Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2006 EVO IX MR vs 2010 Camaro V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you should buy a Prius.

I have seen some geared cars get down from a dig on the street.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you're used to driving a Prius? Or cars with only 400 and some odd hp. "Some geared cars get down from a dig on the street." I guess these cars either had hardly any power or were running slicks? Either that or use only 20% throttle or less?

Sorry maybe I should have mentioned I'm talking about cars with real power.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Maybe you're used to driving a Prius? Or cars with only 400 and some odd hp. "Some geared cars get down from a dig on the street." I guess these cars either had hardly any power or were running slicks? Either that or use only 20% throttle or less?

Sorry maybe I should have mentioned I'm talking about cars with real power.
Haha you are such a bad ***.

Come down to Houston one day. Their are plenty of cars that would make whatever it is you drive look like a joke.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Haha you are such a bad ***.

Come down to Houston one day. Their are plenty of cars that would make whatever it is you drive look like a joke.
And your car sure as hell isn't one of them, your car is a joke. I never said my car was the fastest car here. How many 700rwhp cars you know of with 4.10 gears? Oh wait, none? Then stfu. How many of those cars that would make mine look like a joke are daily drivers at that?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Teching In

all 6 gears in the car are useable because it's a rally car. it's geared for quick acceleration, not autobaun top speed cruising. it needs to be able to stop and go very quickly, and needs the shorter gears to keep it in the powerband of the turbo. there's no OD gears on it, and i like it that way.

glad you guys realize the insanity of the G35 vs EVO argument...especially that guy's G35 with an extra 800lbs+ in the car at the time.

I would like to run an SS. I agree that it is a 12 second car in the right hands, like the EVO IX. the fastest i've ever seen an EVO IX MR run bone stock was 12.6. in the 1/4 mile i should take him, but after that he should start to pull. but that's nothing a tune couldn't fix lol with all the cars coming out now with big power, it seems i'm going to have to do some minor mods to be able to keep up. i'd stayed away from modding the car power wise because of my autocross classing, and because the car is my DD, but i plan to do a couple small things. just a lower IC pipe will net around 10-15whp, and a tune on top of that would be good for another 40whp+. i also plan on getting a downpipe and hfc to make the exhaust a full turboback. just opening up the intake and exhaust sides of the motor should give me enough power to be comfortable on the street, and it'll help spoolup and give me more low end grunt to pull out of the slower sections at autocross.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

All I really know is OP can drive his *** off w/ a 12.8 at 107 in a stock Evo... I'd actually like to see it, esp in LA...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
All I really know is OP can drive his *** off w/ a 12.8 at 107 in a stock Evo... I'd actually like to see it, esp in LA...
thanks. i ran that time in baytown. i've got a thread about it in the drag racing section for 12 second runs.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

good kill Not sure why some are fussing so much

sounds about right to me
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Punisher GTO
good kill Not sure why some are fussing so much

sounds about right to me
thanks. nobody's really fussing...it's just that one guy that drives his mom's stock G35 with 4 200lb people in the car to make it a 4700lb+ car that beats EVO's easily. i've just stopped reading anything he posts.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ODUB
thanks. nobody's really fussing...it's just that one guy that drives his mom's stock G35 with 4 200lb people in the car to make it a 4700lb+ car that beats EVO's easily. i've just stopped reading anything he posts.
It's all good. Wait, so someone is bragging about driving their mom's car? Even if they won a race its an automatic loss to anyone who he races who actually OWNS their car.

Let me go borrow a car from a dealership smoke you in a race, return the car, then brag about it afterwards.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Teching In

It's all good. Wait, so someone is bragging about driving their mom's car? Even if they won a race its an automatic loss to anyone who he races who actually OWNS their car.

Let me go borrow a car from a dealership smoke you in a race, return the car, then brag about it afterwards.
lol his mom's car at that...but the premise for said race is so ridiculous... basically 305hp hauling around a car that normally runs high 13's low 14's with it's stock 3700lb curb weight, is now hauling 4700lbs (not including himself) because of the extra passengers is consistantly beating a car that runs 12's and traps up to 8mph higher, weighs at least 1500lbs less than his passenger filled car, and is putting out the same, or more power....

yeah, that's possible.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

10 cars eh? Why'd you bother with the v6?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sslateron
10 cars eh? Why'd you bother with the v6?
why not? lol it's just fun to see the expression on people's faces when they get beat by what they think is a honda accord with a body kit.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I own an 01 TA, and whos bragging my car will spank the G35

What happened happened, maybe something was wrong with the evo, maybe he couldnt drive, who knows but I did win, I dont care what you guys think cuz it does sound crazy but one last time IT DID HAPPEN
Old 06-05-2009, 03:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol his mom's car at that...but the premise for said race is so ridiculous... basically 305hp hauling around a car that normally runs high 13's low 14's with it's stock 3700lb curb weight, is now hauling 4700lbs (not including himself) because of the extra passengers is consistantly beating a car that runs 12's and traps up to 8mph higher, weighs at least 1500lbs less than his passenger filled car, and is putting out the same, or more power....

yeah, that's possible.
good math man cuz 3700+800 totally equals 4700 Look man IDK why or how I won but I did. "Mr. I beat a cobra with my damn near stock evo" bull ****,And let me add FROM A ROLL. A bone stock f-body will stomp on you.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
good math man cuz 3700+800 totally equals 4700 Look man IDK why or how I won but I did. "Mr. I beat a cobra with my damn near stock evo" bull ****,And let me add FROM A ROLL. A bone stock f-body will stomp on you.
you said 4 200+ guys not including yourself. add you in there, and you've got over 4700lbs. as for the f-body comment, you don't even believe that one lol also, even if it happens to beat me in a straight line, at the first sign of a curve, race over.

maybe you did win because maybe the EVO wasn't racing, or it was just a lancer with a bodykit? as for the cobra, yeah i got him. **** happens.

none of your posts make any sense. they just get dumber and dumber everytime you type something. please, just stop. every forum has a village idiot... looks like i go lucky and found LS1tech's already
Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

AWD negatively affects trap speeds. AWD cars trap lower because of the traction off the line. your story is complete bull. a car with 306hp hauling 4700lbs will not pull a car with roughly the same hp hauling at least 1400lbs less. that just doesn't make any sense.

as for the camaro, i'm just reporting what happened. when i looked up at 135mph, i was about 6 cars ahead. maybe he had let off by then, i don't know, don't care. all i know is that i sucked him up, passed him, then pulled endlessly.
As was he about his race.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Troof...

**** this whole pissing match between what beat what. Some people just can't ******* drive, and others can (OP). Good kill man. Now step it up with some more bolt ons, and a slightly larger turbo .
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
I own an 01 TA, and whos bragging my car will spank the G35
Who's car wouldn't spank a G35?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
difference is, his is physically impossible unless the EVO wasn't racing, or it was a lancer ralliart with a body kit.

Quick Reply: 2006 EVO IX MR vs 2010 Camaro V6