Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2006 EVO IX MR vs 2010 Camaro V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steiner
This thread is hilarious. All it needs is Wesman telling the OP about how his engine is going to blow any minute and this bad boy is sticky material. Although I'm still scratching my head when people call BS on a stock CT9A Evo hitting 12's and/or trapping 105mph+. That cat got out of the bag in late 2004.

BTW...I lol @ people who lol @ evos and people with evos
i would have **** if the next post was wesman doing exactly that....

pure epicness it would have been..
Old 06-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
12.8 basically stock and heavily modified is 12.0 territory? Not much benefit from going heavily modified.
i was making a point about the driver. the "heavily modified" was in relation to my car. he had a turbo back, intake, tune, boost controller, possibly cams. i guess he'd be considered a bolt on EVO 8. EVO 8's didn't respond as well to mods as the IX's. all that stuff on a 9 would be good for low-mid 11's. he still should have been faster though. what would really be considered a heavily modified EVO would be in the 10's or lower.

also, not every EVO owner modifies his/her car only for straight line performance. an EVO can be heavily modified and not have much done power wise at all. depends on what type of racing the car is going to be built for.

Quick Reply: 2006 EVO IX MR vs 2010 Camaro V6