Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My wife's Trail blazer is running .....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I missed this second part....I doubt he would have come around you at 170 because 5th and 6th especially suck monkey *****
ORLY?!??!?!? That suprises me.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mchdg86
Jesus you are one crazy ****** Scott. Lets just hope this one doesn't break all the time like the TA lol.
Hope? What's that? LOL The TA's issue is to much power for the suporting cast. When the tranny goes I am going to pull it apart in my garage and put good **** in it. Hopefully it will last a while after that. The 4L80 swap requires a stand alone computer for the shifting.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Hope? What's that? LOL The TA's issue is to much power for the suporting cast. When the tranny goes I am going to pull it apart in my garage and put good **** in it. Hopefully it will last a while after that. The 4L80 swap requires a stand alone computer for the shifting.
TH350 bro

Yeah. The Z06 has two overdrives just like your T56 and they both suck ***. until 160 where I shift to 5th though man its a blast
Old 04-13-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

Well ****. I finally got the Hell Blazer moving on its own accord. The idle is A LOT better now with the O sensors in. At idle there is nary a sign of leaking. I pull the jack stands out from underneath and put it in reverse. The truck slowly moves in the desired direction and after some manuevering it makes it out of the garage.
I leave it idleing and no leaks. So I tell the wife to get the keys to the TA and follow me to exhaust shop. The computer is in limp mode and wont allow for any acceleratiion what so ever. I am okay with that. It takes about 5 minutes to get to the shop. I pull into the parking lot and turn the truck off. As I sit there getting everything out that I need, I notice smoke pooring up from the engine bay. DOH!!! I get out and look and can't see what is causing it. I start the TB again and look underneath. Oil is freely coming out now. I believe I have left some provisions for the PVC system unhooked. It is coming from the passenger side. Either way it will have the pipes on tomorrow and I will figure this latest issue out. I almost don't know what to do with myself now that there isn't this big black chunk of metal on stands in my garage.LOL I hope it is simple. It usually is.I have found some stuff that looks as though it should have gone back on.LOL I also hardly had any breaks.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn are you qualified to work on an automobile lol? Good to hear that its moving on its own power though. Look forward the crazy *** kill stories that are sure to come.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Damn are you qualified to work on an automobile lol? Good to hear that its moving on its own power though. Look forward the crazy *** kill stories that are sure to come.
LOL Actually I sometimes wonder. This is the longest project I ahve had to do. With the 15th coming up, I am not to concerned about the leak. My plan was to tow it to the shop. But, I got in and figured why not. It's just a few miles. And yes.............the kill stories should be exxxccccccclllllent.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have done some stupid **** before like get a head bolted down only to look over and see the lifters still in a bowl of oil lol. But atleast they were studs and I havent torqued them down yet. Hell I am pretty close to getting a car maybe I could get a run in aginst the hell blazer since I have never seen this myth of a TA you have lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

I have done some stupid **** before like get a head bolted down only to look over and see the lifters still in a bowl of oil lol. But atleast they were studs and I havent torqued them down yet. Hell I am pretty close to getting a car maybe I could get a run in aginst the hell blazer since I have never seen this myth of a TA you have lol.
The myth is out and hunting heads. The HB would love a run too.

Racing the HellBlazer is like going to McDonalds and geting eaten by the cow.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you got it moving under its own power now!

The wife a little happier now?

I have done some stupid **** before like get a head bolted down only to look over and see the lifters still in a bowl of oil lol.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

****................... I think I may have a cracked head. Oil is coming from somewhere above the bottom of the exhaust manifold and no sign of leaking from the top......at all. If you look through the wheel well, you can see splaters falling. Hell if I can tell where its coming from. And I lock tighted the shiznet out of those god damned E manifold bolts! DOH!!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

****................... I think I may have a cracked head. Oil is coming from somewhere above the bottom of the exhaust manifold and no sign of leaking from the top......at all. If you look through the wheel well, you can see splaters falling. Hell if I can tell where its coming from. And I lock tighted the shiznet out of those god damned E manifold bolts! DOH!!
LOL sorry Scott that sucks man.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably just puking out of a PCV hose you forgot to connect. At least thats what I would be hoping for.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
LOL sorry Scott that sucks man.
The bad thing is it's the F'n wife's truck. I gotta hear how it should have gone to a shop.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

The bad thing is it's the F'n wife's truck. I gotta hear how it should have gone to a shop.
Not having a wife FTMFW!!!
err....no alimony FTMFW!!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Probably just puking out of a PCV hose you forgot to connect. At least thats what I would be hoping for.

That was my initial thought too. I know I left the evap tube off and the hose that goes from the top of the intake to the back of the drivers valve cover. I figure it was spewing from there. Much to my dismay it was not to be..... I did just 10 minutes of video of my wife crawling around under the truck for. That alone almost makes it worth it. And she was in her "good clothes "persay. LOL Now she know how easy it is to get dirty by accident.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That was my initial thought too. I know I left the evap tube off and the hose that goes from the top of the intake to the back of the drivers valve cover. I figure it was spewing from there. Much to my dismay it was not to be..... I did just 10 minutes of video of my wife crawling around under the truck for. That alone almost makes it worth it. And she was in her "good clothes "persay. LOL Now she know how easy it is to get dirty by accident.
That sucks about the truck. I hope its nothing serious. Thats awesome about the wife though.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Well I reconected the plug wires and crawled under the truck whilst it was running. I can clearly see splatter coming from between 4 & 6. I can't think of NYTHING ELSE BUT A f'N CRACKED HEAD.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

tHE VIDEO OF TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

damn!!! iT DIDN'T GET IT ALL OVER TO pHOTOBUCKET!! dAMN IT.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

tHE VIDEO OF TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you might be in a little trouble. Remember, new shoes fix any domestic dispute.