Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Vette v.s. wrx sti

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:02 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette v.s. wrx sti

I was just getting off from work and saw a blue wrx sti ahead of me ,so I noticed him slowing down and wanting to do a role race . I give him the hit and he's already half a car in front , I PUNCH IT AND HIS **** FREEZES IN PLACE and then I put two cars on him an let off ( lots of traffic ahead ). he looks over at me at the next light and says I did not think you would run , most guys with vette's don't. I JUST LAUGHED'' not me.... cool wrx driver , nice quick street kill.

Last edited by c6r; 05-23-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

lol good kill. Those WRXs are most of the time slow. A modded one would be a good run for a stock LS1.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:38 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice kill
Old 05-23-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill sir.

Those things until their cams and turbo's are upgraded dont really have much up top...

Even then im sure the average one you would eat up.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Teching In

It takes a lot of engine work and money for an STi to keep pace with a stock C6 Zo6 in a straightline. Unfortunately it doesn't get any better for the Subaru on a road course. It's amazing how low the curb weight is for the C6 Vette. I think the engineering behind the motor and drivetrain setup is amazing but keeping that car light is what impresses me the most.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Lol. I saw the new fast and furious movie when it was in theaters when i left and started driving back home some stock wrx, not an sti, flew by me. Mind you i have 600rwhp on drag radials and its **** pooring rain. Anyone who has driven any car with radials on in the rain knows how scary it is just to accelerate like the mini vans stopped next to you. Anyway he keeps slowing down and flying by. We hit a stoplight so i roll down my window and ask him what the hell he's doing? He says "man ive beaten so many corvettes in races, you dont stand a chance" i just laugh at him, take note of his license plate and go back to my friends place. Two weeks later i go to advanced and see a silver wrx with the same license plate. I go into the store and find the kid and ask him "hey dude is that your sweet *** wrx?" He says its his. I say "dude that thing is probably faster than my car". So we go outside, he says he'd like to race me and that he has beaten vettes before. So we go onto 215 from a 60 roll, 3rd gear. he honks 3x so i lightly push down the throttle until 100 where i hit 4th gear and slam it to the ground. I dunno how many car lengths he was but i could barely see his car. Then i went back to advanced to buy some more winter washer fluid.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:25 AM
c6r
On The Tree

Ain't nothing like freezing the other guy's pull , especially when they think there car is fast stop em dead in there tracks and put 5 cars on them
Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

When I had my stock Z06 on my Firestone wide ovals I set up a race with one and they guy was cocky. I said lets do a dig and he was confused. I also said I will give you the hit. So he repeated me to make sure he was hearing correctly and when we raced he jumped out on me by 3 cars (combination of AWD and the hit) I had 2 cars on him by 100 and he was sooooo pissy when he got back to our hangout. But he was a relatively good sport.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got a buddy of mine who has a yellow WRX and he is running low 8's quarter mile...lol.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 7th Darkness
Ive got a buddy of mine who has a yellow WRX and he is running low 8's quarter mile...lol.
What tranny? The stock transmissions might as well be made out of plastic because they are JUNK unless they are an STI and then they are Less JUNK. My friend launched his car from a 4k rpm drop and shattered his 1st and second gear He was so confused why and I was like "Dude you just launched you AWD car on a 4k dump... you cannot do that and not expect something to go."
Old 05-24-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
What tranny? The stock transmissions might as well be made out of plastic because they are JUNK unless they are an STI and then they are Less JUNK. My friend launched his car from a 4k rpm drop and shattered his 1st and second gear He was so confused why and I was like "Dude you just launched you AWD car on a 4k dump... you cannot do that and not expect something to go."
Not to sure on the specs, but I know he has some $$$ into it. He had most of his work done at a shop in Chicago. Very nice and fast car.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by c6r
I was just getting off from work and saw a blue wrx sti ahead of me ,so I noticed him slowing down and wanting to do a role race . I give him the hit and he's already half a car in front , I PUNCH IT AND HIS **** FREEZES IN PLACE and then I put two cars on him an let off ( lots of traffic ahead ). he looks over at me at the next light and says I did not think you would run , most guys with vette's don't. I JUST LAUGHED'' not me.... cool wrx driver , nice quick street kill.
Must have been an ugly kill!! But its cool to see some corvette runs though heh...The only vettes I cross are on the other side of the highway or theres too much traffic!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
cant just dump the clutch. you'll either spin and bog, or shatter the tranny. i've got an 06 wrx in addition to the ws6, and slipping from 5k yields the best launches for me. as long you don't dump the clutch and powershift through every gear it'll hold up fine.