Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT 8 Cherokee, Very Surprising!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
Yup, exactly what he will be getting this summer, really looking forward to having the competition Ill be facing as he builds this car up. Of course Ill be building mine up as well

Yea Ive raced one of those too, smoked the **** out of him lol.

i would have put that vid up but i dont have it. This was the only vid i found on my computer. Ill have to setup another one, 0-130 or something. But I wouldnt go as far as saying a roll race isnt a legit race.
i know it seems im "*******" you about it a lot.. im not.. at least your racing and not just talking about it... i would LOVE to see a dig to 90 or 115... since that would be 1/8 or 1/4..

i have strong belief that rolls are for the birds... its not a race.. its just who makes more hp.. weight really doesnt even effect it that much..

things that matter in a race... how you make your power, where you make your power, how much of that power gets to the ground, how quick you get in your power band, how well it stays in the power band, how much you actually can hook up, etc etc etc.. i could go all day...
going from a roll doesnt show how well built a car is.. it just shows that someone spent a lot of money on go fast mods and nothing else.. which is not impressive.. you can be beat by a car that has MUCH less horsepower than you from a dig if it was built smarter/better..

racing is from a dig to a given speed.. roll racing is for ***** and giggles.......... and birds..
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

stock vs stock they can beat you or at least keep up...i ran against one at the track and it ran 13.1

and there is a guy on the mustang forum i'm on and he ran 12.8 in his stock...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
stock vs stock they can beat you or at least keep up...i ran against one at the track and it ran 13.1

stock for stock they beat fbodys...

on average they run between 12.9-13.00... which is faster than 98% of stock fbodys...

on the street, they beat us even worse.... we are traction impaired.. they are not..
Old 04-15-2009, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

i agree
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These things are quick. Saw one run about 7 months ago at a track, never seen em before, me and my friends were doggin it. Then it got down to the tune of a high 12, like 12.8 i think, runnin only exhaust.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
These things are quick. Saw one run about 7 months ago at a track, never seen em before, me and my friends were doggin it. Then it got down to the tune of a high 12, like 12.8 i think, runnin only exhaust.
hell yea man... they will surprise the **** outta you if you arent being careful... enough to embarrass some high hp cars on the street from light to light...

most run high 12s stock to exhauts or intake only..
Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Teching In

ya the srts def love the dig. i just sold mine last week. but i went to the track and ran a 13.3 bonestock, which is enough to bust most ppls stock cars on the street! just sucks gettin beat by a jeep i bet loL!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Not suprised honestly...trap speeds tell the story IMHO. I would expect to slowly pull away from one in stock form (not by that amount mind you) so with your mods I don't see the issue.

Nice Kill.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

I thought I found a legit high 12 stock as well..then I found out later the guy was hiding some minor mods... so far there are 3 I can think of that have credible high 12 slips the rest have been bottom 13s... doesn't take anything away from them unless you honestly believe every one of them runs 12s.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 04-16-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Updated... reviewed a thread I had on GCSRT8 forums
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Not suprised honestly...trap speeds tell the story IMHO. I would expect to slowly pull away from one in stock form (not by that amount mind you) so with your mods I don't see the issue.

Nice Kill.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...minator-3.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...01-post64.html

wtf is up with you people doing this roll racing and trap speed ****... since when does this matter when drag racing... supras and terminators do that ghey hit... REAL cars go from a dig, and know that is what matters... roll racing is for ***** and giggles... why the **** would you count that as a "win"..

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I thought I found a legit high 12 stock as well..then I found out later the guy was hiding some minor mods... so far there is only 1 I can think of that has a credible high 12 slip the rest have been bottom 13s... doesn't take anything away from them unless you honestly believe every one of them runs 12s.
there are plenty that are truly stock running 12s.... yes im sure there are a few running 13s.. but i have seen many more running 12s...
whether it be with a CAI or not, thats gonna beat 98% of fbodys... o, unless your roll racing... my god...
Old 04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

here is a story from the forum i was talkin bout...u don't necessarily have to believe it but thought i'd post it anyway...i don't think he'd make up the story and even tell the mileage he had on it if he was lyin...

"I had 08 srt-8 jeep. I think you will get beat and heres why

My jeep with 91 miles on the clock, full tank of gas,a couple hundred pounds of junk in the back(I just traded my sss for it that day) on a 53 degree day ran 13.01.

We went back next week and ran with a 1/4 tank,no junk and 400 miles on it and ran 12.87 on a 57degree day.

The next week it had a 100 shot on it and a b woody intake and ran 11.78
Went to a 150 shot and ran 11.41 a few weeks later with a better tune."
Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

here is a story from the forum i was talkin bout...u don't necessarily have to believe it but thought i'd post it anyway...i don't think he'd make up the story and even tell the mileage he had on it if he was lyin...

My jeep with 91 miles on the clock, full tank of gas,a couple hundred pounds of junk in the back(I just traded my sss for it that day) on a 53 degree day ran 13.01.

We went back next week and ran with a 1/4 tank,no junk and 400 miles on it and ran 12.87 on a 57degree day.

that is ******* impressive.. looks like they like the juice..
Old 04-16-2009, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

damn makes me want to add a little juice to my ride!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The jeeps are fast! They are def made for digs but turn into a big *** brick with wind resistence up top! If you youtube the jeeps roll racing then you will see that they run strong early but then run out of steam up top!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
The jeeps are fast! They are def made for digs but turn into a big *** brick with wind resistence up top! If you youtube the jeeps roll racing then you will see that they run strong early but then run out of steam up top!
not surprising they fall off up top, they are huge blocks!

although i gotta admitt i really like the squared out look of them
Old 04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

they look mean as hell.. IMO MUCH MUCH better than the TBSS...
Old 04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12
they look mean as hell.. IMO MUCH MUCH better than the TBSS...
+2 onn that! I debated over the Jeep and the V before before I made up my mind on the ride that I wanted! Prolly only thing that made me sway towards the V was the 13mpg the Jeep gets
Old 04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
not surprising they fall off up top, they are huge blocks!

although i gotta admitt i really like the squared out look of them
They look so sexxy! I love the way they sit on all fours

dont they run low to mid 4 sec range to 60??? I think so!!!!!

They also have a fassssst *** Jeep on youtube that sprays at the track!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
They look so sexxy! I love the way they sit on all fours

dont they run low to mid 4 sec range to 60??? I think so!!!!!

They also have a fassssst *** Jeep on youtube that sprays at the track!!!
my car sits on four tires also, you think it looks sexxxy?

yes that is right, its like a 4.3-4.5 IIRC...

there was one at our local track, he was tearing **** up man.. demolishing people out of the hole..
Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...minator-3.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...01-post64.html

wtf is up with you people doing this roll racing and trap speed ****... since when does this matter when drag racing... supras and terminators do that ghey hit... REAL cars go from a dig, and know that is what matters... roll racing is for ***** and giggles... why the **** would you count that as a "win"..

there are plenty that are truly stock running 12s.... yes im sure there are a few running 13s.. but i have seen many more running 12s...
whether it be with a CAI or not, thats gonna beat 98% of fbodys... o, unless your roll racing... my god...
Obviously for some reason you have a hard on for me... the race in this thread took place from a roll so what I said was spot on.

I also frequent the GCSRT8 boards and I have RARELY seen someone claim 12s bone stock and most are planted in the low 13s. Since I didn't disagree with your assesment of them taking 98% of the F-Bodies on the road I really don't understand your issues? Maybe a nice walk to sort things out and calm down would do some good here?