing is fighting me like Mike Tyson on crack! I head into to work yesterday. I do my normal routine, stop at QT grab a monster and a chariso breakfast burrito (Bomdigity I must say). I run into a buddy named Lee. I tell Lee about the Hell Blazer and it being in the church parking lot.
He volunteers to help me out and get it hom sense I wont be back in town until 10:30ish from work. I am happy as hell because it seems like something is finally going to go right. So lets fast forward to 10:30ish. I am driving by and see two trucks and a bunch of people standing around my TB.
I pull in thinking WTF now. Lee's first words to me are "Scott....I'm going to kick you in the nuts". I neednt ask why....I automaticly understand.LOL So here is what happened. The wheel is not a standard wheel for my trailer. It being a former double decker boat trailer converted for Fbody's specificly, the spare I had didn't fit. Also the 4 way I had there, didn't fit either. Go ******* figure, right? So He calls up his neighbors in the next town over and drives 20 minutes to get a 4 way and another wheel and tire.
The 4 way worked but, the wheel again would not fit. So we jacl the trailer up and move the rear wheel to the front to see if by some mirical that would work. It didn't.
So we end up pulling the TB off the GD trailer and I say **** it and we pull the empty trailer to my house like it is. I haven't gone out to look at it yet but, I am certain it aint purdy.
tHE tb STILL SITS AT THE CHURCH. Today I will use my wrecker service I have through my insurance. Sense my trailer isn't insured, it would not fall under the umbrella of coverage. So today the GD truck should be here. Jeezzzzzzzzz!!! 20 minute issue ends up taking 3 hours. All thiongs are normal I guess. I'd have a stroke if something went right.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

You've got some shitty luck, sorry about the head Scott. I really thought I still had them
Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Man this thing really is giving you hell. Hope you catch some breaks here soon and get her going. Let me know when you do because I want to see this bad bitch.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1WICKDZ
Man this thing really is giving you hell. Hope you catch some breaks here soon and get her going. Let me know when you do because I want to see this bad bitch.

Will do man.