Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

T67 camaro vs supercharged GTO

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we just had a baddass ls1tech meet tonight, slowsho got the vids ... was a fun night
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little surprised, that little t67 should have been spooled up almost instantly.

That thing had turbo lag like a t88

You guys are a bit south of me.. seems a bit far but it'd be good to meet up. Sounds like my car would be a good run for most of these other cars.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sciff5
I'm a little surprised, that little t67 should have been spooled up almost instantly.

You guys are a bit south of me.. seems a bit far but it'd be good to meet up. Sounds like my car would be a good run for most of these other cars.

That mazda must be a beast. id love to see it in person !

take a ride one night..
Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

You guys were filimin too lol, I won't be able to put anything together untill tomorrow night.

Good **** though, I knew that c6 race was gonna be close.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
You guys were filimin too lol, I won't be able to put anything together untill tomorrow night.

Good **** though, I knew that c6 race was gonna be close.
ya good times, i knew you were going to beat me but at least now i have something to compare to when I get my headers next month.

The c6 has the orignal tires that came with the car and hes at 17k. They are completly bald..

He didnt have any traction in 2nd or 3rd gear, in 3rd he kept going sideways and had to goose/ease the throttle a bit to keep it stright ....

Good turn out.

i can send you my vids if you want but my camera is just a still shot in video mode. Not very good to be honest but would be good to add to your vid. Your camera looked much better.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned

My tires aren't bald, but they are 245's and just plain don't hook on these cold roads, I was in on that peddling in/out with you guy lol
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
My tires aren't bald, but they are 245's and just plain don't hook on these cold roads, I was in on that peddling in/out with you guy lol
ya the second run we did I had a nice jump , I heard you spining in second gear lol...

it was cold out tonight, good for the motor but not good for the tires...

and the kid with the ls2 350z is a clown.. He was sprayin when he ran the C6 even though he was denying it.... after the race we were bothing coasting and i saw his cut out still had a blue flame burning... (basicly the nitrous buring off in the exhaust )

I mean why deny it, he saw it was a stock C6 and the race was just for fun....
Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
we just had a baddass ls1tech meet tonight, slowsho got the vids ... was a fun night
Can't wait to see the vids!!!

Well the turbo isnt laggy, its just that my tune blows and 2nd gear has like no power. From now on i think ill be breakboosting 3rd gear until i get the new goodies in and a retune
Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Resident

ya the second run we did I had a nice jump , I heard you spining in second gear lol...

it was cold out tonight, good for the motor but not good for the tires...

and the kid with the ls2 350z is a clown.. He was sprayin when he ran the C6 even though he was denying it.... after the race we were bothing coasting and i saw his cut out still had a blue flame burning... (basicly the nitrous buring off in the exhaust )

I mean why deny it, he saw it was a stock C6 and the race was just for fun....
yea he sprays and will deny it till he dies. i think its a 200 shot on top of that. thats mark rainville if ur curious who he is. no one is a fan..
Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 AM

Sounds like a fun time! I would have loved to make it out, but I was messing with my car. Hopefully I'll have the clutch problems figured out and fixed by Friday night and be able to cruise out this weekend. We can work on getting more LS1tech get togethers.

Can't wait to see the vids.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Banned

I'll throw a video together tonight.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM

How far south can you go? I wouldn't mind heading up north for a cruise sometime. Looks like you have a badass ride, I'd love to check it out in person.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
How far south can you go? I wouldn't mind heading up north for a cruise sometime. Looks like you have a badass ride, I'd love to check it out in person.
That mazda must be a beast. id love to see it in person !

take a ride one night..
Thanks guys

Other than the exhaust shes a sure a sleeper. With the paint peeling and spray painted hood.. most cars dont pay it much attention. I kinda like that.

I'm like 20 mins north of Rhode Island, so I'm in south eastern mass. Sounds like you guys are more westerly out by the worcester crew.

Sujomatt who did your tune?
Slowhawk helped make my car run harder than most others I know with the same setup. If you type my times and raceweight into any 1/4 calculator I should be making 400whp.. obviously I'm not even close to that. And he works on driveability too. Knowing him he would prob do a nasty SD tune on that thing and it would run better than stock and pull harder too. I know several people daily driving their SD tuned FI cars from him.

So she runs good for what she is but I'll tell you I get killed on any high roll, cause once I shift into 5th (which I have to do slowly because I dont have a reverse lockout and I can grind reverse if I'm not VERY careful) the car falls on its face, and thats 115mph with street tires and 120mph with the et streets.

Low rolls the car is pretty good. The 4.10 gears help a lot. I raced a bolt on ls3 c6 locally and I was basically even with him (he would slowly pull) up till I got into 5th and then he just started to run away hard. This was coming back from the NED where I was outrunning him because I had better 60's

As for the kid with the ls2 350z he posted a vid showing his car slowly pulling a Gixxer 750 claiming he was on a 75 shot. First thing I said was bad rider.. because its true.. only way a 3100lb vehicle with a mostly stock ls2 on a small shot is beating a bike (even a 600) is if the race is at very high speed and the bike starts hitting the big aerodynamic wall (600s struggle past 140 or so and 750s really dont have as much of a problem at 140) or if the rider sucks. The fact that he may be spraying more like a 200 shot makes things a bit more believable.

I told him on v8rx7forum.com that we should run motor/motor. It would be a good run. I would think he would actually have the advantage. I just like running. I dont know about bolting on the ET streets on the street though. I cant get them to really hook on the street at all like they'll hook at the track.

Last edited by sciff5; 09-02-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

funny u should say that sciff....
Old 09-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

I raced that 350z last night. We were close in 2nd and most of 3rd, but then he slaughtered me. He said all motor.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sujomatt
funny u should say that sciff....

Which part of what I said, and whys that?

Fill me in.. I'm out of the loop over here
Old 09-02-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

SHO - i am pretty confident he sprayed then. u did good
Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sujomatt
SHO - i am pretty confident he sprayed then. u did good
sounds like that same 75 shot just happened to show up in 3rd gear, or maybe he just finally caught traction in 3rd. On street tires, I am making less power and if I'm power shifting 3rd is still squirrely coming into third hard. In fact I dont really like power shifting on street tires.

Whats the point of lying though.. I meen it doesnt sound like you guys are running for money
Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Well its a LS2 350z.. with a Cam exhaust intake and tune.. I dont recall seeing aftermarket heads on it. SHO has everything else minus the Cam.. i doubt that cam adds 100hp lol

but obviously thats just speculation
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

I don't have anything else, all I have is the headers lol. I litterally have a stock intake, stock catback, and nothing else has been touched.

Headers/tune, thats it.