Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Freak Motor Or What? Just Curious... :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IBTL and OP you are full of ****. Why come onto a site like this one and try to bullshit?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by unit213

this is
Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Like i said, i dont know anything about the car really... I DO KNOW it has "Rebuilt" motor... Maybe some internal mods were done to it? Im not trying to bullshit anyone on here... On BFG's i get scratch going into third but on my new Ventus' i rarely break loose in second... I didnt post this to get ****, it was a serious question... I know my parts and i promise you the car is stock aside from the things you CANT see... ANd if i ever tear down the motor i will know if it has internals or not?!

I posted this because i was as baffled as you were... There is no way in hell i should be making the power im making... The guy i bought it from said it ran an 11.4 when he took it out after the "Rebuild"... Maybe its tuned?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lt1Powerz

I posted this because i was as baffled as you were... There is no way in hell i should be making the power im making... The guy i bought it from said it ran an 11.4 when he took it out after the "Rebuild"... Maybe its tuned?
If it is running an 11.4 then the motor is not stock at all. If it is running that kinda time the trap speed should be somewhere in the 120's, not something a 280 bhp LT1 is going to accomplish. Your looking at somewhere between 400 - 500 whp depending on how much your car weighs.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ .2

something is definately fishy here, even a fully built short block with ALL internal mods there are, fully done heads, and a bigger cam just not big enough to lope, would have issues making that much power.

check all though the car looking for weight reduction. btw my old 77 chevy used to scratch the **** outa second with 149 whp. dyno proven. it just shifted really hard.

Is this a full interior and accessories car?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

ps no matter what, if what your saying is true, your car has some major modifications.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

how much you buy it for and from who?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Teching In

I would say the easiest way to figure this out would be to get in your car on like a wends or friday night and drive it to the track then POST your timeslip. . . . . I bought a bone stock M6 97 trans am and the guy was 100% sure that his car would run low 12's as it sat, after i got done laughing at him and explaining how much would have to be done to an lt1 car to touch 12s he almost wouldnt sell me the car. . . Lol some people are just that way! i just like this smiley
Old 08-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A R1 on spray and a 'busa? Give me a break. Those bikes will completely destroy a 11.40 car.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

A R1 on spray and a 'busa? Give me a break. Those bikes will completely destroy a 11.40 car.

Was just going to post this. A Busa would make an 11.40 car look REALLY slow in a race.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Like i said, i dont know anything about the car really... I DO KNOW it has "Rebuilt" motor... Maybe some internal mods were done to it? Im not trying to bullshit anyone on here... On BFG's i get scratch going into third but on my new Ventus' i rarely break loose in second... I didnt post this to get ****, it was a serious question... I know my parts and i promise you the car is stock aside from the things you CANT see... ANd if i ever tear down the motor i will know if it has internals or not?!

1/8 or 1/4 mile?

Last edited by BT03mach-1; 08-04-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Launching!

trolllllllllllllllin'
Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yes he got it tuned, left everything stock on the outside and it now runs 11.40s and pulls on busas. I want your car.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i have had my Lt1 Camaro for about two weeks now and i have only been beaten by a Hyabusa on Meth, An R1 on Spray, and my buddies 00' WS6 Formula (He races cars for a living, so its kinda not fair anyways).

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Was just going to post this. A Busa would make an 11.40 car look REALLY slow in a race.
Ok guys...in his defense, he didn't claim to beat either of those two bikes. And meth or not on the Bus, it really wouldn't freaking matter (ask me how I know). He did say he beat tons of other bikes, but he didn't say what kind, I'm figuring V-Star 650's and the like......but either way, the OP is a little naive here, but at least he didn't claim to beat a sprayed liter bike or the best bike ever built...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Launching!

The car is full interior minus some small pieces like the t top holder, the cloth removable back seats, spare tire, etc... Its a California emissions car if that makes much of a difference so the smog pump has been disconnected for another 15whp or so... I havent pulled a bike bigger than a 650 or so... Maybe a gsxr but arent those 650's too? Im not a big bike fan so i dont know what kinds they are... I did run it at the track one time in the quarter and had shift kit issues and it wouldnt leave first gear but my trap was still 91mph and i didnt get it out of second until the 1/8th... Idk if thats great or not but i still ran a 16.1 with ALOT of problems lol. Since then i havent ran it... I paid 4k for the car from some old man that bought and sold muscle cars...

AGAIN, im not trying to blow smoke up anyone's *** here im being for real! I am just as baffled as everyone else here...
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Banned

The car is full interior minus some small pieces like the t top holder, the cloth removable back seats, spare tire, etc... Its a California emissions car if that makes much of a difference so the smog pump has been disconnected for another 15whp or so... I havent pulled a bike bigger than a 650 or so... Maybe a gsxr but arent those 650's too? Im not a big bike fan so i dont know what kinds they are... I did run it at the track one time in the quarter and had shift kit issues and it wouldnt leave first gear but my trap was still 91mph and i didnt get it out of second until the 1/8th... Idk if thats great or not but i still ran a 16.1 with ALOT of problems lol. Since then i havent ran it... I paid 4k for the car from some old man that bought and sold muscle cars...

AGAIN, im not trying to blow smoke up anyone's *** here im being for real! I am just as baffled as everyone else here...
GTFO troll.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

The guy is full of **** period