Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another round of "Post Your Worst Death"

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003 | 03:11 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

phantom, yes, ricer I was I guess... though car never had a wing or fart can (such things were not common back then). I did get laughed at for doing a front drive burnout at the track.

King, those '89 3.8L Trans Ams were wicked for their time.

So, in general, it seems like the Turbo Porsches have our number across the board.
Old 11-29-2003 | 03:11 PM
On The Tree

My buddies 90 LX with a 514 and a nice direct port setup. He killed my Camaro pretty bad.
Old 11-29-2003 | 05:55 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
phantom, yes, ricer I was I guess... though car never had a wing or fart can (such things were not common back then). I did get laughed at for doing a front drive burnout at the track.
haha I was only joking

So, in general, it seems like the Turbo Porsches have our number across the board.
Yeah well, those things are pretty insane. I'm sure if I had that race again now the results would be slightly different, but by the way that guy took off I'm sure it would still be a crazy close race. Hopefully after the winter mods that will change.
Old 11-29-2003 | 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yellow Ferrari 360 Modena..........

We went from a dig. I was in the lead until he figured out that we were racing
Old 11-29-2003 | 10:18 PM

LOL that's classic.
Old 11-29-2003 | 10:55 PM
STF Veteran

Lol Lol
Old 11-30-2003 | 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

id have to say my worst death ...(get ready for this ) a r34 skyline on sunset blvd in hollywood ..this happend when my car was stock ...this **** ..right hand drive ..****** sick!! well we went from a dig ...needless to say he didnt launch on me and i pulled up to 60 lol then i hear something go whooosh and i see a spec of nissan fly by ...probably my most memorable momnet on the street ...beat that
Old 11-30-2003 | 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Worst ive ever gotten it was in my Chip/Pulley 01 lightning. I was racing some other car (and winning) when a bolt-on vette on a 150 shot FLEW past me. The sad part was he started from a 5 car disadvantage.
Old 11-30-2003 | 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

I use to drive a 95 dodge stratus, and was at a light one night and I look to the left and there was a suburban and to the left was a SAAB, I think it was a turbo. Well the light went green and we all three took off needless to say I lost to both. LOL I lost to a suburban. I did notice he had a nice sounding Dual exhaust but man I felt like an ***. And the saab had I think 5 people in the car. Man that car was slow.
Old 11-30-2003 | 05:49 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by DaBalckIce
I use to drive a 95 dodge stratus, and was at a light one night and I look to the left and there was a suburban and to the left was a SAAB, I think it was a turbo. Well the light went green and we all three took off needless to say I lost to both. LOL I lost to a suburban. I did notice he had a nice sounding Dual exhaust but man I felt like an ***. And the saab had I think 5 people in the car. Man that car was slow.
LOL that was funny as hell
Old 11-30-2003 | 06:01 PM

That's classic ... my dad has a 2000 burban ... those things are pretty quick for a huge *** SUV. Has some good accelleration until around 60 or so when the horrid aerodynamics and low gearing start to kick in.
Old 11-30-2003 | 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

Yea i feel imbarrased to even admit it. My brother was driving it one time and told me he lost to a bone stock honda like the 98 body style, I think that night I cried myself to sleep. The stratus did have a air intake though. That probably bumped the horsepower up to 60. It looked good though.
Old 11-30-2003 | 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by DaBalckIce
Yea i feel imbarrased to even admit it. My brother was driving it one time and told me he lost to a bone stock honda like the 98 body style, I think that night I cried myself to sleep. The stratus did have a air intake though. That probably bumped the horsepower up to 60. It looked good though.
holy crap man, you have some funny *** deaths!
Old 12-01-2003 | 12:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Haha, a stratus. Hmm, if ya still have it, Ill race ya. I bet it would be a lot closer.
Old 12-01-2003 | 12:56 AM
Launching!

back in 99 i had a 98 z28 6 speed, the ls1 was still fairly new and i got ahead of myself.this guy around the way that i went to high school with had a 96 supra,ALL stock looking other than exsaust and a auto! we would always talk **** and rev at each other.well one night i came across him at a gas station.we set it up,he told me to meet him back there in 15min and we would run.at first i was spooked about him being a narc,the guy was always a little shady.well he pulled back in with a friend to witness. we went out and lined up in the middle of the highway on a straight (it was 2am.) he told me to go and he would follow,i thought whatever. i went and pulled hard in 1st,slam 2nd iam looking in my mirror thinking hes done for!then all of a sudden i see his headlights kick up and him blow pass me like iam sitting still.it blew my mind!we pulled off and chilled for awhile. the entire time he kept claiming it was stock but i knew he was full of ****.later i found out he was running 11.6 had he had boost cutway up and a big shot of nitrious. 2 weeks later he blew the motor racing it well it taught me never to underestimate anyone.
Old 12-01-2003 | 01:25 PM
Launching!

Well I was in my brand new 454ss pick-up you remember the black ones with red lettering. And I lined up with my 15 yr old at the time cousin in his go-kart. He literally put like six bus lenths on me. It was one of those racing karts like 250cc. Didn't know they where that fast. 0-60 in like 2.1 seconds.
Old 12-01-2003 | 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Worst death was shortly after I got a new motor in the car, broke it in and a week later this happens:

Hanging out at the local late night meeting place for people to BS and setup some races. No one there that I saw that I was particularly interested in racing that night... so I head to my car to leave, as I get in and start to pull out of the parking lot 5, count 'em 5, mustangs roll out RIGHT behind me. I was like WTF, where did these guys come from?

Kinda cruise around until we get to an open area and the first two flank me, one of each side of the three lane road. Guy on the left honks and we go, I put a couple car lengths on both of them to 120 or so. Then they drop back and a white fox body pulls up next to me... I'm looking at it and it's got a 4" cowl hood and a fugged up front bumper. After my last kills I'm full of adrenaline and thinking I can't lose to this POS. He honks and I hit it, pull thru 3rd and into 4th, check to see where he is.... I'm looking over at his car and he's right at my door, then he floors it starts jumping forward and backward just messin' with me. It was a blown/bored/stroked fox body.... oh yea, he had 3 people in the car too

I ordered mods shortly there after
Old 12-01-2003 | 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Oh, and of course Tit Bar has never lost, so I'll save him the trouble of posting...
I have lost, I just have selective memory and have blocked them out.

The most expensive loss was to a Diablo GT here in town. My ******* bottle was empty

I have been beaten a couple times on motor from rolls on the freeway, but not on the juice yet.

Well, unless you count the GSX-1000R.
Old 12-02-2003 | 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got killed by a Supercharged Viper SRT-10 this weekend, I rolled up to viper at a light with my cutouts open in the hope I would could run a stock viper, I say nice car and This guy in his 50's says thanx and ask me how much power you've got? I say around 400 to the wheels, he says I like the SS's, I ask how much power are you making? He says I've got around 650 with a supercharger, and I say yea I can hear it, He says he was having a problem with what I think was his supercharger belt slipping. The light turns green but we just took off normaly(not racing) We get to where It's open and no cops in sight and we are side by side and I ask him, let me run you once, he agree's and I drop it to 3RD gear at 4K and he punches it and I do the same, I run it to the top of 3rd then 4th at that time he has 3 to 4 car lenths on me and shut's down . (I was not expecting to win of course) I roll by and give him a thumbs up and we just cruse for awhile untill we get to a light and talk a little, The light changes and we go our seprate way's, one badass car and he was a cool dude to.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 12-02-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2003 | 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

i was in my friends nissan altima m5. it was a 93 altima with like 260000. i was on grand river in brighton, and i see this blue green Chevy Venture on my right. the guy driving it has the piercings, long hair, tattoos, **** like that. i rev at him, and the car sounded like a ricer cause it was str8 pipe from the cat back, he revs back and i can hardly hear him. i take off when it turns green and i hear a lil scrubbing noise from the vans tires, whereas mine go up in smoke. he ****** raped me, had about 4 lengths on me when i finally let of. ouch