Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

pullied cobra vs ls1rx7 vs bolt on zo6

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run dead even with cory. a 125 would get it done. I am telling you guys though. cory's cobra is the only pullied cobra I am worried about in our area. I think I would give the ported cobras a run for their money around here. don't get me wrong I there are fast ones out there, but you just odn't see them driven like cory's.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
I run dead even with cory. a 125 would get it done. I am telling you guys though. cory's cobra is the only pullied cobra I am worried about in our area. I think I would give the ported cobras a run for their money around here. don't get me wrong I there are fast ones out there, but you just odn't see them driven like cory's.
Yes I think a 125 would get it done in your car.....I just wish I had a PORT!!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fury_786
yes

ive ran a few 500rwhp+ cobras in my stock internal/sprayed ls1

at the track or on the street, always the same story.
When you get into Twin Screw cars that make 600+ at the back tires that story is going to change a little bit. Now if your talking about a Eaton car that's different and I would be inclined to agree with you provided the Cobra wasn't spraying.

Originally Posted by MrDavid
It won't always happen that way but I used to spray my stock bottom end, cam only LS1 with a 150 shot and blister pullied bolt'on cobras. I stepped up to a 175 shot progressed and beat a pullied/100shot cobra and stayed pretty even.

cam/sprayLS1 vs. pullied/sprayCobra
Oh believe me I know all about how fast a LS motor is on the jug. I had one and yes my Trans Am was faster than my Cobra is so far. So far being the key term though, if I was to run a 100 shot through this Cobra or crank up the boost to about 20 lbs with a twin screw or a turbo that would no longer be the case and I really wouldn't want to spray more than a 150 shot on a stock bottom end LS1.

Bottom Line = Sprayed LS1 > Modded Cobra is vague and far from the truth in many cases.

Edit: That was a really good race you posted by the way.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Teching In

I think when I get my Port.....I would beat an LS1 on a 150 shot....then again I am hoping for 530-540rwhp with my Port. Most Ported Cobras make 500ish. My brother has a 100 shot now and we are close. I edge him out. If he sprayed a 150 and I added 70rwhp with my Port it should be a good race and I think I should pull a little up top. BTW- My brother is doing an MS3 cam and with a 100 shot it will be a very strong car should make over 500 easily. So if I got a Port it should be very fun.....but as of now I am broke as a joke so the car fund is on hold.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I think when I get my Port.....I would beat an LS1 on a 150 shot....then again I am hoping for 530-540rwhp with my Port. Most Ported Cobras make 500ish. My brother has a 100 shot now and we are close. I edge him out. If he sprayed a 150 and I added 70rwhp with my Port it should be a good race and I think I should pull a little up top. BTW- My brother is doing an MS3 cam and with a 100 shot it will be a very strong car should make over 500 easily. So if I got a Port it should be very fun.....but as of now I am broke as a joke so the car fund is on hold.
I know that feeling a little too well. Who are you going to have port it? Mine is the 89th one that stiegmier did. They didn't even have stages then. I thought about sending it for an update but I decided that I'm just going to save and get a used whipple or bell. I want to make about 600 whp, I could spray it and get there (still have my kit) but I think I'm just going stay all blower.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I know that feeling a little too well. Who are you going to have port it? Mine is the 89th one that stiegmier did. They didn't even have stages then. I thought about sending it for an update but I decided that I'm just going to save and get a used whipple or bell. I want to make about 600 whp, I could spray it and get there (still have my kit) but I think I'm just going stay all blower.
Steigmier if I decide to go that route. Thats a tough decision for me becuase next or spring I could buy a whipple off a guy I know for 2K. It would make 600rwhp all day long and be a lot more efficient. Then of course I would need BAP Mafia and 60's inj. But If I do the Port its gonna be $500 and I will need a BAP and Mafia. So who knows.......and of course I could just spray it but I want all blower.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
good runs....seems about right with the power the others cars are making...

too bad your not local with that Cobra....I'd Love to play.
Bring your car to LVD and ill run ya
Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

im making a road trip this summer
Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Steigmier if I decide to go that route. Thats a tough decision for me becuase next or spring I could buy a whipple off a guy I know for 2K. It would make 600rwhp all day long and be a lot more efficient. Then of course I would need BAP Mafia and 60's inj. But If I do the Port its gonna be $500 and I will need a BAP and Mafia. So who knows.......and of course I could just spray it but I want all blower.
I would wait on the whipple if I was you.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Teching In

good runs....seems about right with the power the others cars are making...

too bad your not local with that Cobra....I'd Love to play.
Lets just say last night I raced an SS that had an MS4, heads, and a Fast Intake with 4:10's and of course all the bolt ons and I beat him by half a car.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lets just say last night I raced an SS that had an MS4, heads, and a Fast Intake with 4:10's and of course all the bolt ons and I beat him by half a car.
That setup should yield about 460+rwhp. I'd attribute that "w" to the driver.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MrDavid
That setup should yield about 460+rwhp. I'd attribute that "w" to the driver.
We both drive the **** out of are cars....so it came down to the cars. It was an anticipated race, thats for sure.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
im making a road trip this summer
make the trip, I have a spare bedroom you could crash in . and I think you fall into the exceptions catagory. you car runs like it should if not better. there is one other pullied cobra in our area that runs well. Like I said. there are always fast ones out there, but you have to admitt cobras don't have a good rep. just seach youtube and streetfire....
Old 04-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

just seach youtube and streetfire....
Search the track (or the real world - not the internet) and you'll see something different.
Where are you at in Ohio?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

make the trip, I have a spare bedroom you could crash in . and I think you fall into the exceptions catagory. you car runs like it should if not better. there is one other pullied cobra in our area that runs well. Like I said. there are always fast ones out there, but you have to admitt cobras don't have a good rep. just seach youtube and streetfire....
honestly i dont think that its the cars for the most part. the driver is what can make or break a car. just seems as tho a lot of people that own cobras just suck at driving them. i may end up out in ohio this year to help out a friend during the NMRA race but my car wont be coming with me. it would be fun tho.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Teching In

honestly i dont think that its the cars for the most part. the driver is what can make or break a car. just seems as tho a lot of people that own cobras just suck at driving them. i may end up out in ohio this year to help out a friend during the NMRA race but my car wont be coming with me. it would be fun tho.
Your right it seems like all the bad drivers....own these cars. I have owned a few mustangs and my mach and now the Cobra. I have drove vettes and drive an SS everyday The Cobra is by far the hardest car to drive. F-BODY's are the easiest to drive. And yes around here Cobras have a very bad rep.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

you might want more then a port if he sprays ontop of that MS3 or your gonna be looking at his rear...

FYI...MS3 LOVES the bottle
Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Bring your car to LVD and ill run ya
I have seen you run there before I believe....11's/low 12's correct??
Old 04-26-2009, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

sounds like 2 things...

the car is weak and wasnt tuned right...

or the driver sucked.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like 2 things...

the car is weak and wasnt tuned right...

or the driver sucked.
11.30s @ 121 is weak and untuned with a bad driver? you have an interesting perspective.....