Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2002 Z06 vs GT500

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey good kill man. I love those gt500s. The ones with the new body styling (2010) are just plain ugly! Looks like a damn chinese car!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good kill!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

sure its bench racing..just wait and see how that "ol pushrod" fares against whatever the blue oval has..I love the GT500s but they're heavy....er pigs and that'll prolly be part of the reason they won't keep up..even mod for mod
Old 01-03-2010, 05:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
sure its bench racing..just wait and see how that "ol pushrod" fares against whatever the blue oval has..I love the GT500s but they're heavy....er pigs and that'll prolly be part of the reason they won't keep up..even mod for mod
The new Camaros are pigs too.

The new GT is going to be closer to the Camaro, than the new Camaro is to the Cobra.

BTW I thought GM has it's hands cuffed as far as making any NEW FAST cars?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

they did until the Camaro outsold the Mustang this year so bad, they couldn't ignore the potential sales with the Z28, so the program is back on as of a few months ago. Granite, with the new engine coming out in the mustang, sales will probably be more of a split. I realize we're getting off subject from the op's thread but it looks like we're the only ones keeping it alive anyway.

I know the new camaros are pigs too but I guess thats helping with traction for both cars..still like to see them go on a diet from the factory
Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you care? You're not going to buy a Z28 so what's the difference?
Why do people talk **** about cars that they don't own (or cars that don't
even exist)? It's ridiculous.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:43 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Why do you care? You're not going to buy a Z28 so what's the difference?
Why do people talk **** about cars that they don't own (or cars that don't
even exist)? It's ridiculous.
Good morning
Old 01-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Good morning
Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
I see your dealing with the Mustang vs LS battle. LMAO Those dam mustangs are junk! Thats why I bought one also!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

they did until the Camaro outsold the Mustang this year so bad,
Could I get the numbers? (Not doubting you, I just want to see the numbers because I am curious) And I'd have HOPPED SO. They haven't made one since 02. (Because of poor sales) People have been waiting in line for a new Camaro for 8 years. Had it NOT outsold the Mustang, GM would be horribly embarrassed.

Now what do you think will happen in 2011 when the 6spd 5.0 GT comes back?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SStheBest
Good kill OP! Im hopin to get my cam setup by this summer. I like your setup...but im sorry lol for not changing the clutch. Man what are you thinkin
Lol thanks. I knew the LS6 clutch wouldn't last long but with how little I drive the car I just wanted to get a couple 1/4 runs out of it this past summer. Turns out it didn't quite hold but came close for a couple runs. I'm waiting to see what Monster comes out with this month as far as a twin. I'll either be going with some sort of stage 3 or a spec 3+. I really don't want any chatter. Not looking forward to the swap and the $800 in parts either!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Red99TA, your cardomain thread was like **** to me. I love red/blue colors in the engine.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Red99TA, your cardomain thread was like **** to me. I love red/blue colors in the engine.
Lol, thanks. When I bought my car I was contemplating getting a Z06 with the red/black interior option but I think that would've been a little too much red for me.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

they did until the Camaro outsold the Mustang this year so bad, they couldn't ignore the potential sales with the Z28, so the program is back on as of a few months ago. Granite, with the new engine coming out in the mustang, sales will probably be more of a split. I realize we're getting off subject from the op's thread but it looks like we're the only ones keeping it alive anyway.

I know the new camaros are pigs too but I guess thats helping with traction for both cars..still like to see them go on a diet from the factory
granted?

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Could I get the numbers? (Not doubting you, I just want to see the numbers because I am curious) And I'd have HOPPED SO. They haven't made one since 02. (Because of poor sales) People have been waiting in line for a new Camaro for 8 years. Had it NOT outsold the Mustang, GM would be horribly embarrassed.

Now what do you think will happen in 2011 when the 6spd 5.0 GT comes back?
hoped, not hopped fuzzy bunny.

not much is going to happen in 2011 for stang sales with the new 5.0. women buy v6 mustangs, not v8 ones. they wont care about the new engines.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Nice Kill!! I also break off GT-500's around here. My friends dad has pretty much all bolt ons like Pullie, Exhaust etc... I still pull on him hard no problem. Those cars are just too heavy.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Lol thanks. I knew the LS6 clutch wouldn't last long but with how little I drive the car I just wanted to get a couple 1/4 runs out of it this past summer. Turns out it didn't quite hold but came close for a couple runs. I'm waiting to see what Monster comes out with this month as far as a twin. I'll either be going with some sort of stage 3 or a spec 3+. I really don't want any chatter. Not looking forward to the swap and the $800 in parts either!
cant blame you there. I too want to go with the spec stage 3(after mods call for it of course). Quick question for ya. Are you planning on chaning the slave and master? Or are you just gonna swap out the cltuch, plate, and bearing? Just curious....
Old 01-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
Good kill, to bad you didnt have a camera, But ever time I have a camera ready on a race I get beat lol

I just noticed your running a 232-234 comp cam. How do you like it?

I have one sitting in my garage waiting to in my V.
Hows the drivabilty and etc?
I like the cam a lot. It still does pretty good driving around in traffic and pulls hard up top. I get a little bit of surging when it's cold at lower rpm's but other than that it's great.

I do need a new clutch and I'm debating on the monster level 5 or a spec 3
Old 01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SStheBest
cant blame you there. I too want to go with the spec stage 3(after mods call for it of course). Quick question for ya. Are you planning on chaning the slave and master? Or are you just gonna swap out the cltuch, plate, and bearing? Just curious....
I put in the Tick adj master this summer to get rid of my sticking clutch issue (which just started after trying the stupid clutch fluid protocol that ranger put out - could've been b/c of the new mods too). Anyways, I definitely plan on a new slave and bearing while I'm in there too. Just want to eliminate all possible causes of the sticking clutch BS.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Red99TA
I put in the Tick adj master this summer to get rid of my sticking clutch issue (which just started after trying the stupid clutch fluid protocol that ranger put out - could've been b/c of the new mods too). Anyways, I definitely plan on a new slave and bearing while I'm in there too. Just want to eliminate all possible causes of the sticking clutch BS.
ehhh know what you mean....im currently stuck in SC bc of it. Im waiting on a new master cylinder to go in this week so i can GO HOME!!!!!!! (stationed in AR)
Old 01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

looks like the thread is back so I digress after I say..Kevin..look up the #s yourself..they're everywhere and Unit..I will buy a 5th Gen Z28 but after a few years when the price comes down. They will be the new Terminator...just got to figure out what we're going to call them.

Quick Reply: 2002 Z06 vs GT500