Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First "Race" with the new set up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
The 115 was at SIR....we all know how that track is lol. And your H/C car sounded very nice man. You like the stroker kit? Spray or is it just motor? And I appriciate your look out though. I have read the stories and whatnot, but everyone in Tucson goes to him, and even the guy down here told me too, so I took a gamble. Hopefully nothing serious does arise. The ls7 clutch didn't like the torque I guess? That sucks...that is the clutch I am running lol. What tracks did you run at? Firebird or sw?
SIR is about on par with terrible *** Fireslick....Thanks for the props. I loved the 384 I built. Thing was a beast.... The LS7 clutch had disengagement issues and like you said, just didn't like the added torque/power. So I threw in a regular old SPEC flywheel and SPEC 3 clutch and it worked well. I wouldn't recommend SPEC to anyone unless they had prior experience with them...

Only track I use is Fireslick.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
That's what I like to hear right there
Hehe, thanks man
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My next clutch will be a Monster I think...just the 10 bolt will hate me for it. Yea, the 384 sounds like it would be damn nice. I need to hurry up and run at SIR and see what this will do. What are the DA's at fireslick? I know the track prep isn't that great, but how about the air itself.