Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lost to a s r t4. Time to mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lost to a s r t4. Time to mod

Alright I was cruising home and I saw a blacked out s r t 4 and immediately i catch up see if he wants to run. I just broke in my clutch and was waiting tp run something around here. This dude steps on it as soon as I get up next to him and I was in 2nd so I smash it and I prob had a fender on him. well he gets up next to me and he's pointing to follow him. We end up getting on the highway and I'm thinking he wants to yank my *** top end..LOL

We wait for traffic to pass now so I get on the left and I couldn't hear **** since my windows were up. I saw he dropped gears and I was at 60 in 2nd. He took the hit and immediately we were side by side but bythe time I shifted to 3rd he was already 1 1/2 cars ahead and still pulling. From his 3rd to 4th gear, he pulled away pretty easily. We ran twice with the same outcome and it wasn't pretty from my view.

We ended up pulling into a gas station and checked out each rides.He told me he upgraded his turbo to Borg Warner and is pushin 405fw and 430 torque. I might meet up with him in the morning since him and buddies are cruising to new braunfels to dyno again but on race gas. It was def fun but now I say fock the new rims and I'm going to buy my cam and get a full tune by end of month. I finally paid my car off yesterday.

btw.. I'm just full exhaust lt's, dumps, ls6 intake

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 05-02-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

hahah that stinks - well u took it like a champ, now u make a mod or 2 and u spank him
Old 05-02-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job payin off the car, definitely time to treat yourself with some mods
Old 05-02-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Nice death! wish i could pay my car off now lol still got 2 yrs, since i barely got it this passed november.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
Alright I was cruising home and I saw a blacked out s r t 4 and immediately i catch up see if he wants to run. I just broke in my clutch and was waiting tp run something around here. This dude steps on it as soon as I get up next to him and I was in 2nd so I smash it and I prob had a fender on him. well he gets up next to me and he's pointing to follow him. We end up getting on the highway and I'm thinking he wants to yank my *** top end..LOL

We wait for traffic to pass now so I get on the left and I couldn't hear **** since my windows were up. I saw he dropped gears and I was at 60 in 2nd. He took the hit and immediately we were side by side but bythe time I shifted to 3rd he was already 1 1/2 cars ahead and still pulling. From his 3rd to 4th gear, he pulled away pretty easily. We ran twice with the same outcome and it wasn't pretty from my view.

We ended up pulling into a gas station and checked out each rides.He told me he upgraded his turbo to Borg Warner and is pushin 405rw and 430 torque. I might meet up with him in the morning since him and buddies are cruising to new braunfels to dyno again but on race gas. It was def fun but now I say fock the new rims and I'm going to buy my cam and get a full tune by end of month. I finally paid my car off yesterday.

btw.. I'm just full exhaust lt's, dumps, ls6 intake

Theres quite a few fast SRT4s here in San Antonio....register on www.satxracing.com , several lethal performance guys on there as well.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

funny this is you basically had no mods, he not only has assloads of turbo PSI but already is getting into upgraded turbos
Old 05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup u don't know what you running in to esp. in the streets. It was fun and def a no brainer after the fact but now it's time to do some bigger mods and slap on some et streets.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heh and your gonna need some decent mods too. if he is in the 400 fwhp range your gonna need quite a bit moreor more to match him from a roll there pretty light cars. i know a lot of people diss those cars. but i always was fond of them and noone can deny they mod well and can become quick fairly easily. those cars were basically made to be modded. Dodge knew what they were doing at the time. and are retarded for dropping it for the caliber.. which i guess is part why chrylser is bankrupt
Old 05-02-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
heh and your gonna need some decent mods too. if he is in the 400 fwhp range your gonna need quite a bit moreor more to match him from a roll there pretty light cars. i know a lot of people diss those cars. but i always was fond of them and noone can deny they mod well and can become quick fairly easily. those cars were basically made to be modded. Dodge knew what they were doing at the time. and are retarded for dropping it for the caliber.. which i guess is part why chrylser is bankrupt
yup he mentioned his was slightly over 2900lbs...yikes!

I don't care want anyone says about the srt neons.. I think they are a bad *** ride.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Shitttt what color was he? I don't wanna get schooled by a ******* neon
Old 05-02-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Shitttt what color was he? I don't wanna get schooled by a ******* neon
all blacked out on black rims with exhaust coming out under the driver side back seat door.. carbon fiber hood, no wing...lol
It's cool man I won't win em all but I'll be ordering my Torquer V.3 either monday or tuesday. I'll get a full tune at lethal by end of the month. It's time to wake this bitch up and start feeding my money into it.

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 05-02-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

all blacked out on black rims.. carbon fiber hood, no wing...lol
It's cool man I won't win em all but I'll be ordering my Torquer V.3 either monday or tuesday. I'll get a full tune at lethal by end of the month. It's time to wake this bitch up and start feeding my money into it.
I guess we're the only ones not at BIGS.....

and I am almost positive I've seen that SRT before. side note-there is a bolt-on tuned GT-R around the I-10 and 1604 area. ****** ran away from my Mustang on the highway
Old 05-02-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dont forget the bottle it will save your life
Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a pic..lol

Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

little bastard!...get the heads too to be sure to yank him!!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Yes they can be very fast....my buddies made 500fwhp and went 11.1 at 130mph.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

You will probably need more then a cam to beat him. H/C should make it even.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah alfie, no more thinking bout rims, time to add more power..H/C baby!!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Teching In

all blacked out on black rims with exhaust coming out under the driver side back seat door.. carbon fiber hood, no wing...lol
i may know this guy. lol

was it an hispanic dude? Julio?

has popcorn stickers right on top of the exhaust?

edit: nevermind, just texted my buddy from SA, he said it was his buddy Bitts
Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Valiant death. My best friend i race with jsut got one of these this past summer and from a roll him with front mount and exhaust and me with lt's an full exhaust he hung right with me till about 120. They can be fast lil cars for sure I drive it all the time and I can honestly say it's one of the most fun little cars I've ever driven. He jsut put in a cutout an downpipe an new wastegate and stuff so he thinks he'll have me, lil does he know i jsut had a cam specd by pat g and that will go in with my stall next weeknd Throw in ur cam and either heads or spray his *** and u should have him.