Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Friends 793hp Supra.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the fastest 6 speed record was taken back by a Viper?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diambo4life
No kidding...that's why your earlier statement is asinine. The car will not be racing at low RPM. It will be operating in the 5,000-10,000 rpm range and will be MUCH faster than your slow *** car that makes 380tq at 1500rpm.
Pretty sure you're in no position to call my car slow. And I would hope that car would be faster than mine with 1600 hp.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Not in the Texas Mile. SW's BL Supra still holds the record at 246.xx
Old 06-23-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont' like SUpra's myself....would never own one...even if given to me, I'd sell it.

but I will say I can see them as fun dick around cars. And yes, they are over rated, IMO.

ANyone know how much power and weight that high 7s supra has?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Teching In

It's very possible. I know the Supras and Vipers have been going back and forth with regards to the 6 speed record.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Not in the Texas Mile. SW's BL Supra still holds the record at 246.xx
The only record anyone talks about it 1/4 mile.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

The only record anyone talks about it 1/4 mile.
Well just excuse the **** out of me for not knowing every ******* record in racing.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Well just excuse the **** out of me for not knowing every ******* record in racing.
Whoa...what the hell is your problem? That's a bullshit post from you.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whoa...what the hell is your problem? That's a bullshit post from you.
Chris has just been having a bad time lately.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RawrImAMonster
Well you can hardly call a car worthless if the transmission and rear end can take that kind of abuse and it being a street car or not has nothing to do with anything. You said supras were worthless period.
So if I put that trans and rear in a farm wagon, that makes it awesome?? I think not. The engine is worthless, regardless of the transmission and rear. And therefore the entire car is pretty much pointless. Why try and make a 3.0L fast when you can work with a real engine for less money??

Calling a supra worthless is just plain ignorance. They are sure as hell built a lot better than fbodies. See if you can get a stock rear end ls1 to run in the 7's without breaking.
Built a lot better?? Nope. Same cheap plastic interior, and they have plenty of problems. Just as much as F-bods or more. Toyota is a joke, look at the new Tundra. Its a complete failure; motors breaking camshafts, tailgates falling off, trannies blowing up, ect. People who worship Toyota are ignorant fools.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Worshipping toyota is one thing. Respecting a badass car like the Supra is another.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Because all these Supra ricers always claim their cars are "street driven", not race cars. And having a motor that gutless on the street is damn near useless, and just plain embarassing. No street car spends all its time at 5,000RPM+ racing. If I had to rev to 3,000RPM to move my piece of **** Supra out of a parking space I would be ashamed.

Supras are the most overrated and overhyped cars ever, right next to the Skyline. They are nothing more than ricer's wet dreams, yet there is nothing special at all when compared to real cars. Sure you can make a Supra fast, but you can make plenty of other cars fast as well, and for much cheaper and with tons more power and torque.

As for the Supra being the fastest 6 speed car, thats because nobody has tried to beat them. If someone felt like spending the time and money to make an LSX 6 speed car faster than a Supra, it would happen, no two ways about it. Same thing with the Texas mile.

Why the hell would anyone want to turn 9,000RPM when the same power can be made at 6,000RPM?? Thats completely pointless, and just puts tons more stress on the rotating components of the motor and trans. Ricers are the only ones who brag about how high they can rev their motors.
you have no idea what it takes to make big power do you. why dont you take a look at what the outlaw 10.5 tire or sso or any other small tire class cars spin the motors too. small block fords and chevy's will see 8,500 rpm give or a take depending on the combo. modular fords is very common to see around 9k rpm. big block chevy and big block fords are very commonly reved to 7500+ rpm.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I dont' like SUpra's myself....would never own one...even if given to me, I'd sell it.

but I will say I can see them as fun dick around cars. And yes, they are over rated, IMO.

ANyone know how much power and weight that high 7s supra has?
I agree. I don't even like the mentality of the majority of those who drive supras and those types of cars. They all reak of ricer to me imo. Whatever, to each their own.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Chris has just been having a bad time lately.
I'd be having a bad time too if I went from 5 cars and a bike down to just a bike in just a couple months.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

******' grow up and get over it dude! Tired of seeing your whining and hissy fit bs every where I read on here. You gave someone a warning (a long time member in good standing) without merit since it was an accident. Then when everyone politely told you that it was a load of crap and that since it was an accident you should remove it for him on matter of principle, you refused and said "it will be gone in ten 10 days". =tool!!! You got your venting out now let's drop it~please! I understand you are butt hurt and quite frankly you were always fair in my eyes, but if you can't admit to making a mistake and retracting your violation point you wrongfully gave out, than **** on ya,! You are not cut out for a mod anyways if this sort of stuff is bothering you to the point that you take it personally and can't even exercise common sense and better judgement. All you had to do was admit that you were maybe a little out of line (after receiving his explanation) and reverse what you did. But you wouln't do that, the power went to your head, and now it's gone. Sorry bout your luck, maybe someday they'll give you a whirl again but untill then you're sol. Like I said, don't take this as me trying to bash you, i'm just setting the record straight.

Anyone wants to know what went down go read; "abuse of power" under the user support and resources section. Rather than talk about an incident that people know nothing about, I figured I'd give some background here. No hard feeling man, it dosn't concern me directly but I do have to read through this type of bs often in order to get to the meat and potatoes of a thread. Gets old fast!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oddwraith
******' grow up and get over it dude! Tired of seeing your whining and hissy fit bs every where I read on here. You gave someone a warning (a long time member in good standing) without merit since it was an accident. Then when everyone politely told you that it was a load of crap and that since it was an accident you should remove it for him on matter of principle, you refused and said "it will be gone in ten 10 days". =tool!!! You got your venting out now let's drop it~please! I understand you are butt hurt and quite frankly you were always fair in my eyes, but if you can't admit to making a mistake and retracting your violation point you wrongfully gave out, than **** on ya,! You are not cut out for a mod anyways if this sort of stuff is bothering you to the point that you take it personally and can't even exercise common sense and better judgement. All you had to do was admit that you were maybe a little out of line (after receiving his explanation) and reverse what you did. But you wouln't do that, the power went to your head, and now it's gone. Sorry bout your luck, maybe someday they'll give you a whirl again but untill then you're sol. Like I said, don't take this as me trying to bash you, i'm just setting the record straight.

Anyone wants to know what went down go read; "abuse of power" under the user support and resources section. Rather than talk about an incident that people know nothing about, I figured I'd give some background here. No hard feeling man, it dosn't concern me directly but I do have to read through this type of bs often in order to get to the meat and potatoes of a thread. Gets old fast!
LOL. Who the **** are you? You don't know **** about me, you don't know **** about what's going on in my life. I couldn't give two ***** about what happened on this site. I seriously do not give a ****. NEWS FLASH **** STICK: I CANNOT REMOVE ANY INFRACTIONS. Only the admins can.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU are why this site are going down, fast.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
you have no idea what it takes to make big power do you. why dont you take a look at what the outlaw 10.5 tire or sso or any other small tire class cars spin the motors too. small block fords and chevy's will see 8,500 rpm give or a take depending on the combo. modular fords is very common to see around 9k rpm. big block chevy and big block fords are very commonly reved to 7500+ rpm.
Apparetly the lines between "race car" and street car" have been lost in translation somewhere in this thread.

You could have a fully built, caged, gutted, race fuel, slicks/skinnies, parachute equipped Supra and some ricer moron will always claim "its a street car". None of the Supras anyone has posted about have been anything close resembling street cars.

If you want to talk about race cars, then yes, GM and Ford SB's will commonly turn 8,000+ RPM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Because all these Supra ricers always claim their cars are "street driven", not race cars. And having a motor that gutless on the street is damn near useless, and just plain embarassing. No street car spends all its time at 5,000RPM+ racing. If I had to rev to 3,000RPM to move my piece of **** Supra out of a parking space I would be ashamed.

Supras are the most overrated and overhyped cars ever, right next to the Skyline. They are nothing more than ricer's wet dreams, yet there is nothing special at all when compared to real cars. Sure you can make a Supra fast, but you can make plenty of other cars fast as well, and for much cheaper and with tons more power and torque.

As for the Supra being the fastest 6 speed car, thats because nobody has tried to beat them. If someone felt like spending the time and money to make an LSX 6 speed car faster than a Supra, it would happen, no two ways about it. Same thing with the Texas mile.

Why the hell would anyone want to turn 9,000RPM when the same power can be made at 6,000RPM?? Thats completely pointless, and just puts tons more stress on the rotating components of the motor and trans. Ricers are the only ones who brag about how high they can rev their motors.
x2

and what is it with the ricers obsession with high rpm's? it doesnt matter how high it revs as long as it makes power where it's revving--- if it pulls 9k but only makes 250hp there then who gives a ****?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Banned

This thread makes me LOL.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

i think there's one in the 7's--- other than that i dunno

Quick Reply: Raced a Friends 793hp Supra.