Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C LT1 Camaro vs H/C SS vs turbo Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default H/C LT1 Camaro vs H/C SS vs turbo Civic

H/C LT1 Camaro vs H/C LS! Camaro SS vs turbo Civic hatch

The runs were 3 lane runs with the LT1, the LS1, and the supposed 400WHP 1800lb civic hatch(I think that its more like mid to low 300s).

There was a car at the end taking vids (hopefully they will be up soon).

1st (attempted) race: DIG,
No one to flag, so I attempt to honk it off. The SS leaves BEFORE the second honk, the civic hit it right after and chase. I did not chase.
I'm pretty sure the SS stayed out in front and the civic sould not catch him.

2nd raceIG,
Bith the civic and the SS said they could not really hear the horn over my exhaust (cut out FTL). I yelled 1 2 3. The SS and I got of pretty even with him pulling about a bumper for a moment, then I started pulling and put a solid 4-5 cars (atleast) on both. I think that the SS and the civic were pretty close and the vid will have to show the winner between them.

After the dig run, the civic wanted to do a roll. I accepted, but wanted to go back to the meet for a little while to let the clutch cool. It flared a little on the 2-3 shift and I smelled clutch/brakes well before I hit the brakes

3rd race 45 roll:
After a little cool down and B.S'n, we want back out and lined them up.
The SS and I were side by side for a split second and I pulled away pretty good. The civic was a few cars back. With only 3.42s, I normally let out at the top of third (or right as I shift into fourth), but I did not want ANY excuses to come from the civic saying that I let out as he was pulling on me. So, I wound it out pretty close to the top of fourth. The civic was a good 4 cars back. I did not see where the SS was (it definately was not in my blind spot, lol), I'm pretty sure he let off well before the civic and I.

After the races there were no excuses. We went back to the meet and had a great time.

Unedited clip of the dig run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqIx4KyYWbI

The runs with the SS were a rematch/tie breaker from this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...camaro-ss.html

Last edited by mpe331lx; 08-16-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Teching In

good kills man...wish i had some action around here..no cars wanna race..
Old 08-16-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look man, no offense, but that guy in the SS can't drive. There is no reason your h/c lt1 should outrun a h/c ls1, unless he doesn't have it tuned or has a shitty setup, or a is just a horrible driver.

Good kills, but I don't get the SS.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Added vid of dig race.

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
Look man, no offense, but that guy in the SS can't drive. There is no reason your h/c lt1 should outrun a h/c ls1, unless he doesn't have it tuned or has a shitty setup, or a is just a horrible driver.

No offence taken. I am well aware of how fast a H/C ls1 SS should be. But the driver is the key to getting the car from point A to point B quicker then the other guy.

With that bieng said, it IS a mild set up with a fairly small cam (pretty sure its a 224/228 or a 228/232) and ported ls6 heads. The owner is not sure of the extent of the portwork.

It put down low 400s when it was an auto. It now has a 6 speed and he's just learning how to bang the gears.

The LT1 put down 412/367 before the cutout, so we are pretty damn close in power too.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Teching In

very nice
Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28

Man you really think pretty highley of ls1's every post you make you always throw the bs flag when something beats an ls1. You have no idea of either cars h/c setups yet you automatically think theres no way an h/c/i lt1 could beat an h/c ls1. You need to get ur head out of ur butt and realize there are some other quick cars out there that dont have ls1's in them..
Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpe331lx
Added vid of dig race.

No offence taken. I am well aware of how fast a H/C ls1 SS should be. But the driver is the key to getting the car from point A to point B quicker then the other guy.

With that bieng said, it IS a mild set up with a fairly small cam (pretty sure its a 224/228 or a 228/232) and ported ls6 heads. The owner is not sure of the extent of the portwork.

It put down low 400s when it was an auto. It now has a 6 speed and he's just learning how to bang the gears.

The LT1 put down 412/367 before the cutout, so we are pretty damn close in power too.
Nice races! Sounds like his setup is just like mine (224/228 and ported LS6 heads). I originally put down 400/367 and then just got it tuned for the cutout and put down 408/380. Before I ran 11.7 at 117 on a 55-60 degree day and so far I've only been to the track once on the new tune and ran an 11.7 at 117 on an 85-90 degree day. Hopefully I'll hit up a rental this Fall when it's a lot cooler out and maybe even get down to a good track in NJ instead of LVD so I can make a decent pass.

EDIT: I am running through heavy and geared drivetrain, just FYI. 12-bolt, 4.10s, MN12 trans, 3.5" driveshaft.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Not that its a big deal, a W is a W. But the S/B (the civic owner) is claiming that I won the roll by less then 4 cars. It may have been less. Its hard to judge exact car lengths looking in the rear view. But All that were at the end say it was atleastr a 4 car win.

His passenger took a vid too and I'm waiting on him to post it up. Titter caught the tail end of it.

If you pause it right at 5 seconds and a few tenths after, you can see that the LT1 is off the screen and the civic has not made it on yet. The screen looks like it takes up about 3 cars.

It is much clearer in the raw footage though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3FUBoSTP9A
Old 08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill phil, where u guys racing at? Im gonna start comming out, just need to get the garbage 315 street tires off this thing
Old 08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
Nice kill phil, where u guys racing at? Im gonna start comming out, just need to get the garbage 315 street tires off this thing

Ummmmm, mexico?

PM sent
Old 08-19-2009, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

id say those cars are pretty evenly matched pwoer wise. the lt1 may weigh just a little more cuz of the iron block, not sure, but at most 100lbs. so this was definitely a drivers match. sounds like a very well setup lt1. driver mod is def. the key here, which is why here the LTwon. get a rematch from an in car view as well as frmo the side, and in a little better lighting. and esp if this guy learns to drive, wed love to see the result. sounds like two perfectly matching cars

anyone else notice the rediculous amount of lt1 vs ls1 threads lately?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
Yes Great KILL!!! Im game next time this goes on!!! I just have to be intown for more than a couple hours lol
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tweak213
Yes Great KILL!!! Im game next time this goes on!!! I just have to be intown for more than a couple hours lol
I'll make sure to let you know when the next meet is.

Quick Reply: H/C LT1 Camaro vs H/C SS vs turbo Civic