Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oddwraith
******' grow up and get over it dude! Tired of seeing your whining and hissy fit bs every where I read on here. You gave someone a warning (a long time member in good standing) without merit since it was an accident. Then when everyone politely told you that it was a load of crap and that since it was an accident you should remove it for him on matter of principle, you refused and said "it will be gone in ten 10 days". =tool!!! You got your venting out now let's drop it~please! I understand you are butt hurt and quite frankly you were always fair in my eyes, but if you can't admit to making a mistake and retracting your violation point you wrongfully gave out, than **** on ya,! You are not cut out for a mod anyways if this sort of stuff is bothering you to the point that you take it personally and can't even exercise common sense and better judgement. All you had to do was admit that you were maybe a little out of line (after receiving his explanation) and reverse what you did. But you wouln't do that, the power went to your head, and now it's gone. Sorry bout your luck, maybe someday they'll give you a whirl again but untill then you're sol. Like I said, don't take this as me trying to bash you, i'm just setting the record straight.

Anyone wants to know what went down go read; "abuse of power" under the user support and resources section. Rather than talk about an incident that people know nothing about, I figured I'd give some background here. No hard feeling man, it dosn't concern me directly but I do have to read through this type of bs often in order to get to the meat and potatoes of a thread. Gets old fast!
dude whats your deal? are you pefect? maybe he made a mistake maybe he didnt but why your rant? Sarge has never been anything but fair as long as ive been on here, im sure hes made his mistakes in the last 2 years but he, or anybody else for that matter, doesnt deserve all that. not from a keyboard. Its been explained to me (by an admin mind you) that more than one mod lost that status for a number of different reasons, many of them bs. If you dont like the mods then go somewhere else, dont help all these ****** ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

No of course I'm not perfect? But neither was the guy Sarge gave a demerit point to(or whatever it's called). The guy had been here since 06 or so and had two windows open at once (he reads here alot) and accidently clicked on the wrong one in to post. OOOOPPPPS!!!! Big no no, end of the world! It was the principle of the matter, it's not like the guy regularily posts up in the wrong sections and is very active here in terms of advice, learning, trading , buying etc. I think we could have some discretion for this type of user who is not a troll or any such thing. Was this guy perfect??? NO! So cut him some slack. The world doesn't always have to be so black and white man. Holy ****. I don't have a problem with the mods, he isn't a mod anymore now is he? What's your deal? I was showing the other side of the coin, rather then everyone else here who'd rather kiss his ***(Sarge's) then to tell him the simple truth of the matter which is this; sometimes when we have a certain level of power and autority, it goes to our head. In this case Sarge was to stubborn to back down and so he looked like an idiot and everyone told him about it. I have no problems with the mods here, and I have no problem with Sarge (he is allowed to vent like everyone else here) but let's keep it real man. Like I said, go read the original thread under user suppport entitled "abuse of power" for a more complete understanding before shooting off your mouth. Not referring to you in specific CarsandWomen, just making a point. Also why would I go somewhere else? Obviously the way I see it is VERY close to the way the Admins see it as well as a large amount of people over on US&R. So my opinion is anchored in fact and your is anchored in biased opinion. I'm not an *** kisser and never will be and don't care if you're a mod or what, there are rules for us all to follow and discretion must be exercised with sound judgement.

Cliff notes: Sarge fucked up, wouldn't admit it, everyone told him to lay off a bit and give the guy a break (whom was given a strike for no GOOD reason) and wouldn't back down (ego!) Ego has no place in moderating and that I know for a fact, so call it what you will. Sorry I came and rained on your parade of Sarge banner carrying but I'm a realist and don't much care to hear someone whine about **** that they asked for themselves. Sorry to hear about all of this Sarge, and if you would have read my post in that particular user support thread you would have seen that I wasn't bashing you. I'm just tired of the ******' drama on here. Is this a tech site or a ******' soap opera?

Dearest CarsandWoman; Why don't you go someplace else rather than attack me for voicing my opinion (just as you did)? I'll stay right here bad boy and all the while I'll continue to be the voice of reason and try not to get caught up in this clicky bullshit which belongs over on Hondatech. You don't drive a honda do you lol?

I'm not bashing Sarge and as I have said before, I have no problems with him and always found him to be fair and helpful, but that doens't mean that he is always right. For those times when he is wrong he needs to admit it or drop it. Not come on here and call out IB and everything else under the sun because of HIS problem and inability to be flexible. That's my OPINION>yes I am entitled to it. Sorry to hurt your wittle feewings CarsandGirls.

Quit with the brotherhood bullshit!

Last edited by oddwraith; 06-24-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
LOL. Who the **** are you? You don't know **** about me, you don't know **** about what's going on in my life. I couldn't give two ***** about what happened on this site. I seriously do not give a ****. NEWS FLASH **** STICK: I CANNOT REMOVE ANY INFRACTIONS. Only the admins can.
PEOPLE LIKE YOU are why this site are going down, fast.
You may not be able to remove infractions but you sure as hell could've considered the mitigating circumstances before doing it and even then you could have explained it to an admin and had an admin remove it for this fine gentlemen after he explained it to you. But no, you wouldn't admit you were wrong. It is what it is and you lost that one. I truly am sorry to hear that because if you would just open your eyes a little more you would be one of the best mods on here.
I am someone who has read MANY of your posts is who I am! I don't care what's going on in your life, has nothing to do with me or this site or the **** you spew outta your mouth here. Your poor me **** has got to stop once you feel like you have vented enough.

Well since we're on the topic of name calling; why don't you stop snivelling like a child and explain it to us than Mr. Smart guy? Rather then air all of your dirty laundy around here just enough to start your negative toxic bullshit on here too. I am the reason this site is going down fast? Are you kidding? I only ask for tips, help others, am the voice of reason more times than I can remeber, yet I'm the problem here? Yeah that's why I don't get infractions and that's why I am being as diplomatic as I can with someone who obviously doesn't deserve it.

Firstly; I dont' play games and dramatics on here like you do

Second; I don't think the site is going down, maybe just not the way YOU would like to have it. So one small step away from the giant soap opera, becomes ONE GIANT step for mankind> toward a better place to live, laugh, and learn without the polictis and personal bias bs.

They apologized to you and still you are bitter. If you never "gave two *****" on what's happeneing on this site, that's why you are not a mod anymore I guess. You know at first, I thought I was dealing with a guy who just had a bad day and went a little ballistic. Turns out I'm just dealing with an ******* who thinks everyone should agree with him. You have your followers on here but that means **** as they too will turn their back over time.

Advice: get over it and leave it go. What do you care anyways right? You don't even care what happens here. If this is the best of Sarge13, then repectively- You are not the guy for the job----Fuckstick!

For such a fair and good mod and person, you sure didn't take long to turn to name calling did you? Don't start with me,you can't compete with your current ability level of communication skill and tools. I'd walk circles around you in this department and you'd be left looking like a bigger idiot than you already do. Stop being such a *****! Suck it up.

Last edited by oddwraith; 06-24-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

LOL They apologized....so it should be okay now. So if you get fucked up the *** it's okay if they apologize afterwards?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by big hammer
x2

and what is it with the ricers obsession with high rpm's? it doesnt matter how high it revs as long as it makes power where it's revving--- if it pulls 9k but only makes 250hp there then who gives a ****?
Yeh... but instead its pulling 9k rpm's and making around 800 wheel horsepower.. but whatever floats your boat
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
LOL They apologized....so it should be okay now. So if you get fucked up the *** it's okay if they apologize afterwards?
Who got fucked up the ***? Sell stupid someplace else man, I'm sure there are a few potential buyers out by where you live lol. Jk. Seriously, Sarge was told that since he fucked up that would cost him (as it does much of us). But since he stood by his decision (and couldn't see the light of reason) that pissed everyone off. The new management doesn't have time or desire to put up with this kind of **** so I say this in response to a few post above telling me to leave if I don't like it? Why the hell would I? Because I have a differing opinion than you? I think not, bud! "If you don't like the new ways things are ran here, **** off"!

New page, new chapter, and in some cases new mods...thank god! Oh ps. that again is my opinion. Just as my opinion is that there are a surplus of ******** here that have nothing better to do than to stir the pot and air dirty laundry. This place is finally taking apart all of the "cliques" and "brotherhoods" that were formed and I'm all for it! Now we can get down to business and get some info out there without whhhha whaaaaa , sniff sniff....waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! ******' grow up. This is pathetic people. Not you CoNfUzEd, you're fubar anyways I think.

Side note: I wish all these so called "old timers" (ha, been here a total of 8 years max) would stop shitting on all the new guys for being newbs. Christ they have to start somewhere, stop being ******. This only goes out to the dicks, not to the guys who actually help us newbies out on this forum. People assume that because somene is new to a forum they must have just fell off of the turnip truck?

Last edited by oddwraith; 06-24-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

This is probably the worst thread ever. It's like all the queers decided to post in one thread, and this was it. Poor Roger.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Oddwraith

As for the old timers being harsh on newbs

1. show me a board you can join where you don't get hazed a bit for being new.
2This site is the least I have seen.
3. Sometimes the old timers need to put people in thier place. It is better to read and learn before you run your **** holster/dick beaters. Now more than ever we need to police ourselves sense the mods no longer have the power to do it themselves.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

I mean ****! Look at this......we are bitching in 50 billion threads about the same thing?!?!?!? Where is the moderation? Where are our fearless leaders who keep peace and sanity? Well...........UNIT quit because of the BS....Sarge and Jimmy ecame sacrificial lambs to appease the masses or dumb asses. It's been my experience one is the same as the other.
Now that someone has called it..................I am sure there will be some threads being locked.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

.... I was showing the other side of the coin, rather then everyone else here who'd rather kiss his ***(Sarge's) then to tell him the simple truth of the matter which is this; sometimes when we have a certain level of power and autority, it goes to our head. In this case Sarge was to stubborn to back down and so he looked like an idiot and everyone told him about it. I have no problems with the mods here, and I have no problem with Sarge (he is allowed to vent like everyone else here) but let's keep it real man. Like I said, go read the original thread under user suppport entitled "abuse of power" for a more complete understanding before shooting off your mouth. Quit with the brotherhood bullshit!

I just did. I admit, I hadn't read it until now.........but reading it only reminds me of how stupid all this is. I (along with others) have received infractions for misunderstandings of breaking the rules and/or pedly stupid **** that wasn't even a 'rule breaker' (black and white), but guess what?.....I took it like a man and let it go. I didn't whine and cry OUT IN THE OPEN FOR THE entire forum to read. I PM'd the mod and discussed it. I've even reported mods to other mods on other forums. IOW - NO REASON for that **** to have been public. NOt only that, crying of a 1 pt infraction..are you shitting me? HOw about that member (which I've seen post and respect, I'm referring to this one instance) try to understand what it's like to be a mod. ********/dipshits post up crap constantly that have to be reviewed and fixed. It gets tiring to see crap post up all the time even though there's a sticky. The arguement is that he made a mistake.....ok, if it was a mistake, then A) pay closer attention, B) let it go. It was a small no nothing issue. Member made a mistake, and in some eyes, Sarge made a mistake.......so let it go. WOrse things in life have happened.
Stop being such a *****! Suck it up.
From another perspective: couldnt' that advice be given to the member that got the infraction?

BTW - not arguing. Just showing view points.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Sense when is ignorance of the law a defence?LOL I know this isn't real world man. But damn .....look where this is going guys. For those who don't want to see, when have so many people been up in arms on here. We are all pretty sick of the atmosphere that IB has brought with it. This si no longer us...it's ran by a business. Profit thier only motive.
There is a problem. I have never seen so many (and big name regular too) people say this place sux. It was always nothing but love before the adds came. IB is going to run this horse into the ground and most of you don't give a ****.
I came here to be with a group of like minded men and women. I don't come here to get my Toby KIETH AND eBAY ON.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, since he was wronged and he is standing up for himself based on principle, not based on rules that are enfrorced by people with little to no common sense. He stood up for himself since he felt wronged. The mod in question stood BY himself even when he was wrong. Close but no cigar. Power to the people and screw all the bureaucratic bs. Let me ask this;

If I am so off base here, why would Sarge be removed from mod status and yet the person in question that felt wronged and complained, is still here? Rest my case. Too bad that IB took over, live with it or leave. Now there's common sense for you. WHy carry on this topic, i'ts clear cut and it's DONE! ? I'm just playing devils advocate here and pointing out the obvious from a managent standpoint. Let's not get jaded and caught up in others qualms that we know nothing about. The only reason I posted here is that it seemed all one sided and not fair to talk about somthing without giving the background info on it. Dude was being stubborn. That's that.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sense when is ignorance of the law a defence?LOL I know this isn't real world man. But damn .....look where this is going guys. For those who don't want to see, when have so many people been up in arms on here. We are all pretty sick of the atmosphere that IB has brought with it. This si no longer us...it's ran by a business. Profit thier only motive.
There is a problem. I have never seen so many (and big name regular too) people say this place sux. It was always nothing but love before the adds came. IB is going to run this horse into the ground and most of you don't give a ****.
I came here to be with a group of like minded men and women. I don't come here to get my Toby KIETH AND eBAY ON.

Yeah because all these big name regulars miss enjoying all the bias's and extra slack they received with the old management. Now things will be finally fair, and not so much of a Popularity contest like it was before. Glad to see a site where new blood is managing and now maybe some "new" members can ask questions freely without worrying about stepping on "this or that person's toes". I think its all GREAT!!! It will only get better. You'll see. Change does not hurt, it's our reluctance to change that causes all the hardships, hard feelings, and bad blood not to mention the drama. Things grow on you, much like the new SS. I hated the fat pig with SUV wheels at first, but now! NOw I think it's quite nice (still keeping my fourth gen though ). I love the community here but I think it IS time for a change. I'm tired of reading threads started by a new guy only to have to see responses like "is this even a real thread" posted by mods no less. Give us a break, let the new guys learn and keep in mind that doesn't alwys work right OR apply to everyone. SOme newbs don't even know it's a bad thing to not trying searching first. Do you think I read EVERY sticky before posting? Nope! I have a life too, and sometimes our problems are unique enough that it warrants a dedicated thread. Anything else sir?

Last edited by oddwraith; 06-24-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not to be a dick or anything but was he on the 793hp tune when you raced him? or was 793 a race gas/high boost dyno number & he was on a street tune? Im just curious...
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

It's obvious neither side is going to sway the other. I respect the fact you have your opinion, you are entitled to it......no matter how wrong it is.

I'm pulling my dog from this fight. Tired of hearing poodles squeel.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah becaue all these big name regulars miss enjoying all the bias's and extra slack they received with the old management. Now things will be finally fair, and not so much of a Popularity contest like it was before. Glad to see a site where new blood is managing and now maybe some "new" members can ask questions freely without worrying about stepping on "this or that person's toes". I think its all GREAT!!! It will only get better. You'll see. Change does not hurt, it's our reluctance to change that causes all the hardships, hard feelings, and bad blood not to mention the drama. Things grow on you, much like the new SS. I hated the fat pig with SUV wheels at first, but now! NOw I think it's quite nice (still keeping my fourth gen though ). I love the community here but I think it IS time for a change. I'm tired of reading threads started by a new guy only to have to see responses like "is this even a real thread" posted by mods no less. Give us a break, let the new guys learn and keep in mind that doesn't alwys work right OR apply to everyone. SOme newbs don't even know it's a bad thing to not trying searching first. Do you think I read EVERY sticky before posting? Nope! I have a life too, and sometimes our problems are unique enough that it warrants a dedicated thread. Anything else sir?
damn man you sound exactly like president obama LOL jk jk..

i agree with you but we have to respect old members, after all, they were the one that provided this site with all the info we have now
Old 06-24-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

No, since he was wronged and he is standing up for himself based on principle, not based on rules that are enfrorced by people with little to no common sense. He stood up for himself since he felt wronged. The mod in question stood BY himself even when he was wrong. Close but no cigar. Power to the people and screw all the bureaucratic bs. Let me ask this;

If I am so off base here, why would Sarge be removed from mod status and yet the person in question that felt wronged and complained, is still here? Rest my case. Too bad that IB took over, live with it or leave. Now there's common sense for you. WHy carry on this topic, i'ts clear cut and it's DONE! ? I'm just playing devils advocate here and pointing out the obvious from a managent standpoint. Let's not get jaded and caught up in others qualms that we know nothing about. The only reason I posted here is that it seemed all one sided and not fair to talk about somthing without giving the background info on it. Dude was being stubborn. That's that.
No one is saying you are way off base. We are simply showing you the other perspective. But, to answer your question, Catering to whiney crybabies. It's not just this situation, it has been going on for a few months now. Prior to this situation, my log ons were WAY more spaced out. I'm simply tired of seeing the n00bs having their hands held. Like I said, IF this site continues down this path, it should be renamed to LS1librooltech.com. Why? because the bitchy whiney crybabies get what they want instead of htose that have put their time to help others. Where's the 'fairness' in that? Long time members have earned the respect via passing along knowledge. (please don't respond with "it's an inet forum dude", I think you know what I mean). N00b's come in here and spout their ricer, ill-informed squabble and no mod/admin tells them to STFU...IE: no one puts them in their place anymore. If a regular does, they get told to shoosh and stop talking down on the members. Hell...guess what, SARGE HIMSELF has told me to ease off a bit. (ironic). Unit used to put them in their place, Jay was a tad more leniant, but also did it when it was necessary. Jay needed help and Sarge came in. Sarge tried to get back to the way it was. (nothing against Jay, as I think he's a great mod).

Yeah becaue all these big name regulars miss enjoying all the bias's and extra slack they received with the old management. Now things will be finally fair, and not so much of a Popularity contest like it was before. Glad to see a site where new blood is managing and now maybe some "new" members can ask questions freely without worrying about stepping on "this or that person's toes". I think its all GREAT!!! It will only get better. You'll see. Change does not hurt, it's our reluctance to change that causes all the hardships, hard feelings, and bad blood not to mention the drama. Things grow on you, much like the new SS. I hated the fat pig with SUV wheels at first, but now! NOw I think it's quite nice (still keeping my fourth gen though ). I love the community here but I think it IS time for a change. I'm tired of reading threads started by a new guy only to have to see responses like "is this even a real thread" posted by mods no less. Give us a break, let the new guys learn and keep in mind that doesn't alwys work right OR apply to everyone. SOme newbs don't even know it's a bad thing to not trying searching first. Do you think I read EVERY sticky before posting? Nope! I have a life too, and sometimes our problems are unique enough that it warrants a dedicated thread. Anything else sir?
Biased?....slack?..dude, come on. I was publicly warned by Sarge a few times and I talk to him personally. I was also publicly 'slapped' by Unit. Dont' think because there are some members that are tight nit (namely in SRK) that we dont' get slapped from time to time.

Originally Posted by raysadude
damn man you sound exactly like president obama LOL jk jk..

i agree with you but we have to respect old members, after all, they were the one that provided this site with all the info we have now
Funny you say that....I was thinking 'liberated' LS1tech. Hmmm. Coincidence?

respect for old members are going out the window. And that's Part of the point.

Last edited by ponygt65; 06-24-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

LSxTECH should be the name unless its used. I'm looking into what it takes now. A lot of knowledge wants to leave from what I am getting.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oddwraith

As for the old timers being harsh on newbs

1. show me a board you can join where you don't get hazed a bit for being new.
2This site is the least I have seen.
3. Sometimes the old timers need to put people in thier place. It is better to read and learn before you run your **** holster/dick beaters. Now more than ever we need to police ourselves sense the mods no longer have the power to do it themselves.
Missed this post SCott........but I agree.

Quick Reply: Raced a Friends 793hp Supra.