Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another round of "Post Your Worst Death"

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003 | 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Turbo 'Busa...enough said.
Old 12-13-2003 | 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What...you mean you didn't take him? C'mon that's easy ****. Yeah just kiddin that is definately an admirable death
Old 12-13-2003 | 09:49 AM
Stu
TECH Resident

10 second 87 GN. Did good till 2nd gear. Then byby.

Stu
Old 12-13-2003 | 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

when i had my 99 dakota r/t, i got torn a new one by a bmw m3 roadster. off the line it was fairly close, then it was like it was shot out of a ******* cannon. i was behind one just last week, i didn't try it.
Old 12-15-2003 | 03:57 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Got Passed by a Diablo while Iwas cruising the autobahn at 170, but the sweet part Is: There Was a Corrado that was on his tail and forced him to the right and passed him. Gotta love it sometimes
Old 12-15-2003 | 05:58 AM
On The Tree

I pulled up to a stop sign, and looked over and seen two buddies on a side road, one was blocking cross traffic so they could cross. I pulled through the sign and waited for him to get back in his ride. He stood stood up through the hatch (he is kinda strange) and flagged us off. Well I put multiple lenghts on them, but when I looked in the mirror I saw the turrent rotating left and the main gun dipping down, I decided to slow down and let him pass. As the Abrams rolled passed I he was waving and laughing.
Old 12-15-2003 | 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Red face

I Got Beat From A Dig In My Z28 By A 2000 Gt W/ 4.10 Gears Off Road H-pipe And Headers, Well I Could Have Got Waxed By A V-6 Because I Had My Traction Control On, I Took His Nuts On The Next Run.
Old 12-15-2003 | 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was out with my girl in my 12sec 1989 GT thinking I'm JohnnyBadass (this was almost 10 years ago) when a metallic blue 2nd Gen Camaro rolls alongside me at a light. On the green, I got a great launch only to see the Camaro just pulling away like crazy. By 100mph or so he had at least 10 lengths and was still pulling, so I shut it down. As I rolled up to the next light with my tail between my legs, I noticed the slightly narrowed rear and BIG tires tucked under the fenders...doh! Asked the guy what he had and he said "Big-Block Chevy, big stall and big shot..." My ego was put in check for some time after that...
Old 12-15-2003 | 06:44 PM
On The Tree

I go out to the local street races...... Theres A 240Z WITH A SMALL BLOCK IN.... I see him race a twin turbo Z. I think I can take him. ask him for a race he agrees. Put the linelock on, heat em up and check tire pressure. Well he see's me doing all this and he calls his buddy over........ pops the hatch and opens a bottle..... NUFF SAID........
Old 12-17-2003 | 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, my girl is with me in my 93 T/A and have yet to be beat (Year is 1998). I pull up to a stop light where there are two left turn lanes .There is an old man (say 60-65) in a 96ish Cobra Vert in the other turn lane next to me. I tell my old lady "watch this" (famous last words of a fool) and throw him a rev. He turns and looks at me like I am nuts, then turns to his younger (30's) girlfriend and they smile.I tell my girl that he will not want to run.......Light turns green and we both turn. I figure I will jump on it and show him what he missed out on, too late the ****** blows me away and on top of that I miss 3rd (would not have mattered because at this time he had me by at least 6-7 cars). I pull up to him and I am pissed tell him "one more time I missed 3rd". He slows down and go from a roll once again he starts to walk me when all of a sudden I start to reel him in. At about 90 we are side by side he slams on the brakes whips in behind me and gets on the highway laughing and waving. I am like WTF when I see the cop up ahead radaring. He let me think I was winning and then left me with the cop.The cop was cool wrote me for 65 in a 45. The old bastard knew that cop was there and he set me up good. Found out later it was a supercharged car with just about every mod he could have had, but to me it looked bone stock.
Old 12-17-2003 | 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got my *** stomped on by a bone stock 89' VW Jetta. dry night great traction and no matter how hard i tried that freak just kept pulling on me... thouse things are factory freeks there faster than they seem.
Old 12-17-2003 | 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

On the florida turnpike goin north towards jupiter...Silver supra comes up next to me with a fart can and a body kit. No sound of a turbo so I think I'm going to kill him.

I drop to 3rd and take off, he hits it once his nose is even with my door and for a second I thought I hit my brakes. He flew past me like I wasnt moving.
Old 12-18-2003 | 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rice Burner
On the florida turnpike goin north towards jupiter...Silver supra comes up next to me with a fart can and a body kit. No sound of a turbo so I think I'm going to kill him.

I drop to 3rd and take off, he hits it once his nose is even with my door and for a second I thought I hit my brakes. He flew past me like I wasnt moving.
im reading over your mods man... your car cant breath ... hooke it up with thouse headers you want and it will feel like a whole nother car ... make shure when you do weld on a cut out just after the y pipe
Old 12-19-2003 | 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Default Got trashed by a supercar...

Raced a 1988-89 Ferrari F-40 from a dig out of a tollbooth on I88East 3 or 4 years ago- I was in my 1980 Z28 (350, cam , intake, headers straight pipes, 4-spd) A doctor who works a the hospital by my house owns the car. Guy's driving a $500,000 car and he hit second smoking 'em. I almost **** my pants. in about 2 seconds he had probably 40 yards on me. I wonder why?
Sub 3s 0-60, 11.2 1/4 stock...
Old 12-19-2003 | 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah it sounds like u were

sorry i was looking for an excuse to use this one.
Old 12-19-2003 | 01:28 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

This thread still lives?!
Old 12-19-2003 | 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was suprized too

new deaths added daily
Old 12-19-2003 | 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cudaeh
i got my *** stomped on by a bone stock 89' VW Jetta. dry night great traction and no matter how hard i tried that freak just kept pulling on me... thouse things are factory freeks there faster than they seem.
That was you? haha, man, i was only on half throttle too. VW power all the way! I have taken out many an LS1 with my baby. OHHHH NOOO, my nose is growing! AHHHHHH!!!
Old 12-20-2003 | 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My only two deaths and just for kicks, possibly my greatest kill ever .

First loss ever was when I was driving around in the summer with 3 of my friends in the t/a. It was the first warm weather we'd seen since I bought the car so the t-tops were off and we were just bored cruising around. We see this hot blonde who must have been in her mid 20's or so in a black z06 pulling up next to us in the right lane. Naturally we're all checking her and her car out when all of the sudden she winks at us and downshifts. I do the same and take off thinking "oh jesus christ, please go faster, I'm going to lose to a trophy wife with 3 of my friends to witness this...hell no" Obviously sheer will was not enough to compel my stock 98 with ~400 added pounds to victory. I was thoroughly stomped. At the next light she blew us a kiss and turned off...at least her and the car were both pretty to look at! The mods began after that day...

Second death ever was a sapphire blue w/ white stripes viper gts roughly an 00-02 or so. I was driving into the city to see a cubs game and my friend was following in his cherokee. As soon as he saw the viper he calls me on my cell and says "dude, i'm right behind you, if I don't see you take off i'm going to be sorely disappointed." I had just finished breaking in my 4.10s so I figured what better way to season them by running a viper from a 60 punch. So I pull up next to the gts, figuring I'll probably lose but not too bad and finally get the guy to run after a few revs. I get the jump and pull on him a little and start thinking "wow, this is unexpected" when all of the sudden I hear the sound of my impending death...his supercharger, which I was previously unaware of, started making major boost. I could hear the damn thing whine with my windows closed it was so loud. He must have been toying with me at first and then nailed it when I started to pull a little. Bye bye viper...

My best kill ever wasn't in the t/a, but in the 93 bonneville I owned before it . My friend and I would always joke about who's car was quicker since he drove a 94 intrepid. I had 10 horses on him but he was lighter, lol. So one night after work we decide to hold a "battle of the slow cars" because I wanted to find out once and for all before I had to sell the bonneville for the t/a. We have one of our friends line us up even in the parking lot (which was entirely empty, don't worry) and flag us. We take off and i'm just slightly ahead of him. I start to shut down and all the sudden I see this green blur woosh past me. Apparently he didn't realize there were two curb medians ahead of us that formed a lane between our parking lot and the lot next to us. He hit the first curb going about 90 and the car went airborne over the second curb, then came down nose first. I got out and ran over there with our other friend to see if he was ok. The radiator was cracked and leaking all over the place, the fan belt was shredded and clicking as it tried to spin, and we found out later that the motor dropped 2 or 3 inches because the mounts snapped. So the kid gets out of the car, looks at the damage, looks at me, then says "You know a lot about cars...do you think this will be expensive or should I be ok?" I just looked at him then laughed my *** off for about 10 minutes.
Old 12-21-2003 | 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MillaTK
That was you? haha, man, i was only on half throttle too. VW power all the way! I have taken out many an LS1 with my baby. OHHHH NOOO, my nose is growing! AHHHHHH!!!
what did snow white say to panocio when she was sitting on his face? LIE TO ME. LIE TO ME BITCH!!!