Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2003 2.8KB Cobra vs Turbo Trans AM

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I expected more from the T/A. I hope he gets a rematch when his fuel and rear end is ready.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
You mean like this one? Twin turbo cobra with 800whp @22psi. (Disregard the white car blowing by it)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...bra_143615.htm
Both of those are sick cars! Obviously the advantage goes to the 100 extra cubes and bigger turbos. But like some else stated, "Run what you brung" and I'll add, "..and hope your brung enough!!"
Old 05-10-2009, 09:56 PM

You sold nothing, your stuck with that donkey forever... (bids=0)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280326907884

To bad you didnt put your knowledge, money and mad turbo building skillz into a real car?

Edit: Btw I helped put a ebay turbo on my friends b16 hatch...all to get a whopping 197fwhp out of it...imports seem like a big waist of time and money to me.

1. He did sell the car asshat.. I was kinda there, sold it to a bunch of kids in Seymour, IN.. He ended the auction early, because he sold it outside of ebay..

2. 197whp for an ebay turbo is pretty good.. considerin chinkenese ebay stuff sucks a deck
Old 05-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Teching In

You sold nothing, your stuck with that donkey forever... (bids=0)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280326907884

To bad you didnt put your knowledge, money and mad turbo building skillz into a real car?

Edit: Btw I helped put a ebay turbo on my friends b16 hatch...all to get a whopping 197fwhp out of it...imports seem like a big waist of time and money to me.
First of all, I have not had it for a month and a half. Sold locally, hence my other ebay post being ended early. Nice job detective. There are 3 other kids on this forum that know I have not had it also.

2nd, I never said I had mad turbo building skillz, just stated your an idiot, which many on here already know and realize.

3rd, and thusly proving your an idiot, you slapped and ebay turbo on a b16 and made 197hp. If you would like to sit here and tell me how slow and pointless it is to turbo a honda, go right ahead if that was your point. If you do it right, anything can go fast and some people just happen to like imports and their hondas. But I have seen bolt on turbo GSRs running 14lbs on stock motors and accomplish lower times than you. So they must be doing something right.

I'm only meaning to be an asshat to this guy and not anyone else on here because he wants to instigate. So nobody else take offense to this lol. I am generally a nice guy

I would love nothing more than to see a twin turbo ls1, supercharged goat, or an svt cobra. But you can't get on here and bench race just because you got a little butthurt over your favorite car of all time getting beat. No matter how fast you are, chances are someone is faster.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
First of all, I have not had it for a month and a half. Sold locally, hence my other ebay post being ended early. Nice job detective. There are 3 other kids on this forum that know I have not had it also.

2nd, I never said I had mad turbo building skillz, just stated your an idiot, which many on here already know and realize.

3rd, and thusly proving your an idiot, you slapped and ebay turbo on a b16 and made 197hp. If you would like to sit here and tell me how slow and pointless it is to turbo a honda, go right ahead if that was your point. If you do it right, anything can go fast and some people just happen to like imports and their hondas. But I have seen bolt on turbo GSRs running 14lbs on stock motors and accomplish lower times than you. So they must be doing something right.

I'm only meaning to be an asshat to this guy and not anyone else on here because he wants to instigate. So nobody else take offense to this lol. I am generally a nice guy

I would love nothing more than to see a twin turbo ls1, supercharged goat, or an svt cobra. But you can't get on here and bench race just because you got a little butthurt over your favorite car of all time getting beat. No matter how fast you are, chances are someone is faster.

No, 99 Z28 is the be-all-end-all.
His car that cracks into the 11's is the fastest **** in the world. No one on the streets can touch him, and everyone wants a shot at his car.
He taught John Force how to drive, and I even heard that he can walk on water.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

bottles are for babies, real men get blown.
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Then what about the turbo guys?
they're just fucked
Old 05-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
No, 99 Z28 is the be-all-end-all.
His car that cracks into the 11's is the fastest **** in the world. No one on the streets can touch him, and everyone wants a shot at his car.
He taught John Force how to drive, and I even heard that he can walk on water.
I taught Jesus how to drive.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Dude go easy your dealing with the mentally handicapped. He owns a low 12 second car and talks more **** than the fastest guy here.

A 200 shot is little?
Lord knows you ain't gonna be splitting any atoms anytime soon. In the world of 400, 500, and 600HP multi stage systems 200 is small.

Ok back on track...tell you buddy not to remove that car from the garage until it is running right. Hes a embarrassment to the f-body community...
Funny if he's an embarrassment to the F-body community, WTF are you? He would leave your slow 12 second *** like you were tied to a pole. Think it's time for a 99Z vaction.......How bout it Sarge?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone who says my boys TA is weak is a dumb ****. I rode in that car and it is a seriously fast car. He is building a 9 inch for the car now. He just got the turbo put in. he dynoes 760 rwhp. The Cobra is no bitch. One of the fastest street cars I have ridden in. The out come doesn't suprise me. Good runs guys.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Anyone who says my boys TA is weak is a dumb ****. I rode in that car and it is a seriously fast car. He is building a 9 inch for the car now. He just got the turbo put in. he dynoes 760 rwhp. The Cobra is no bitch. One of the fastest street cars I have ridden in. The out come doesn't suprise me. Good runs guys.
really? at 10 psi?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
really? at 10 psi?
I too have a hard time believing that you made 350hp or so, off a turbo at 10lbs lol.

Just curious, is it easier to do a twin turbo setup on these lsx cars if choosing to go turbo? I would think it would be harder to configure piping for a single turbo setup or at least there would be more of it. Maybe more efficient too?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went 6 seconds in my LS1... Oh wait, sex doesn't count here does it?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IWGF
I went 6 seconds in my LS1... Oh wait, sex doesn't count here does it?
If it did I have gone faster and that was in a honda. LOL
Old 05-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Launching!

If it did I have gone faster and that was in a honda. LOL
I've been faster than that and didn't get out of bed.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, there are obviously some people on here that just wanna start ****.... IMO, they are both bad *** cars that deserve our respect. I would love, and I mean love, to get my hands on a cobra. I love f-bodies, but the cobras are damn sure a bad *** ride too. People just need to chill out and remember that being a tough guy on the internet just shows people how you are in reality.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach

Funny if he's an embarrassment to the F-body community, WTF are you? He would leave your slow 12 second *** like you were tied to a pole. Think it's time for a 99Z vaction.......How bout it Sarge?
Give him til the end of the week......

Scott, what do you know about fast cars? your roach running still?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SlwSVT
Thats like saying with equail cubes the Cobra..........................To each his own, run what you brung!

******* word!

God I hate all the BS excuses people always come up with. If the car was running this, or if it was doing that, if it had this it would have won. TA got taxed by the Cobra. End of story. No shame. It was the faster car. I just hate excuses. Run what you brung and hope it's enough. NO "ifs."
Old 05-11-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

I too have a hard time believing that you made 350hp or so, off a turbo at 10lbs lol.

Just curious, is it easier to do a twin turbo setup on these lsx cars if choosing to go turbo? I would think it would be harder to configure piping for a single turbo setup or at least there would be more of it. Maybe more efficient too?
I didn't make ****. Not my car. The car is on 12 pounds of boost. No excuses both are good friends of mine. As I siad before, the outcome does not suprise me. I love how 12 second car owners are the ones talking trash.

Sarge........yes I am still running I will call genius book of world records in another week.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I didn't make ****. Not my car. The car is on 12 pounds of boost. No excuses both are good friends of mine. As I siad before, the outcome does not suprise me. I love how 12 second car owners are the ones talking trash.

Sarge........yes I am still running I will call genius book of world records in another week.
On 12lbs 760 is completely believable. Get the fuel system done, up the boost, get used to the power then re-match.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

You mean like this one? Twin turbo cobra with 800whp @22psi. (Disregard the white car blowing by it)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...bra_143615.htm
That was an HP kit on a stock '03 Cobra motor with a Sullivan intake. IMO, that's pretty impressive on a stock motor.
The LS1 was a custom TT kit on an iron-block. Of course, it's not comparing apples-to-apples, but whoever spends the most money usually has the advantage.
S.