Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why do slow cars show off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because the rice don't know they are slow.....They should.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two types of ppl come to mind. There are ones who are actually convinced they can take you because they bought a few parts at autozone. Others are ppl who just want to hear you get on it. Of course, the latter wants you to do it while in heavy traffic or an area where you have very little room to play..
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Launching!

Well **** i show off in my 2.2 s10 i got. if i see a mustang or any other performance car i always mess with them. and the reason is because its just funny. i know my truck is slow and they will beat me. its just funny as crap to see them try to race me and they think i can win. but yes i agree the rice trying to show off is a little different because when they race are cars they acctually think they are faster lol. although got to give it to some of them are pretty damn fast.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 828ls1formula
i know what you mean.. it never fails anywhere i go there is always some idiot ricer revin at me and tryin to race and evrytime i muder them.. but they keep comin back! Dumb asses lol
Yup, ive got a stupid lil Exhaust/Intake only civic hatchback revvin it at me all the time. I think he's looking for an *** beating though, showed up to the car wash 1 time while i was washing my car and just sat in his car looking at me. Lasted about 5minutes then he left....guess he's mad that i went after him for revving it up at my friends house. I stayed the night there awhile back, at 6a.m. i hear someone pass by revving it up. So i ask my friend who it is, she said idk so we looked out the window to try and see and sure enough, he turned around and came back revving it up again by the house. Idk about you guys but not only is that disrespectfull and some ***** **** but that puts it passed just wanting to race someone. Since then, everytime he see's me cruising he throws me a rev....

Last edited by Badguy7; 08-13-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by enjoi355
some people are just wierd like that... like kids with 6 cyl f-bodies, 6 cyl mustang guys, and ricers
Fixed that for you.

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Believe me when I tell you that a turbo 4 cylinder feels fast as hell when the turbo hits because its so slow to begin with.
Yeah I know what you mean. They thing about "speedy" (not fast) 4bangers is, you can push those cars to the limit on the regular roads. That's what makes them fun. I can't do that with my GT or the boys in blue will be pulling me over, and or I'd probably be all over the road. It's sad that a 4cyl car has to turbo their cars to even get close to a stock NewEdge. And those aren't even considered to be one of the really fast 8cyl cars.
Originally Posted by AznMuscle
News flash....13 seconds is not fast. Hell, IMO, 11's aren't anymore.
Originally Posted by 89tang
Only an *** would be like ohh what a joke that's a crappy 12 sec. ride.
LOL!

It may not be fast to YOU Azn, because you are used to faster cars, but anything that does 13s and below is a fast car.
but truely "fast" or "quick" cars are 9.99 at 130+ or faster. I want my DD to trap 120+...with A/C and cruise. Then, its a pretty fast street car. IMO anyway.
IMO indeed 9sec cars are obnoxiously fast.
Originally Posted by Pushead
Eh, there's always someone faster than you. I'm sure there are some guys in 8 second cars that wonder why I'm showing off my car.
EXACTLY! Even though he thinks 9secs is slow because he has a 8sec car.

It's ALL proportional. Any car that is faster than MOST cars on the road, is fast.

BTW I think people who use terms like "own" and "rape" and such when describing a car race come off as obnoxious. I wonder if they realize how they sound to other people. It comes off as obnoxious chest pounding.

*shrug*

Last edited by Ke^in; 08-14-2009 at 08:47 AM.