Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So i just hit 169mph last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009 | 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats right unit, you better watch out. Posting on a forum is DUMB, not like going 170mph on a highway at all. BTW, wheres the kill?
Old 04-25-2009 | 09:21 PM
On The Tree

I agree its the wrong section to post in but, why bust on the dude really? I have seen lots of posts about people going ***** out. Some people get glorified for it while others get told they will be watched to be on the news killing themselfs or other people. Here is an example https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...g-shotgun.html. No offense allngn c5 i was tryin to find the one where you where you shot a video of you doing the high speed runs on the way to work. And that one im talking about i know there was more traffic that allngn c5 was going through at a alleged higher speed.. But he got glorified?? While this dood is getting his nuts chopped bout it. I have buried the speedo in my car a few times and if its early in the morning no traffic and no real danger to any other cars then go for it.
Old 04-25-2009 | 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

bad ***. BUT WHERES THE VIDEO!
Old 04-25-2009 | 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
bad ***. BUT WHERES THE VIDEO!
I dunno maybe allngn c5 will come in here and show it again... i couldnt find it
Old 04-25-2009 | 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

at 3:30am, maybe there's no traffic... but there's tons of bored CHP waiting for something to happen (especially in all those 6 lane areas in socal that i can think of)... like hearing a cammed LS1 with true duals and no mufflers ripping down the highway a mile away.

what kind of shocks do you have?
and where's that damned video???
Old 04-26-2009 | 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
Going fast like that is no more risky than launching hard in first and banging 2nd and 3rd now is it? It would suck if you grenaded a tranny and shot shrapnul at another car or pedestrian now wouldn't it... **** happens...
Are you autistic?
Old 04-26-2009 | 01:22 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not busting on the OP cause I really could give a **** if he kills himself...But anyone who thinks a quick 40 to 100 roll race is as dangerous as going close to 170 is an idiot. First of all it takes more time at high speeds to get to 170, second, in the dark you are outdriving your headlights at 170. For those of you that think it's just as safe as a quick roll race, it means by the time something is visable in your headlights you don't have the time to avoid it.
Old 04-26-2009 | 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

If that's what the OP wanted to do, he can do it, it's his choice. If there's noone around and nobody at danger, except himself, I say go for it. I've been up to 140, but I did it when noone was in sight. Not too long ago, a person on here was asking how fast everyone has been in their current ride. Everybody said over 100 easily. Unit, you can't tell me you haven't been over 120, can you? If so, that means your Cobra isn't fast or you don't have the *****, man. You know going fast is our rush. What do you think our cars were made for, going the speed limit? Why do you think everybody takes off the limiter for?
Old 04-26-2009 | 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

whoa whoa whoa,

wow

#1 i would never do this when there was any traffic close to me,

#2, 170 isnt much different than 130 which im sure a lot of you have done before,

#3, as a mechanic, I inspect my cars on a weekly basis, ensuring that EVERY part of my vehicle is in 110% PERFECT working order (because I do drive my car in dangerous situations.

#4 odds are that you guys who drive 20-30 miles a day to work have a better chance of being injured than me doing this every blue moon.

#5 im getting bored of making excuses, basically, I do what i want.

#6 and look like i have to wait till tomorrow to get that vid from my buddy
Old 04-26-2009 | 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
I'm not busting on the OP cause I really could give a **** if he kills himself...But anyone who thinks a quick 40 to 100 roll race is as dangerous as going close to 170 is an idiot. First of all it takes more time at high speeds to get to 170, second, in the dark you are outdriving your headlights at 170. For those of you that think it's just as safe as a quick roll race, it means by the time something is visable in your headlights you don't have the time to avoid it.
You are outdriving your headlights before 100mph. Going 170 is insane, and you are definately taking a major major risk driving any where near that fast.
Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
whoa whoa whoa,

wow

#1 i would never do this when there was any traffic close to me,

#2, 170 isnt much different than 130 which im sure a lot of you have done before,

#3, as a mechanic, I inspect my cars on a weekly basis, ensuring that EVERY part of my vehicle is in 110% PERFECT working order (because I do drive my car in dangerous situations.

#4 odds are that you guys who drive 20-30 miles a day to work have a better chance of being injured than me doing this every blue moon.

#5 im getting bored of making excuses, basically, I do what i want.

#6 and look like i have to wait till tomorrow to get that vid from my buddy

130 mph is 190 feet per second and 170 mph is almost 250 feet per second. So what your saying is that traveling 60 more feet in a second isn't a big difference?
Old 04-26-2009 | 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Don't post this **** in here. STREET RACING ONLY. you get 3 days OP.