Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowLSJ
got a timeslip?

i am gonna have to call BS, that doesnt look like a mid to low 13 sec car sorry

if you did run it good job
Ok don't beleive me, makes no difference...I had 60lb/hr injectors on water/meth with an agressive tune, full bolt ons with 2.8", I ended up running out of meth (with 23 degrees timing) while racing some buddies, blew a piston, and collapsed 2 rings. Had my car rebuild and went back to stage 2 kit becuase I still needed the remainder of the warranty and I had tons of trouble from the dealership.

Again, not sure why you would call bs, the car had just about every bolt on you could have, and that was my best et ever!

Last edited by Quiksilverss; 09-26-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quiksilverss
Ok don't beleive me, makes no difference...I had 60lb/hr injectors on water/meth with an agressive tune, full bolt ons with 2.8", I ended up running out of meth (with 23 degrees timing) while racing some buddies, blew a piston, and collapsed 2 rings. Had my car rebuild and went back to stage 2 kit becuase I still needed the remainder of the warranty and I had tons of trouble from the dealership.

Again, not sure why you would call bs, the car had just about every bolt on you could have, and that was my best et ever!
Why would you need 60lb injectors? I'm only running 55's. Granted, they
are maxed and I'll have 80lb'ers in shortly...but 60's seem like overkill for you. Is there no other alternative?
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

when I had my cobalt it was either 42's or 60's, nothing inbetween. The 42's maxed out at about 250whp so if you want to shoot for upper 2xx whp the only thing you could do was go with 60's.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unit213
Why would you need 60lb injectors? I'm only running 55's. Granted, they
are maxed and I'll have 80lb'ers in shortly...but 60's seem like overkill for you. Is there no other alternative?
My factory injectors are almost 55lb/hr. When you only have half the amount of injectors, the size almost doubles for the same horsepower.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the LSJ threads all seem to go to ****, so im going to avoid that, other than this statement. the FI bikes are seriously quick. i saw a few friends of a friend race their's (2 brand new r6's) race some guys older gsxr600 and the FI bikes were damn quick.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
the LSJ threads all seem to go to ****, so im going to avoid that, other than this statement. the FI bikes are seriously quick. i saw a few friends of a friend race their's (2 brand new r6's) race some guys older gsxr600 and the FI bikes were damn quick.

lol, yea look at mine
Old 09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quiksilverss

hmmm so if i bump my timming up and run "meth" with an agressive tune i should run 12's

lol dont get all upset, its just most guys are having a hard time with our cars breaking into the 13's

we are on the same team here man
Old 09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SlowLSJ
hmmm so if i bump my timming up and run "meth" with an agressive tune i should run 12's

lol dont get all upset, its just most guys are having a hard time with our cars breaking into the 13's

we are on the same team here man
I am not saying you will run 12's, but meth and lots of additional timing do help, there are a few running 12's with similar mods (hatrickstu from css.net). I wouldn't recommend running a "aggressive" tune, trust me doesn't end well as piston #4 tends to run on borrowed time.

I am not upset, and agree on being on the same team, but it sucks that people call others out when they tend not to know the whole story.