Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mach 1 vs 01 z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In case you "accidentally" over look it.. I said that I have a buddy in Tampa that would run you in November.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
In case you "accidentally" over look it.. I said that I have a buddy in Tampa that would run you in November.
sounds good to me but by then the procharger will be on with the spray hope he brings something good.what is he bringing,we going track,street,roll,dig some info would be cool lets set it up.be fair i hope its something he is going to drive to the race.and a little $$$$$$ to spice it up
Old 09-11-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by noride
sounds good to me but by then the procharger will be on with the spray hope he brings something good.what is he bringing,we going track,street,roll,dig some info would be cool lets set it up.be fair i hope its something he is going to drive to the race.and a little $$$$$$ to spice it up
track race. makes the most sense. that way theres no excuses and bs.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

That is fine..

Its an 01 Zo6.. H/C etc. We were planning on going to the track anyways so we can do that and then maybe get some digs from the street and some rolls, I'm sure we will be doing plenty of racing..
It is a full weight DD car.. He is deployed right now, has not even drove it with the new mods yet.. But I'm sure he will get the hang of it quick enough..

I'll shoot you a PM when I'm on my way down, hopefully I wont forget by then..
Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Teching In

That is fine..

Its an 01 Zo6.. H/C etc. We were planning on going to the track anyways so we can do that and then maybe get some digs from the street and some rolls, I'm sure we will be doing plenty of racing..
It is a full weight DD car.. He is deployed right now, has not even drove it with the new mods yet.. But I'm sure he will get the hang of it quick enough..

i will shoot u a pm with my name andnumber just set a reminder in your phone i want to do this with video dont forget $$$.do u think that a h/c 01z will outrun my d1 procharged sprayed mach it will be fun . what track
Old 09-11-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

i will shoot u a pm with my name andnumber just set a reminder in your phone i want to do this with video dont forget $$$.do u think that a h/c 01z will outrun my d1 procharged sprayed mach it will be fun . what track
Sounds good, I will set it right now.. Didn't think of that.

No idea.. If you are full weight that will definitely give him an advantage.. I'm not sure if he has got his spray hooked up yet or not..

At the track I think you will get him.. On street from a dig also, Not sure about a roll..

You car in its current state I would put money on his though..

Who knows, hopefully we get to find out!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
It's extremely close that's for sure. The company I worked for previously
(exec level) made the interior for all SN95 Mustangs. Just minor details
are different.
thats what im saying, my brother happens to have a 96 cobra and i got in an 03 and only very very small differences.

noride, i also have knowledge of 4v's as th emach 1s motor is basically the smae motor as in my brothers 96. the car runs good dont get me wrong, and with stock gearing they run damn good from a roll.

guarantee on the street from a dig a heads cam intake ls1 vs a sprayed mach would be a good race and probably a drivers race. ive seen cam only ta's going mid 11s with a 12 bolt. i dont see mach 1s on spray going that fast et wise.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Teching In

ive seen a bone stock MACH run a 12.9 at 106 with just DR's here in ENNIS at the motorplex......NORIDE just stop man i have made the same mistake you are making now and thats calling out all LS cars on THE LS FORUM haha it wont end good for you cuz they are gunna set you up to race a 10 sec street car bro...the mack's are nice but they are not the fastest cars in the world that title is reserved for MY CAR HAHA
Old 09-11-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

That is fine..

Don't bother, dude. Next time he loses to one, whether it's your buddy or not, he'll just put a bigger setup on his car and then start talking again about how he's never lost to an LSX and he's "waiting for the day it finally happens".
Old 09-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Don't bother, dude. Next time he loses to one, whether it's your buddy or not, he'll just put a bigger setup on his car and then start talking again about how he's never lost to an LSX and he's "waiting for the day it finally happens".
dont worry everything is set up.we race in november.all pm were exchanged and its on.
p.s dont hate because i would walk YOU
Old 09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like I started a challenge?

Ahhh its classic rivalry Mustang VS. F body gotta love it.

Keep us posted what the outcome is.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up Blown 6

[QUOTE=sslateron;12209120]Looks like I started a challenge?

Ahhh its classic rivalry Mustang VS. F body gotta love it.

Keep us posted what the outcome is.[/QUO
Interesting blog!! After all the B.S., one things is for certain, LS motors are truly a performance measure. No matter if it's in a Vette, Camaro, T/A. or in a MUSTANG! (Lord knows I've seen enough of those!) Quite simply, they perform well. Saying that your still waiting to get beat by one, is simply dumb and waiting for the inevitable...... AND, to top it off, the Mustang guy says it on an LS forum!!!! WTF!!! Please knock some sense into me! Maybe he's the
Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Noride, (Is it no ride or NOT much of a ride!!) your Mustang dont look like much to me!!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 PM

Damn if I was stateside I would love to make a Florida road trip, but then again my car isnt lsx so he wouldnt get his wish.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
IF he really does get the setup on in time, he should honestly beat the Zo6.. It is just a full weight DD..
If he is on his current setup, I would guess the Zo6 would win..

Regardless, it will be some good footage!

I think he is a pretty cool dude, and he has a right to talk a little smack.. A bolt on mach with a 200 shot would beat over half the people on this board I'm sure.
And I am also sure he knows there are PLENTY of ls1 cars that would mop his ****.

It will be fun!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Default Comical???

Originally Posted by sleeperstang16
ive seen a bone stock MACH run a 12.9 at 106 with just DR's here in ENNIS at the motorplex......NORIDE just stop man i have made the same mistake you are making now and thats calling out all LS cars on THE LS FORUM haha it wont end good for you cuz they are gunna set you up to race a 10 sec street car bro...the mack's are nice but they are not the fastest cars in the world that title is reserved for MY CAR HAHA
Listen to your friend !!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

dont worry everything is set up.we race in november.all pm were exchanged and its on.
p.s dont hate because i would walk YOU

good god you talk alotta **** man. Why do you even post here? Like said before, you come to the LSX forum to talk **** and you won't like the outcome...im really starting to feel like you are the type of guy to lose a race and start beating his dash pad to hell and screaming "BUT IT'S A MMMMUUUUSSSTTTAAANNNGGGG!!!"

chill the **** out is all i'm sayin. Yea you got a fast stang but theres countless numbers of LSX cars that will eat that mach alive.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
thats what im saying, my brother happens to have a 96 cobra and i got in an 03 and only very very small differences.

noride, i also have knowledge of 4v's as th emach 1s motor is basically the smae motor as in my brothers 96. the car runs good dont get me wrong, and with stock gearing they run damn good from a roll.

guarantee on the street from a dig a heads cam intake ls1 vs a sprayed mach would be a good race and probably a drivers race. ive seen cam only ta's going mid 11s with a 12 bolt. i dont see mach 1s on spray going that fast et wise.
Actually, your off on a couple of points. The 4v motor in the 03/04 Mach 1 is nothing like the one in your brother's 96 Cobra. I'm not gonna list all the difference here, but suffice it to say about the only things they have in common are dual overhead cams, 32 valves, and an aluminum block.

Secondly, before I did the build up on my car last winter, I was running a stock motor with a couple of bolt-ons, a Borla catback, and a 150 shot Nitrous Express system. On a dyno, it made about 395rwhp and 525rwtq on the juice. With drag radials, I ran 11.7's @125+, so yes, spray only Mach 1's can run mid 11's.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Actually, your off on a couple of points. The 4v motor in the 03/04 Mach 1 is nothing like the one in your brother's 96 Cobra. I'm not gonna list all the difference here, but suffice it to say about the only things they have in common are dual overhead cams, 32 valves, and an aluminum block.

Secondly, before I did the build up on my car last winter, I was running a stock motor with a couple of bolt-ons, a Borla catback, and a 150 shot Nitrous Express system. On a dyno, it made about 395rwhp and 525rwtq on the juice. With drag radials, I ran 11.7's @125+, so yes, spray only Mach 1's can run mid 11's.
****!...you beat me to it. Both points too. lol

and whoever said you can't get a 150 shot bolt on mach to mid 11s...you seriously should do some research. WR, Bolt on , Geared, suspension N/A Machs have hit mid upper 11s.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:06 AM
10 Second Club

NO Ride talks **** but I have to say one thing he is ALWAYS ready to back it up. I'm sure if your buddy wins he will be humble. And yes there are alot of fast LSX cars at the track down here. My buddies Formula goes 9's. Not too many on the street though. A few Vettes but I have yet to see a fast F-body on the steet here. I am not saying they are not here, I am saying I haven't seen one. No ride let me know when the the race goes down I will be there. If the new motor is in I will give the guy a run also.

BY the way guys 4V's love the spray. Torque numbers on a 200 shot are huge.

Quick Reply: mach 1 vs 01 z06