Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G8 GT vs 2003 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Yeah, I raced my buddy's 2000 Z28 M6. At the time his car had a lid, catback, and tune, and it made 315 rwhp. Up top he pulled on he HARD, but from a dig it was a good race until the speeds got up there.
I just have a lid, p&p tb, and a chokemaster. I have full exhaust sitting my den though, , but that sounds about like the one that I raced.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

G8s are the **** thats why I brought one lol. Its a *** whoopen grocery getta.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:27 PM

Definitely! I can't wait to get a CAI and tune for it. I'm hoping to do that sometime ths year and get some new track numbers with it. Just want to get my Z28 to run faster first, lol.

I'm also hoping to run a stock 2005+ GT. I figure that I'd beat an auto, but a 5-seed might get me. Either way it'll be fun!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny story just happened last night that relates to this thread: I was cruising back from where all the cars hangout last night with my singer and what cruises up next to me? A red 03 Mustang GT. It was the same guy from this thread with a buddy in the passenger seat. I recognized him but he didn't recognize me, so I planned on pulling into a parking lot and shooting the ****, but instead he dropped a few gears and paced me like that for a while. I wasn't going to do anything because I knew what his car was and what was done to it, but after a half mile or so I finally said to my singer something along the lines of, "Well, I guess he really wants to race."

So I dropped to third at about 50-55 and waved for him to go. As soon as he hit it, I followed suit, putting a few cars on him to the top of third. I got him to follow me into a parking lot and we chatted briefly after I let him know I was the one in the back of the G8 with the camera phone. We complimented each other's cars and he basically said, "Well your car just took a **** all over mine", which had me and my singer laughing because it was just funny to hear him put it in those words.

Cool guy and I'm sure we'll see him around a lot. I know a few more cars that would be a good race for him so I'm guessing we'll set those up throughout the year and try to get them on video.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

4 people in the car dumdumdum