Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 3rd Gen N20 vs. Ported, Pullied, and Sprayed Terminator: License Plate = LSWAT

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SneakySSnake
Good lord you are ignorant, some ppl think mustangs are garbage. Not as light as you think they are? With an ls1 they can easily weigh under 3000lbs and still have full interior, and your friend need to drive his car off a cliff if his car only traps 112 with the spray. Heres a good vid for you to think about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYazpBfpOco
yea cus i said i would clean up any small block with spray on it. you are the ignorant one. the only reason i brough up the other car is because they are both 3rd gens that make similar power. my friends car is just a 355 with a baby cam and factory truck heads. its got a 150 shot on. not a very radical set up.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
yea cus i said i would clean up any small block with spray on it. you are the ignorant one. the only reason i brough up the other car is because they are both 3rd gens that make similar power. my friends car is just a 355 with a baby cam and factory truck heads. its got a 150 shot on. not a very radical set up.
You are the ignorant one my friend, the car in that vid was a mild 350 with all out of the box parts, full interior and a cage. Sbcs can be just as potent as any other motor and 3rd gens are excellent vehicles from a performance standpoint. I know you dont think you can beat any sbc, but you do find it disturbing that a 3rd gen could possibly be faster than a Cobra. I like them and so do lots of ppl, just cause your opinions differ there is no need to insult other ppls cars. If you just would of kept your opinions to yourself you wouldnt be in this situation.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

so what did the car run at the track the other night. you post his times and this would all be done......
Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by myslow92
or I sprayed
and I have a strong feeling is was something I did

Ofcourse it makes sense if you sprayed. Own up so I can change the thread to end this banter. You still need to get his plate.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dc*sk8r
hahaha this is a silver cobra right? if so i seen it about a month ago in san leandro,ca

Yes sir

*ok owning up now*
watch the video again. when the nose of my car starts to get blocked by his pillar I squeezed! about at 4-5k second gear

I can't believe some of you would rather bag on the cobra or the driver rather than ask me what I am hiding.

usually if I wait to grab bottle at that spot 4-5k in second I will trap around 124mph
if I grab in first at the 40' mark at the track well its way better

I did know I was telling the guy for a while I was going to hole shot him, just to make him wonder/nervous and it worked. His passenger told me he is so used to getting out front first that when I jumped out he got jittery and dumped little too much clutch and broke loose hence me getting out good in my first. While he was worried about recovery from that is when I grabbed bottle and jumped out hard. By the time he got to where he was feeling he could grab bottle (because now he is worried more about traction) is when he controlled my pull, but the race was already over.

Thanks for watching!!!

oh and little side note I was waiting on payment for another bet with another buddy of mine
made another bill last night

Last edited by myslow92; 09-13-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Ofcourse it makes sense if you sprayed. Own up so I can change the thread to end this banter. You still need to get his plate.

Trust me all I wanted was the plate. I did not care for the $50
Old 09-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by myslow92
Yes sir

*ok owning up now*
watch the video again. when the nose of my car starts to get blocked by his pillar I squeezed! about at 4-5k second gear

I can't believe some of you would rather bag on the cobra or the driver rather than ask me what I am hiding.

usually if I wait to grab bottle at that spot 4-5k in second I will trap around 124mph
if I grab in first at the 40' mark at the track well its way better

I did know I was telling the guy for a while I was going to hole shot him, just to make him wonder/nervous and it worked. His passenger told me he is so used to getting out front first that when I jumped out he got jittery and dumped little too much clutch and broke loose hence me getting out good in my first. While he was worried about recovery from that is when I grabbed bottle and jumped out hard. By the time he got to where he was feeling he could grab bottle (because now he is worried more about traction) is when he controlled my pull, but the race was already over.

Thanks for watching!!!

oh and little side note I was waiting on payment for another bet with another buddy of mine
made another bill last night
Makes perfect sense now.

I'm not sure why this wasn't clear on the 1st page or if the OP knew it would cause a stir. Either way, it's still an awesome race and great kill. Your setup hooks and runs. Usually, guys only have one of those down.

FWIW, you should slap some C6's wheels on the Camaro.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

i dont understand why ppl give the cobra so much credit. like nothing is suppose to beat them or get out front.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:13 AM

What size shot?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by SSIRBY
i dont understand why ppl give the cobra so much credit. like nothing is suppose to beat them or get out front.
It's about learning what works and what doesn't work on the street more than anything. Will a cam'd 4L60 3rd Gen beat a pullied, ported spray'd Cobra? No. Now make the same 3rd Gen hook like crazy and add 100+ shot and hell, anything's possible. Hiding mods helps you earn money with street races but here, it will not help anyone learn what works.

Cobras are amazing cars and we all know what they are capable of. 600rwhp and 130-135mph traps are noting to take lightly, that's why they have respect. Check out Unit's new pictures, 4 pages of respect right here, also the reason I bought a Cobra, the only car that I sold going 12 months without loosing a street race, fwiw.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...g-radials.html
Old 09-13-2009, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

yeah if I had some tire and a rear that would hold together I would love to see what this car could do if I squeezed on the line instead of waiting til 2nd

it's nitto 555 problems for me..on street I hook and book HARD and will spray part of first if need be (ie certain yellow 911tt car in a sig that frequents this forum )

but at track have to wait
Old 09-13-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

all your nutswingers feel stupid now? or did they know, guess dynotune isn't as dump as you thought........

it was a great race but kinda lame to come here and say you won with less.....
Old 09-13-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

heck i love cobras. very nice cars. thats a huge tire to.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
all your nutswingers feel stupid now? or did they know, guess dynotune isn't as dump as you thought........

it was a great race but kinda lame to come here and say you won with less.....

lol I never lied, I just never told the whole truth.
and besides to me it was kind of obvious I had several people on a local forum where this all started blowing up my phone asking me when I put the bottle to it. The guy on the rocket in the vid said to me "I heard you grab bottle I didn't know you had it."

and 00silvergtp some of them knew

it should have been noticed when all of a sudden I pulled really hard compared to the short distance I put on him out the hole before I squeezed
Old 09-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Launching!

to be completely honest, myslows car runs like a raped ape but everyone agrees that the cobra he beat should be trapping low 120's without the bottle, so there is either a driver mod in order or another issue..

myslow, want me to post any vids of your runs from last night?
Old 09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSIRBY
thats a huge tire to.
oh I see what you were talking about
Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
to be completely honest, myslows car runs like a raped ape but everyone agrees that the cobra he beat should be trapping low 120's without the bottle, so there is either a driver mod in order or another issue..

myslow, want me to post any vids of your runs from last night?

the ONLY issue was traction, you would know this if you were there behind the race like other people

and I trapped mid 120's not squeezing til 2nd where as the street I can spray in first if I have to
but he broke traction so I did not spray til 2nd

I'll take you for a ride one day and show you how early this thing will grab on the street

oh yes off spray he "should" trap there, but street race with traction issues,
anything can happen

Last edited by myslow92; 09-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Sand bagger!! Lol. Lools like I get out of the hole we have a good race..
Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by needaz28
Sand bagger!! Lol. Lools like I get out of the hole we have a good race..
Street or track pick your poison....you have better chance at track as I can spray on you from 20mph on street

AND where my money bisch!!!

BE thankful I decided to post all of this, I was just going to come down and tell you I would run you on 7psi and shoot some vid LOL
Old 09-13-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

ITs awesome to see a fast 3rd gen, total sleeper. Usually they make alot of noise and go no where. Wicked car Myslow92.

Quick Reply: LS1 3rd Gen N20 vs. Ported, Pullied, and Sprayed Terminator: License Plate = LSWAT