Obnoxious Mustang GT vs. B4C

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
You're ******* retarded.

/thread.
Ahh come on, it's just a 2-valve lol. It's not that serious!

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
You shouldn't talk about things you have no idea about. The LS1, in my opinion, actually has weaker internals than the Ford. The pistons in the LS1 are not very happy with boost or nitrous unless the tune is spot on. Both are not going to take much abuse without shitting out parts. Thats why the companies that make forged pistons and good rods are still in business. Does a bolt on LS1 outperform a 2v with a small shot, yes it should. Its bigger and flows more air. The 4.6 2v is at a fairly big disadvantage when it gets compared to a larger engine with better heads. Not defending Ford but damn the numbers are obvious for anyone with a half a brain. Now the 4v Fords equal the playing field pretty quickly especially when they are boosted.
An LS1 can handle a 150-shot on the "stock" tune just fine. Why would you think you would need a "spot on" tune to run nitrous reliably on an LS? Maybe you shouldn't talk about things you have no idea about.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Ever car I have worked on (which was equipped with nitrous) has been on stock tune, and 93 octane spray 125 with NO problems. Hell when I put the first kit on my car I sprayed it on pump gas, stock tune with 125 dry, with TR55s, jetted BEHIND the MAF (due to nitrous ignorance) atleast once a weekend for a year. When I recently forged my engine pistons looked good (except for a little bit of tapping the valves), rods looked good, even the rod and main bearings were worn conservatively. The only continous problems I seen with the LS1 engine are when the factory rods and rod bolts start taking a beating from spinning 6500+ and they spin a bearing. but we all know the factory bolts are not meant for that and a powder press rod isn't worth **** anyway.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Ahh come on, it's just a 2-valve lol. It's not that serious!

An LS1 can handle a 150-shot on the "stock" tune just fine. Why would you think you would need a "spot on" tune to run nitrous reliably on an LS? Maybe you shouldn't talk about things you have no idea about.
Just because you can doesn't make it smart.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

This thread is Funnay. LOL.......

***sits back in lounge chair with his beer and smiles***
Old 07-10-2009, 12:39 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Sweet thread. What is this " nitrus " you guys speak of?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Sweet thread. What is this " nitrus " you guys speak of?
IDK...but I know what nitrous is.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Launching!

This guys sound like a RAGING tool but never fear as I think it's something that comes with owning a burgundy mustang. I only say this because there is a EPIC MEGA RAGING TOOL on base where I live who has a 05 - 09 GT also burgundy. This guy man let me tell you what he alone makes your guy seem nice to hang with,trust me ! Hopefully I'll be able to get the same kind run you did with yours and put and end to this world wide mustang tooling.

Nice kill by the way.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Just because you can doesn't make it smart.
He isnt the only one. I have no issues and i know a ton of other people that are even spraying more without a problem. Might want to check out the nitrous section before making statements like that becouse a 150 shot is VERY common. Only thing you need is prob a 255 pump and some colder plugs and some timing pulled and your ready to go been doing it for years. And if that still scares you then all you have to do is progress it a little to weaken the initial hit . There are also guys over 200 on stock internals and have been doing it for a good while. Im not sure that a 99 mustang stock internals can handle 600rwhp im not up on the 2vs as much i know the ls1 can for sure!

Last edited by 2001z; 07-11-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2001z
Only thing you need is prob a 255 pump and some colder plugs and some timing pulled and your ready to go been doing it for years. And if that still scares you then all you have to do is progress it a little to weaken the initial hit .
That post was a response to him saying you can do it on the stock tune. You are talking about tuning it and having a good fuel pump, plugs and other things to make it live. Which is pretty much what I had said to begin with.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

That post was a response to him saying you can do it on the stock tune. You are talking about tuning it and having a good fuel pump, plugs and other things to make it live. Which is pretty much what I had said to begin with.
Bottom line YOU DO NOT NEED a "spot-on" tune, as you refer to it, to run nitrous on an LS1 reliably. A 100-150 shot will work on a stock tune all day and night.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackbob
This guys sound like a RAGING tool but never fear as I think it's something that comes with owning a burgundy mustang. I only say this because there is a EPIC MEGA RAGING TOOL on base where I live who has a 05 - 09 GT also burgundy. This guy man let me tell you what he alone makes your guy seem nice to hang with,trust me ! Hopefully I'll be able to get the same kind run you did with yours and put and end to this world wide mustang tooling.

Nice kill by the way.
Yeah I wouldn't mind it too bad except for the fact he called me boy like I was his bitch and actually yells.......

And the boy thing is weird because today I had to pick up a plug gapper and I found out he works at the local Oreilley's..... I didn't talk to him because it was busy but lets just say that I'm short, like 5'7" , but I'm pretty stocky and this kid is actually shorter, skinny as a rail, and definitely looks younger than 20. I think he was a little speechless when he saw me and realized I'm definitely older than him and had probably made a bigger *** of himself than he thought when he called me boy like that.

Also talked to someone that knows him at work and he is 20 and his bottle was empty so no nitrous. He did admit his car did get destroyed though His ONLY mods are 100 shot nitrous, exhaust, and a CAI. I told the guy if he talks to him again to email me when he gets the bottle full and he can follow me to the track. Also said to tell him to drive a little saner on the street.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did he have a good tune? If so then you have proven my point if not he was lucky.
no tune.we installed it and ran it at the track 2 hours later.The bottom end of the LS1 is damn near bullet proof.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You know what? I don't give a ****. If someone wants to spray their car without tuning for it so be it.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

Jesus ******* **** I swear you ****-sticks will argue over ANYTHING.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001z
He isnt the only one. I have no issues and i know a ton of other people that are even spraying more without a problem. Might want to check out the nitrous section before making statements like that becouse a 150 shot is VERY common. Only thing you need is prob a 255 pump and some colder plugs and some timing pulled and your ready to go been doing it for years. And if that still scares you then all you have to do is progress it a little to weaken the initial hit . There are also guys over 200 on stock internals and have been doing it for a good while. Im not sure that a 99 mustang stock internals can handle 600rwhp im not up on the 2vs as much i know the ls1 can for sure!
Originally Posted by Demon 383
Bottom line YOU DO NOT NEED a "spot-on" tune, as you refer to it, to run nitrous on an LS1 reliably. A 100-150 shot will work on a stock tune all day and night.
Originally Posted by need4fun2469
no tune.we installed it and ran it at the track 2 hours later.The bottom end of the LS1 is damn near bullet proof.
Ok.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...explained.html

First post that started that section....Now if Demon knew as much about tuning as he's leading on, he'd know that a spot on tune means SAFE....which is what was posted in the nitrous section. And THAT is what Mani was saying. 'Spot on' means no lean spikes, smooth A/F graph and a 'safe' degree of timing.

Pulled timing, increased A/F, colder plugs....for 200shot.

Now for teh 'darn near bullet proof' comment. Maybe I'm more ignorant than I realize, but aren't the LS internals in question hyperu-crappy pistons/rods.

You know what? I don't give a ****. If someone wants to spray their car without tuning for it so be it.
+1
Old 07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Hey Pony, since you always feel the need to run to the rescue of others like were not all grown men and we can't handle ourselves on the INTERNET, I guess i'll speak on behalf of Demon. Try not being a miserable douche bag all the time and make some sense about things for a change! You made your prickish remarks to the guy and yet he did not respond to you. Why not just leave it at that? Seems like you have a nack for guys that cars make LOTS and LOTS of horsepower. You know, guys that just don't talk but actually back their **** up. Take a chill pill, some prozack, riddlin', something..........chill out! Mike is a good guy, a very close friend and worked at Force Fed Peformance in Northern, CA for 9 years, a shop that specializes in GM LT1/LS1 cars. I don't think we need you attaching stickies bout "How much an LS1 Bottom End can Handle". I'm pretty sure we already know that much!

First post that started that section....Now if Demon knew as much about tuning as he's leading on, he'd know that a spot on tune means SAFE....which is what was posted in the nitrous section. And THAT is what Mani was saying. 'Spot on' means no lean spikes, smooth A/F graph and a 'safe' degree of timing.

Pulled timing, increased A/F, colder plugs....for 200shot.
Come on now, you can't be that dense. You know by spot on tune we're referring to a Dynotune. You do not NEED a dyno tune OR mail order tune to run a mild 100-150-shot of nitrous. A lot of guys pull timing for insurance as we know, but just as many squeeze on the stock tune and are successful at it. I have done it, he has done it, and many guys in our club, local area, and even on this board have ran a shot on the stock tune without pulling a single degree of timing. If you have a quality kit and an engine in sound condition you can run a 150 shot on the stock tune over and over again with no problem. I did for 3 years on my first F-bod ('99 Formula) with no issues. It's not a good idea to speak on things you have no idea about. I don't even know why your a member on here considering you know nothing about LS1's, and the bad part is your not even willing to learn but instead remain a hard head. You can atleast retain some of the information. Or maybe it would be better for you just to stick to Ford's.

Now for teh 'darn near bullet proof' comment. Maybe I'm more ignorant than I realize, but aren't the LS internals in question hyperu-crappy pistons/rods.
Just take a look around and see how many LS1's are running 100-200 shot on the stock bottom end. Like I said, RETAIN some of the information.

Rant Over.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Hey Pony, since you always feel the need to run to the rescue of others like were not all grown men and we can't handle ourselves on the INTERNET, I guess i'll speak on behalf of Demon. Try not being a miserable douche bag all the time and make some sense about things for a change! You made your prickish remarks to the guy and yet he did not respond to you. Why not just leave it at that? Seems like you have a nack for guys that cars make LOTS and LOTS of horsepower. You know, guys that just don't talk but actually back their **** up. Take a chill pill, some prozack, riddlin', something..........chill out! Mike is a good guy, a very close friend and worked at Force Fed Peformance in Northern, CA for 9 years, a shop that specializes in GM LT1/LS1 cars. I don't think we need you attaching stickies bout "How much an LS1 Bottom End can Handle". I'm pretty sure we already know that much!

Come on now, you can't be that dense. You know by spot on tune we're referring to a Dynotune. You do not NEED a dyno tune OR mail order tune to run a mild 100-150-shot of nitrous. A lot of guys pull timing for insurance as we know, but just as many squeeze on the stock tune and are successful at it. I have done it, he has done it, and many guys in our club, local area, and even on this board have ran a shot on the stock tune without pulling a single degree of timing. If you have a quality kit and an engine in sound condition you can run a 150 shot on the stock tune over and over again with no problem. I did for 3 years on my first F-bod ('99 Formula) with no issues. It's not a good idea to speak on things you have no idea about. I don't even know why your a member on here considering you know nothing about LS1's, and the bad part is your not even willing to learn but instead remain a hard head. You can atleast retain some of the information. Or maybe it would be better for you just to stick to Ford's.

Just take a look around and see how many LS1's are running 100-200 shot on the stock bottom end. Like I said, RETAIN some of the information.

Rant Over.
WOW>..great, it's my Favorite Panty waste E-thug. And here I thought we were getting along so well.

Hmmm OH the Hypocrisy in your post. "I" come to the rescue, yet you just came in and did the same to another member?...WOW>....yet, ANOTHER hypocritical move on your part. I'm not surprised though. THat's you.

When did ANYONE say NO ONE DOES IT?...In fact, I believe Mani, others, and myself are saying IT'S NOT ******* SMART to do it.

Now brainiac......spot on ******* tune means safe.....hmmm, I believe a Dyno tune (or at least some sense of real time datalogging) constitutes SAFE/SPOT ON. Sheesh, are you always this stupid, or only when your on a board? I mean, are you one of these, I'm different in real life characters, or are you a full time badass?

Finally, oh master-bater, I love how you didn't address the 'internals' portion of my post. And to answer your rehtorically LAME question, I'm on this board to correct ignorant fools like yourself on mustangs.

And....if I'm SO FAR LOST on LS1's and the capabilities of running a bottle, how is it I'm not the only one saying what I am? In fact, I DO believe, I'm the only MUSTANG guy saying what I am.

EDIT: IDK which "Mike" you're talking about, btu if it's the one that I referenced in teh Link...IDK what you're getting at, as I agree with what he's saying. ? ? ? He said A SAFE TUNE, which is also what Mani's saying.
Originally Posted by blacktransam
Now this question has many variables.. and you will hear everything from a 75 shot on stock fuel to 150 to 200 on bolt on only motors.. the amount of nitrous the stock LS1 can handle is really not your question.. what you want to know is the potential power output to the wheels of your motor reliably and consistently..

I like to go from personal experience.. not what I have heard.. in order to spray a 200+ shot into your car make sure you have plenty of fuel.. a a/f in the 11's is what i prefer.. some say thats rich.. but I also like to give my car a 200 hit on pump gas from time to time.. a conservative timing setting of 24-26* is ideal in my eyes.. and ALL the proper supporting equipment.. Fuel pressure safety switch.. Window switch.. race gas in HIGH HP applications any thing you can do.. you can not be to safe..

Guys the stock bottom end is alot tougher than most make it out to be.. and if you use your spray wisely and conservatively your LS1 will take a 200+ shot for a long time to come.. make sure your tune is spot on.. make sure you have your supporting equipment in place..
SO where exactly am I confused and where does my post dictate that response Arctic?

Last edited by ponygt65; 07-13-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

I feel sorry for dynotune04.....he must be confused as **** reading this.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Yes I love it B4c Dominates POOstang
Old 07-14-2009, 12:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Jesus ******* **** I swear you ****-sticks will argue over ANYTHING.
thats funny

Quick Reply: Obnoxious Mustang GT vs. B4C