Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96 M6 'Vert, near stock vs. 2005ish Porsche Boxter S

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '96 M6 'Vert, near stock vs. 2005ish Porsche Boxter S

Leaving Taco Bell on the way back to the office today I managed to follow a Porsche Boxter S out to the road. The car had an exhaust, and unknown other mods, it sounded good. We each had a passenger. He sped across the access road to the main road, and I matched it to let him know I was game. His top was up, mine down, each one passenger. (My passenger is reading over my shoulder, he insists he's wicked awesome - tool!) I was behind him, rolling up to a right turn on to a 6 lane divided road, we rolled through the turn at about 20mph, and I was just pulling the car out of whatever high cruising gear I was in anticipating grabbing first if he decided to let it loose.

I was about 2-3 car lengths behind and the moment I double clutched the car up for first he dropped the hammer, and I came off the clutch as I tromped down on the accelerator. As anticipated, the car leapt out sideways a tad, and was straigthend up just as I hammered second. At this point I'm still about 2 cars off his bumper, and we're full out. Grab third, still right with him, his exhaust howling, stay in it to about 75-80, then I'm off the power and moving over to my on-ramp to the highway.

He never pulled an inch, once we were both on it, and it's questionable but I think I was starting to pull up on him. From what I can google, thats a 260hp or so car (maybe more, it certainly had an exhaust) and about 3100lbs, I guess that means the LT1 is lugging this heavy 'vert around ok. I would have loved a run from a dig through 100+ because I think I could have pulled him up top, after letting the V8 torque do what it does best.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Boxster is garbage. Go get em vert brother.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

hell yea LT1 brotha!

Tell the boxer owner next time, how'd you like that sauce B%tch!?