Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

RAPED an 07 Cobalt SS and..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Haha, well said Gaunt. I agree, people who see our numbers here in AZ aren't too impressed but to us, we know how shitty our air/gas and HEAT is. All kill power, big time. Hell, my junk is slow to me as well... But it sure is fun to cruise around in

Understandable, PD blowers like to eat clutches. Just ask the 03/04 Cobra owners Thanks for your input though man, appreciate it.

Haha, that's funny ****. So you've got a SS/TC with a turbo swap in the making? How will the power band be affected by the swap? Curious to know as these goddamn SS/TCs are pretty intriguing to me.

And I appreciate you throwing in your two cents man, that's what makes this place fun. And I agree, a little 300hp DI 4 banger makes for a fun DD to kick the **** out of the retards and their slow "performance" vehicles.

I have. I've driven my cousins old nitrous/bolt on SRT4 and it was pretty quick. Wasn't fast enough to beat my cam/bolt on SS though...

You want to talk about "put a smile on your face", try driving a 900whp turbo 408 WS6. Now THAT will put a smile on your face

Much like anything else
o so true
Old 07-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587

Haha, that's funny ****. So you've got a SS/TC with a turbo swap in the making? How will the power band be affected by the swap? Curious to know as these goddamn SS/TCs are pretty intriguing to me.
The powerband is completely different actually. Before I was stock with a tune. Power came on real fast, had full spool by 2500 rpm and the car had a nice strong tourqey feel to it but you could feel the power starting to fall off at 5000 rpm. Since then I did a full exhaust (still on the stock exhaust manifold though) cai, new charge piping, intercooler, and big turbo swap. The car is way different now. The low end power is pretty shitty. From 3500 and up it's ok but the turbo doesn't fully spool until 4600 rpm. At this point the car becomes an animal all the way up to the 7500 redline. It pulls dead even with my vette up top. The car is definitely fun and nobody expects to get stomped on by a shitty cobalt. I think with a new manifold and more tuning I can pick some more low end but for now I leaving it as is(saving for a tt stroker for the vette).
Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
The powerband is completely different actually. Before I was stock with a tune. Power came on real fast, had full spool by 2500 rpm and the car had a nice strong tourqey feel to it but you could feel the power starting to fall off at 5000 rpm. Since then I did a full exhaust (still on the stock exhaust manifold though) cai, new charge piping, intercooler, and big turbo swap. The car is way different now. The low end power is pretty shitty. From 3500 and up it's ok but the turbo doesn't fully spool until 4600 rpm. At this point the car becomes an animal all the way up to the 7500 redline. It pulls dead even with my vette up top. The car is definitely fun and nobody expects to get stomped on by a shitty cobalt. I think with a new manifold and more tuning I can pick some more low end but for now I leaving it as is(saving for a tt stroker for the vette).
That's awesome man! Nothing like the violent "push" from a turbo car as it starts to get "chuggin" along