Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Modded C6 vs CTS-V and Turbo CRX

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
The automatic does indeed have the 400hp version. Its an LQ9 or something like that, not an LS3 like the manual has.
I thought thats how it was but I can build an auto car with the LS3 on the website. I know that doesn't mean I can have it that way. I just want to know if the auto is that good that its worth giving up that horsepower and liking it. I've only had three automatics in my life and one of them was a truck so that one doesn't count. One was a big block Dodge and the other was the result of a 7000 RPM clutch explosion that scared me into making that particular car an auto, my wife had a lot to do with that choice. LOL.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:41 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I thought thats how it was but I can build an auto car with the LS3 on the website. I know that doesn't mean I can have it that way. I just want to know if the auto is that good that its worth giving up that horsepower and liking it. I've only had three automatics in my life and one of them was a truck so that one doesn't count. One was a big block Dodge and the other was the result of a 7000 RPM clutch explosion that scared me into making that particular car an auto, my wife had a lot to do with that choice. LOL.

It's a toss up really. I know there will be a negative impact on trap speeds and roll races with the A6 Camaro (in N/A form anyway) due to the weight and lower power but could a simple converter take care of that? I am still on the stock converter so I have no idea the impact of a converter. That may be my next mod after a tune though, if I keep it.

If I were buying the Camaro, I would grab the M6 simply due to the weight of the car already. Now in a C6 where the weight is not really a factor since they both weigh about 40-50 lbs difference, even closer of you ditch the the run flat tires, it's almost a wash, to me. Again, IMHO.

To be totally honest, I was not looking for an A6, but the only C6 near me that was cheap enough happened to be the color/options I wanted other than the A6 trans but I knew Evilways (member here and on CF) was running 11.40's @ 125-127 (on PS2's) with a very mild H/C- 06/C6/A6 so I knew it could fly.

Hey, the CTS-V is an A6.

Confused now?