Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT 8 Cherokee, Very Surprising!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow i really thought they were faster than that.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tratior
Wow i really thought they were faster than that.
they are fast, on a dig. But I still beat him by a lot from a dig.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Obviously for some reason you have a hard on for me... the race in this thread took place from a roll so what I said was spot on.

I also frequent the GCSRT8 boards and I have RARELY seen someone claim 12s bone stock and most are planted in the low 13s. Since I didn't disagree with your assesment of them taking 98% of the F-Bodies on the road I really don't understand your issues? Maybe a nice walk to sort things out and calm down would do some good here?
i have seen more than a handful say 12.8-9s stock...

i would go for a ride instead... but no i dont need to calm down at all.. just saying what im thinking...

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
they are fast, on a dig. But I still beat him by a lot from a dig.
not til 90...

Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

i think someone recently crushed lemons in a roll race. Not everyone sets up their car to earn the title of "Kenny Bernstein of the streets" .. to some, it's just a hobby. I couldnt care less if im labeled as a real racer or not. Besides, im not sure what else you call two people lining up at 45 and mashing the gas until they hit 130 other than a race. Sure, it may not be a legit drag race, but it is a race. Die hard drag racers have their own section.. the track section.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
i think someone recently crushed lemons in a roll race. Not everyone sets up their car to earn the title of "Kenny Bernstein of the streets" .. to some, it's just a hobby. I couldnt care less if im labeled as a real racer or not. Besides, im not sure what else you call two people lining up at 45 and mashing the gas until they hit 130 other than a race. Sure, it may not be a legit drag race, but it is a race. Die hard drag racers have their own section.. the track section.
no, no one crushed me.. i have thought that for quite some time.... roll racing is ****..
if your going to do a roll, go 10-15mph... not 30,50,60...
i call it exactly that... two people lining up at 45 and punching it till they hit 130... nothing more..

im not a die hard drag racer... i just believe roll racing is retarded, period.

side note, you honestly think there are many people that would crush my car.... real race or in a roll race?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
side note, you honestly think there are many people that would crush my car.... real race or in a roll race?
No...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

No...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No...
+346

Rolls are for fat chicks.

Good kill Op. Car rolls out pretty nice. How hard does your car launch? If you Pull that hard on him, with a good launch you Should be chopping him down before 90.

By the way if you lookup mofobucs on youtube. In a few videos that have the second fastest jeep in the country down their running around until recently when the guy sold it. that thing is no joke.

P.S.
I don't roll... Ya Dig?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

i have seen more than a handful say 12.8-9s stock...

i would go for a ride instead... but no i dont need to calm down at all.. just saying what im thinking...

I started a thread specific on cherokeeSRT8 and ended up with one guy who was fibbing and 3 others who claimed it with no slips or anything else...

I am sure it happens, they are monsters out of the hole but I don't believe for a second that a majority of them run 12s.. I think their potential is being boasted a bit too much... that's all I am saying.

I've sat in one and love the interior...I would probably own one if the gas mileage was so horrible.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those things really scoot
i wanted to get one, but i think i can get a tbss and a low mileage ls1 fbody for the price of one jeep srt8

they look mean as hell.. IMO MUCH MUCH better than the TBSS...
they also sound awesome with aftermarket exhaust.

i dunno, we still might go for the jeep srt8 over the tbss
Old 04-17-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They really are a hot car. Thing is id have to be rich for one.

I'd either want it faster or id want more practicality.

They are extremely cool tho. Im glad other people buy them
Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Teching In

I have seen em for sale for 23-27k easy. Guess it depends on ur definition of rich. Theres a couple here in bloomington some frat **** drive.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
I have seen em for sale for 23-27k easy. Guess it depends on ur definition of rich. Theres a couple here in bloomington some frat **** drive.
i searched autotrader.. srt-8 cherokees within any distance for under 24K. the only one in the country listed was for 23,995 with 66,000 miles.. no pictures but im betting it wasnt even close to loaded. saying they go for 23K easy is bullshit.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Teching In

i searched autotrader.. srt-8 cherokees within any distance for under 24K. the only one in the country listed was for 23,995 with 66,000 miles.. no pictures but im betting it wasnt even close to loaded. saying they go for 23K easy is bullshit.
O LOL

Well luckily I left room for error when I said 23-27k, and I found quite a few under 27k just on autotrader lol. Were you looking to buy one? Talk them down to 23k, economy is in the ******* anyway.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:53 AM
9 Second Club

stock for stock they beat fbodys...

on average they run between 12.9-13.00... which is faster than 98% of stock fbodys...

on the street, they beat us even worse.... we are traction impaired.. they are not..
And...your point please?
Old 04-18-2009, 02:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

I started a thread specific on cherokeeSRT8 and ended up with one guy who was fibbing and 3 others who claimed it with no slips or anything else...

I am sure it happens, they are monsters out of the hole but I don't believe for a second that a majority of them run 12s.. I think their potential is being boasted a bit too much... that's all I am saying.

I've sat in one and love the interior...I would probably own one if the gas mileage was so horrible.
hmmm, maybe i was misinformed! def. sounds like you are more knowledgeable than i am on the subject.. thanks for the correction!

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
those things really scoot
i wanted to get one, but i think i can get a tbss and a low mileage ls1 fbody for the price of one jeep srt8

they also sound awesome with aftermarket exhaust.

i dunno, we still might go for the jeep srt8 over the tbss
that is the truth... cant you pick up a TBSS for like 15-18?
havnt heard one with exhaust yet in person...

you can find decently mileage and condition one for 30k... from what i have gathered, but as he said... economy is in *******, and with their gas mileage, im sure they would drop thousands off..

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
And...your point please?
that they are faster than stock fbodys...

but i wouldnt think you would understand a simple point like that with 1 post and joining this month....

was that sarcasm? you trying to be an *******? E-tough guy?.... your post had no point except to ask what my point was of my post, even though it was VERY obvious...
Old 04-18-2009, 03:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

hmmm, maybe i was misinformed! def. sounds like you are more knowledgeable than i am on the subject.. thanks for the correction!
I could be completely off..I only visit a couple forums that are SRT8 specific... casual observation only turns up 1 or 2..some digging and I got half a dozen of them.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

I could be completely off..I only visit a couple forums that are SRT8 specific... casual observation only turns up 1 or 2..some digging and I got half a dozen of them.
yea, i just read whats on here... theres a few people on here that own them... but not as many as a forum specifically for them of course..
Old 04-18-2009, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
O LOL

Well luckily I left room for error when I said 23-27k, and I found quite a few under 27k just on autotrader lol. Were you looking to buy one? Talk them down to 23k, economy is in the ******* anyway.
I wasn't looking to buy one, but i checked autotrader after you mentioned it just to see if you were right (i was in disbelief). i compared prices before i bought my SS.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

You've never been to Texas