Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why do slow cars show off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
I find there are a few ricers and slow guys that are stupid enough to actually think they can beat a V8 car with a blower. Mine is obviously blown (loud blower whine) but some just get on it next to you so they can watch you get on your car, basically give them a show.
Yup exactly, some ppl. just like to see a fast car go. I've had many ppl. give me the get on it motion just to see the TA take off. I never let them down either lol.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 89tang
Yup exactly, some ppl. just like to see a fast car go. I've had many ppl. give me the get on it motion just to see the TA take off. I never let them down either lol.
Yes sir anytime there is a lusty audience. Just the other day had a couple of rednecks that looked like that " that thing got a hemi" commercial, get on their 85' Blazer with long tubes and Cherry Bombs hanging down, next to me. Left them in some tire smoke
Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Newschool...I have done that as well. Coming back from Phoenix down I-10, t tops off, bone stock just cruising, I had a single turbo supra come past us. We caught up, and raced like 4 times just to see how bad I would get **** on. It was horrible, but much fun. The guys I am referring too are the guys who show off, trying to impress everyone, and thinking just cuz they have a lil snail or a baby PD blower on their engine makes them fast.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats funny
Old 08-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
The guys I am referring too are the guys who show off, trying to impress everyone, and thinking just cuz they have a lil snail or a baby PD blower on their engine makes them fast.
I hate those kinda ppl. this usually is always a ricer that has a turbo on their honda. They think just cause they have this unmatched gigantic turbo on their honda that they are fast. They go around popping the blow off valve everywhere they go.........Cruising around in the GTP i've had a few turbo honda's and a modded turbo eclipse try to intimidate me by popping their blow off beside me, so i return the favor and they look like what the hell that thing has a fancy noise maker too. LOL.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Launching!

speaking of blow off valves, i've seen some companies actually sell devices that do nothing but make the same sound as a blow off valve!!! its bad enough they put turbos on those little weed whackers but now they can save the money and just use a tape recording!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jason00ss
speaking of blow off valves, i've seen some companies actually sell devices that do nothing but make the same sound as a blow off valve!!! its bad enough they put turbos on those little weed whackers but now they can save the money and just use a tape recording!!!
Now thats the definition of rice!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

Eh, there's always someone faster than you. I'm sure there are some guys in 8 second cars that wonder why I'm showing off my car.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

Thing is...I don't really show off. Not like that, infront of 50+ people at a public park, hauling *** through the place. IF I show off, its to friends either in my car, or racing them. Thats about it. But I generally agree Pushead....they see our cars at the drag strip and are like "why are they here..." lol.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Thing is...I don't really show off. Not like that, infront of 50+ people at a public park, hauling *** through the place. IF I show off, its to friends either in my car, or racing them. Thats about it. But I generally agree Pushead....they see our cars at the drag strip and are like "why are they here..." lol.
The only time I get to really show off is at firebird :/

sweet thunders dumped at the axle is pretty loud when i let the car burn out

Still going to be slow until I get this LQ9 dropped in though (one more week WOOT)
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gaunt
The only time I get to really show off is at firebird :/

sweet thunders dumped at the axle is pretty loud when i let the car burn out

Still going to be slow until I get this LQ9 dropped in though (one more week WOOT)
I am still slow, even when I eventually throw the 150 shot on it. Is there anything to do in Gilbert? I move there the 15th of this month.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pushead
Eh, there's always someone faster than you. I'm sure there are some guys in 8 second cars that wonder why I'm showing off my car.
Well that depends on how your showing off like Aznmuscle said if your flying through a parking lot like a jackass doing burnouts at every stoplight like your some badass then yeah they will probably wonder wtf is wrong with you.

Even someone with an 8 sec. ride will still respect a nicely built 12 sec. ride. Only an *** would be like ohh what a joke that's a crappy 12 sec. ride.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by enjoi355
some people are just wierd like that... like kids with 6 cyl f-bodies, mustang guys, and ricers
Around here we have nothing but ricers who act stupid. All the true car guys keep it real and safe.

I've had to deal with the same **** with my six cylinder and its normally those **** heads that have an almost stock honda, mazdas, Acuras, with normally a cold air intake, exhaust and they act like they have a race car telling me about there 12 second passes. They ask about my car and I tell them its a six, then they grow a pair of ***** then the **** talking begins. Them and normally their little crew.

"My honda, cavalier, Nissan sentra, is faster than that ****" and I tell them to **** off and my car even with six cylinders can still beat their ***, so then they start fallowing me in traffic keep reving their engine till they get a run or get a life. I can't tell you how many POS 18 second cars try and act ******* stupid around my camaro by doing burnouts and even almost getting into an accident just to get a run from me.

I even had a Built Bullet mustang **** with me 3 times in one day.

I can imagine it would be much worst if I had a V8 I'm sure id be celebrity status then with the ricers.

One night a guy this kid with a Hatch was talking all this **** to this guy with a stock LS1 Corvette, the guy ***** him up and they get back to the station and here's what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRnP8...e=channel_page

I guess he got put in his place.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Launching!

I agree that it does have a lot to do with who you hang out with. When I drove the WS6 (would take someone else's car around whenever I could lol) daily, the crowed I ran with most were other LS1's, either vettes or Fbodies. Most of the vettes had at least bolt-ons and the Fbodies some had cams, so I always knew my place if ya know what I mean. Since I got my GTP, I drive it everywhere and when I hang out with my VW buddy (he bought a new Rabbit), they all make me feel like the GTP (stock, BTW) is uber fast even though I know its a dog.

But lets face it, when ricers do get an ego, it's so fun to destroy it lol. I know, it's a social disorder lol.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Teching In

I feel slow in the group I run. T-T I used to think I was quite fast since I had the quickest car in school but I knew that's where my power ended. Haha.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One of you struck a chord. I had a stock looking '88 IROC, on 235/60R15 BFG DRs, and it was a 355 under the hood. Induction and headers, but stock valve covers, accessories, etc. A guy in a Supra actually led all his buddies over and asked me why I even bothered to show up (at the dragstrip) (that's the chord one of you struck) I pulled out a $100, it was all I had, I didn't go there planning on any betting. Well, he has to get his buddies to pitch in. I wish I still had the proof, but I ran a 10.21 to his 10.8-something. Before collecting my cash, I told them that that alone was why. Stomping their stupidity, arrogance and assumptions. But I took their cash anyway.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

For every idiot in an import theres an idiot in a domestic. I dont know how many "fast" 5.0 foxbodies i raped up down left right and sideways in my "shitty" 305 tpi z28. Take for instance the local hero. Everyone calls him tweak. Its a 98-00 z28 m6 thats been raped to hell and back. He talks **** to everyone he can get ahold of, only car i EVER heard him admit to losing to was a 600+awhp evo. He said he put bus lengths on a friends mid 11 second t/a. He always goes around revving at everyone and flapping his gums. We proceeded to race a few weeks ago, his oh so fast z28 vs my stock down to the paper filter 02 ss. At 115 i had a car on him. I run 13.5, but he still insists he beats on 11 second cars daily.

Meanwhile theres some imports around here that have built ls1 cars begging for mercy. Ricer isnt a type of car, its a mentality.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

I am still slow, even when I eventually throw the 150 shot on it. Is there anything to do in Gilbert? I move there the 15th of this month.
Wow, sorry for the late reply, but not much to do here in Gilbert to be quite honest.

Alcohol is the preferred method of passing the time. I rarely see any modded/faster cars in Gilbert, and it kind of makes me sad. I've seen one (count it one) F-body on slicks and skinnys pass me close to my house, but it was a one time deal....

Now... obviously you need to go into Tempe for anything, all bets are off on **** to do and people to race.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Yea, Tempe is always the **** when I roll through there. *******, I am leaving my small town, and I have seen like 6 new F bodies. One z28 with big and littles, a red T/A with spray, a H/C/stall z28 with ss hood, another SS with Dumps, among others.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

I had my Z28 out this weekend and a 4 door Saturn with a muffler and a two door Sebring tried to get me to race. Why waste my time?