Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SS vs FZ6

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SS vs FZ6

So I've had this car for like a year and never really raced it at all, but I've been itching to so I have something to compare it to. Today my buddy picked up a new bike. It's an 06 FZ6, it isn't the fastest bike in the world but it is pretty damn fast, I have an 05 FZ6 and statistically it runs an 11.32 sec @ 118.01mph in the quarter! I know what you are thinking but no, it's not his first bike, and yes, he knows how to ride

Anyways, after riding my FZ6 around I figured my car might be close to it, but would probably lose...well today my buddy wanted to find out. We had 3 decent highway pulls, all starting around 45-50mph and ending at ~135mph. I was consistently dead even (he jumped twice) with him or pulling slightly! We both agreed afterwards that the car was faster, at least for these highway rolls.

I was really impressed with the car, mostly because I have an EXTREMELY restrictive exhaust system on it right now. I can't wait to see what happens if/when we rematch with the ORY chopped back in, I should pull away from him pretty good
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Launching!

good kill man, your car runs good.. i imagine the FZ probably falls on its face around 140, doesnt it? lol my bike doesnt even pull past 120.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

wow I would think 475 rwhp would kill a FZ6. My Fz6 ran 11.85@115.xx my SS went 11.84@119.xx with a crate ls6. I'll get my friend to ride the bike one day and we'll run just like you did. But from a roll I think the SS will walk the bike. I walked a gsxr of unknown year and had a passenger once to about 150mph
Old 07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Cars definitely not at 475rwhp right now, a factory exhaust would probably flow 300% better then the crap that's on there now. Dyno was before I had a bad encounter with the police and county emissions. Strange thing is, even at 475rwhp I wouldn't have as good as a power to weight ratio as the bike

Yeah the bike pulls pretty good till 130 then starts crawling from there, he shut down around that point each time, else things would have gotten real ugly from there for the bike.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya from a roll a car has a better chance of winning. Put me on that bike from a dig and I will bust your a$$ all day long . No doubt I can get that Fz6 into the high 10's or low 11's with nothing but a sprocket and a filter.

Good kill though, but ya the FZ6 will start slowing down over 130, about 145 she's about done for. My FZ1 will barely pull 160mph.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSex
So I've had this car for like a year and never really raced it at all, but I've been itching to so I have something to compare it to. Today my buddy picked up a new bike. It's an 06 FZ6, it isn't the fastest bike in the world but it is pretty damn fast, I have an 05 FZ6 and statistically it runs an 11.32 sec @ 118.01mph in the quarter! I know what you are thinking but no, it's not his first bike, and yes, he knows how to ride

Anyways, after riding my FZ6 around I figured my car might be close to it, but would probably lose...well today my buddy wanted to find out. We had 3 decent highway pulls, all starting around 45-50mph and ending at ~135mph. I was consistently dead even (he jumped twice) with him or pulling slightly! We both agreed afterwards that the car was faster, at least for these highway rolls.

I was really impressed with the car, mostly because I have an EXTREMELY restrictive exhaust system on it right now. I can't wait to see what happens if/when we rematch with the ORY chopped back in, I should pull away from him pretty good
Good kill.

I hear ya about the exhaust thing...I have stock exhaust and I've read that other FI guys on corvette forums that changed their stock exhaust to a full 3" exhaust have gained 50-100 rwhp throughout the rpm range..
Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Good kill.

I hear ya about the exhaust thing...I have stock exhaust and I've read that other FI guys on corvette forums that changed their stock exhaust to a full 3" exhaust have gained 50-100 rwhp throughout the rpm range..
I believe it, my drivers side exhaust is basically a catted straw...
Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

We ran my ss and the FZ6 yesturday and the car spun and I hit the limiter in 1st and it still walked the bikeit was a good run but the car pulls so much harder up top.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

sweet kill